• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First REP never made it. Customs inspected and charged $2300 tax

noahblacked

Horology Curious
4/7/19
After posting on reddit. Im here to get help from the MODs
ordered my first rep back in june 2019 from chazingtime. Model was arf 116613lb arf v2 sh3135 movement. Dealer (ChazingTime) said production issues so money was paid already $480 with a rolex box n papers extra 90 ish. Waited 5 months for qc and first qc i just accepted coz i really wanted the watch. Was shipped november 30 ish. But customs at manila philippines inspected the box and currently tagged at $2300 for tax. DHL wont send it back to dealer without paying the taxes. Either way this has been my Worst experience ever. First time and was a total loss.
Link for DHL delays. https://imgur.com/a/KdaMa8x

Looking for help. Dont know what i can do at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Just ignore it and deny everything.

Watch has been seized - email the letter you got to Chazing. What did Chazing say? Out of morbid curiosity, wha did Reddit say?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I would submit a Help desk ticket here.

https://www.rwihelp.com/

TDs are supposed to reship when there is a customs seizure.

IDK about your country's laws but in US what we do is completely ignore (not respond to) all correspondence relating to customs seizures. We don't admit to ordering anything, if pressed say it had to be some mistake, etc. And certainly never pay any tax because that's also an admission.

In US, an attorney for Rolex will also send a threatening letter demanding you respond with information about you current and past activities and wanting supplier names. These letters are best ignored also as they are just a fishing expedition trying to get you to incriminate yourself and others.

Right now your focus should he on staying out of legal trouble first, even if it means losing the amount you spent on the rep. Bummer it happened on your first one. Obviously this is the exception if you want to try again.

jb3

17/4/17
USA
I assume you actually contacted the TD to let them know the watch had been seized?

Short story - it happens and the dealers here handle it accordingly by sending a replacement. It has happened to me once and the dealer acquired another one and sent it to me.

I also assume you realize you are buying illegal goods and there are people paid to catch this in customs? This is the risk we all take in buying rep watches =)

noahblacked

Horology Curious
4/7/19
I asked chazing if its possible for a replacement. Reddit asked me to post here so the mods could help me out.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19

IDK about your country's laws but in US what we do is completely ignore (not respond to) all correspondence relating to customs seizures. We don't admit to ordering anything, if pressed say it had to be some mistake, etc. And certainly never pay any tax because that's also an admission.

In US, an attorney for Rolex will also send a threatening letter demanding you respond with information about you current and past activities and wanting supplier names. These letters are best ignored also as they are just a fishing expedition trying to get you to incriminate yourself and others.

Right now your focus should he on staying out of legal trouble first, even if it means losing the amount you spent on the rep. Bummer it happened on your first one. Obviously this is the exception if you want to try again.
100% what KJ says

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
I assume you actually contacted the TD to let them know the watch had been seized?

Short story - it happens and the dealers here handle it accordingly by sending a replacement. It has happened to me once and the dealer acquired another one and sent it to me.

I also assume you realize you are buying illegal goods and there are people paid to catch this in customs? This is the risk we all take in buying rep watches =)
Thankfully it is not illegal in the US to buy aftermarket/clone watches. Selling them to unwitting folks is illegal but otherwise it's fine!

Reactions: mclarendude

noahblacked

Horology Curious
4/7/19

Thanks. Submitted a ticket at help desk. I am still hoping any MODs here could assist me in getting a replacement watch. It was my first purchase and its a complete loss. I do feel bad.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
2300 tax? They must think its gen!

I have read that some countries will levy the customs tax even on a rep as a way of discouraging and punishing for counterfeiting.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I asked chazing if its possible for a replacement. Reddit asked me to post here so the mods could help me out.

All it should take is a copy of your seizure letter emailed to Chazing. I assumed you had done that and there was some resistance. That's all a mod is going to have you do unless there is resistance from Chazing.

jb3

17/4/17
USA
Thankfully it is not illegal in the US to buy aftermarket/clone watches. Selling them to unwitting folks is illegal but otherwise it's fine!

Spot on! I learned something new today =)))

https://www.justice.gov/jm/criminal...s-c-and-d-definitions-trafficking-counterfeit

Technically it is illegal in the US to sell the watches (so M2M CONUS sales lol) https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg...USCODE-2011-title18-partI-chap113-sec2320.pdf

All good stuff pretty interesting reading considering I never bothered to read any of that in the past =)

M91leigh

Looking Around
11/11/19
You reckon the taxes are more because of the box and papers? I.e. more chance of passing through without having box and papers delivered with.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I’m not sure you’ll get much help from the mods - you ordered your watch before you were a member here and I know mods from other forums won’t get involved in such circumstances. Maybe they’re nicer here, but they’re an ugly looking bunch so I doubt it. Either way, before you harass the mods, just try and resolve it yourself with the TD, it should be easily fixed. Good luck, don’t let this dishearten you.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I've researched this pretty thoroughly and haven't found a definitive answer, but I think it's possible that gifting a counterfeit item is not the same legally as selling it. Which means if a friend made a gift payment, and the item was gifted, it *may* be excluded by technicality. At least that's what I tell myself, lol.

I know we have some lawyers here, maybe someone can chime in. Like almost every facet of the law, this is a specialty area and would likely require someone actively involved with it to know for sure. Also judges can decide cases based on their own interpretation and whether or not they got laid last night. So YMMV.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19
I still don’t understand what is the point of buying a fake Rollie with box and papers... unless someone wants to sell it for a “good” one