• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Skeleton Submariner - Artisans de Geneve

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I didn't like it at first glance, but it grew on me quickly

https://monochrome-watches.com/arti...oject-skeleton-rolex-submariner-114060-price/

ewIBS.jpg

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I saw this a few weeks ago on IG and it caught my eye. I’m a little more of a traditionalist with regard to watches but I can see the appreciation for this build.

​​​​​​​a few weeks ago, I did some work on a Submariner and ended up using a dial from a two tone black Submariner (on a side note, why doesn’t a 116613LN have a nickname?) and I have to admit that I liked it. The little subtle hints of yellow gold on the dial (mainly just the rims on the indices) added depth to the dial and it looked good when you glanced at it. It was subtle but noticeable and I like that on this sub too.
379f1cbd9754cd1cf21c33ec7c07c389.jpg
d125164a034f16df23651e78da75b9e2.jpg
f95c34d37f342c7fa9d411e6e3f95bdb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I don’t like the gold hands but i love a skeletonised watch. I think its a beauty! Good find! If they repped it id try putting silver markers and hands on it. Cool to see inside watches though :)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The carbon insert and PVD case/bracelet are pretty cool too. I generally don't like PVD, especially when it's glossy. but this looks good. I would definitely buy a rep of this.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I didn't even notice the carbon insert at first glance. Nice touch. Don’t think we would get away with spray painting the numbers to look better on a rep :p

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Yeah... like you KJ2020, I didn’t like it at first glance - but it rapidly became more appealing the more I looked at it. I’d go for a rep of this. It’s a heck of a lot better looking than their Rough Matt Carbon.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
The rotor is tungsten. Makes sense, there isn’t a lot of material there and tungsten is very dense.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I mean just looking abt it and admiring the work that it must have taken to make each and every part and put it together. To engineer, make, finish and assemble every part - even if you don’t like the way it looks, you start appreciating those features and when you look at it, you see the skill and craftsmanship and it just starts to grow on you. Especially if you could own it. Every time I’d look to see the time I’d be staring for extended periods of time knowing that it’s a true work of art and I’m Thr only one who owns one.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I mean just looking at it and admiring the work that it must have taken to make each and every part and put it together. To engineer, make, finish and assemble every part - even if you don’t like the way it looks, you start appreciating those features and when you look at it, you see the skill and craftsmanship and it just starts to grow on you. Especially if you could own it. Every time I’d look to see the time I’d be staring for extended periods of time knowing that it’s a true work of art and I’m the only one who owns one.

Well said bro, it is indeed art that I could get lost in for quite some time, every time.

rabl253

Supporter
Certified
1/2/19
if you like the look of this, check out the La Montoya: https://www.artisansdegeneve.com/en/...ns/la-montoya/

It's the same style of skeletonized rolex made by this boutique modding company. The additional complication / detail from the chronograph really elevates the skeleton, as compared to the three-hander of a submariner IMO.

It goes without saying that if anybody made a convincing rep of this I'd be jumping on that in a heartbeat. Hell, I'd buy the gen in a heartbeat, if I could afford it. Amazing, amazing watch. So pretty.

Les-Artisans-De-Geneve-La-Montoya-Rolex-Daytona-8.jpg

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
if you like the look of this, check out the La Montoya: https://www.artisansdegeneve.com/en/...ns/la-montoya/

It's the same style of skeletonized rolex made by this boutique modding company. The additional complication / detail from the chronograph really elevates the skeleton, as compared to the three-hander of a submariner IMO.

It goes without saying that if anybody made a convincing rep of this I'd be jumping on that in a heartbeat. Hell, I'd buy the gen in a heartbeat, if I could afford it. Amazing, amazing watch. So pretty.

Micasol already has made them mate. A lot of man hours go into it though so its far from cheap and most of the ones he make are mostly gen i think.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/7995820-squeleton-4130-daytona

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Our very own Micasol has made this

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/7995820-squeleton-4130-daytona

rabl253

Supporter
Certified
1/2/19

HOLY MOLY what a thread. That's gotta be the most impressive walkthrough of a build, ever. I hope he goes pro or partners with someone to be able to make more of these. I would buy one in a heartbeat if the price was within something I could actually afford. I mean, I can't afford a gen daytona and he's working with gen parts, but holy moly. It's like witnessing the birth of a new artisans de geneve, and getting to see inside the workshop, what a thread.

Some other tastefully done skeletonized watches:

Oris Big Crown ProPilot X calibre 115
Zenith Defy Classic Openworked
Zenith Chronomaster El Primero Full Open 38.00
and of course, AP has a bunch of Royal Oak Openworked versions

But yeah. High end skeletonized watches are a thing of beauty. Too bad I'm not rich enough for that world...

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Reactions: KJ2020 and rabl253