• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Long Awaited: ARF GMT 116710 SH3186 QC Pictures (1st public batch)

reptime101

15/9/18
- Trying to be understanding with the fact that DWs aren't ARF's forte but this is pretty bad, and can't RL because entire batch is probably like this
- Gaps toward the inside of the insert? entire batch probably looks like this too
- 9 seconds a day / 236 amplitude isn't as good as my Seiko SKX, but don't think Puretime allows RL because of this

Other than that the watch looks fine to me. m5smg2

Can anyone speak regarding the water proof stats? oascom

Should I accept and get it serviced (maybe replace with gen DW?) OR exchange for a different watch? maybe the ZZF v2?

AFs5k.jpg
AFuBo.jpg
AFvNJ.jpg
AF4bD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Whirld

reptime101

15/9/18
Update, saw someone else's QC pics and it appears that they have a thinner date than mine?

Hbdc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/8/15
I would ask to see a few other dates including double digits. Hard to say because you’re comparing a 4 with a 10 and I have certainly seen situations where some of the numbers are heavier.

Reactions: KJ2020

reptime101

15/9/18
I would ask to see a few other dates including double digits. Hard to say because you’re comparing a 4 with a 10 and I have certainly seen situations where some of the numbers are heavier.

Yea agreed, sent Elena a request to see other digits.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Stunning, hopefully the Xtal is the same of the ARF SUB v3, the black hole effect there is outstanding for a rep, maybe the best available atm

NoNations

14/9/18
These are mine if you want to compare. I have asked for date wheel on 22.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I dont see any issues other than the DW but replacing those is pretty much a given, especially on an ARF. The watch may not have been wound fully before the time graph test, you could ask them to wind it fully and send another pic. Beat error is perfect, s/d can be easily regulated.

NoNations

14/9/18
Your 4 is definitely better than mine and great timegrapher stats.. did you GL?
I probably will, just asked for a photo with date at 22 to make sure the date is centred. I can't see anything wrong with the watch.

Reactions: reptime101

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Amplitude is little low but maybe it's not fully wound.

As for the test it passed but I would test it anyway, but that's me.

Reactions: reptime101

reptime101

15/9/18
I dont see any issues other than the DW but replacing those is pretty much a given, especially on an ARF. The watch may not have been wound fully before the time graph test, you could ask them to wind it fully and send another pic. Beat error is perfect, s/d can be easily regulated.

Sounds good, thanks for your input <3

Tobel

6/7/17
Rehaut engraving looked better aligned on m5smg2 than on the 2 samples shown here. I hope the whole batch is not like this. I know it's not important for most people but this is one thing that I'm sensitive to

reptime101

15/9/18
Rehaut engraving looked better aligned on m5smg2 than on the 2 samples shown here. I hope the whole batch is not like this. I know it's not important for most people but this is one thing that I'm sensitive to

Yes rehaut doesn't look great, after examining more numerals Elena agreed that its not a good one so she's going to get another.

If its a problem with the entire batch I might ask to switch to the new XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 (see below video). Same price.

Last edited:

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
You said Elena, right? so puretime.

I wanted to order through them since they are my trusted - trusted dealer, i bought from them before, but jennifer just told me that it's not available yet.

How so, there are people already receiving QC lol

reptime101

15/9/18
You said Elena, right? so puretime.

I wanted to order through them since they are my trusted - trusted dealer, i bought from them before, but jennifer just told me that it's not available yet.

How so, there are people already receiving QC lol

Yes Puretime, they just received a couple watches today. Today is the first delivery, they'll have yours by tomorrow at the latest I believe.

Last edited:

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19
Just received mine QC

is the gap between the xtal and the bezel so noticeable also in the gen? looks wide to my eyes....maybe I'm mistaking...