• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SOLID 18K GOLD Rep

• Thread starter d4m.test
  • Start date
D

d4m.test

There is a SOLID 18K GOLD DayDate available at PerfectClones for $4,288.00. I have inquired about the details, but I haven't heard back. Any have any experience or opinions on this one?

1.jpg

Yup.... I'm a serious buyer. Call my crazy... I understand. Keep in mind that the real thing sells for around $20,000.

http://perfect-clones.com/rlddf10100-president-diamond-markers-swiss-28362-p-1403.html

Here are a few of the specs listed on the site:

RLDDF10100 18K President FG Diamond Markers Swiss Eta 2836-2

Model : Solid 18K Yellow Gold, Gold Dial , Diamond Markers on Solid 18K Presidential Bracelet, Solid 18K Rose Gold Clasp
Movement: Swiss Eta 2836-2 Automatic Movement ( Ceramic Movement Retainer)
Functions: Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Day and Date ( Set via Crown)
Dimensions : Dia 38mm x 11.5mm Thk
Material : 1 piece forged case construction ( 1 : 1 Dimensions ) , Solid 18K Yellow Gold
Back : Solid case back in Solid 18K Yellow Gold
Crown : One-piece screw down crown with o ring
Crystal: Sapphire crystal
Waterproof to 40m
All correct markings
Gold day and date wheel.. Close 6 and 9

Value Added
Waterproofing : Additional seals are add on and watch is pressure tested to 4 to 5 bars... 40m waterproofing guarantteed..

Movement is completely overhaul, oil cleansed.. re-assembled, serviced and re-lub with 5 different types of Swiss imported movement lubricant, Calibration to +5 secs per day.

Above scope of works is carry out by Swiss trained Technicians.

Notes : Mode of payment .. Only Western Union Money Transfer Only.

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
wacko wacko

and

wacko wacko!

LOL

K

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
if it is solid 18k why is the band more yellow than the case?

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
maybe light reflection maybe photo... hard to believe josh sells gold plate brass for real deal....

nice watch if have money

but is replica

not rolex...

LOL

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
yes, i agree with you. what ever josh says it is he beleives that's what it is for sure. even his plated watches are supposed to be the best that is avaliable. his plated daytonas are supposed to be the best you can buy. i was just curious if that is the actuall picture of the solid 18k watch. i am assuming it will look better than that inperson. i would bet money that it will.

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
I would find it hard to believe that Joshua would scam anyone. He has a stellar reputation.

Still, that is a LOT of money for a rep. No matter how good it is, it's still a rep.

For that kind of cost, or less, you can find a GEN two tone that is used. Or, you can get a gen full gold of another brand. I have seen full gold Omegas for less than that. I would rather have a full gold Omega ORG than a rep of this Rolex any day.

Just my 2 cents worth.

rawbarZ7

Renowned Member
16/5/06
I would want to see it with my eyes and feel it with my hands before I shipped out +$4000. It is still a rep after all.

And for +$4000 are you going to melt a piece of it down to prove it is or just take his word?

RB

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
@rb

let us know when you melt it down... and tell if still keeps time!

LOL

K

No doubt of any kind is the real deal solid gold replica..
period.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
You got some set on you if spend that much on a rep sight unseen. I would trust Jos and Andrew of course but com'on man thats a lot of dough for a rep gold or not.

sgv

Renowned Member
1/4/06
My jeweler just offered me a *real* Day-Date, bark finish, late 80's for $4K.

Have fun with your rep.

The datefont is off...

MBW is less for solid gold.

sv

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
sgv said:

Have fun with your rep.

The datefont is off...

sv

it's hard to call one of these out as a rep because of the fonts or hands because they change them through the years and you never know how old somebodys watch is. the hands are especialy tough there are probably 4 different sets of hands i can think of off the top of my head and probably as many fonts. my favorite font for this watch is the open 6 and 9. it looks classier.

sgv

Renowned Member
1/4/06
hk45ca said:
sgv said:

Have fun with your rep.

The datefont is off...

sv

it's hard to call one of these out as a rep because of the fonts or hands because they change them through the years and you never know how old somebodys watch is. the hands are especialy tough there are probably 4 different sets of hands i can think of off the top of my head and probably as many fonts. my favorite font for this watch is the open 6 and 9. it looks classier.

Very true...

Rolex never used a squared font on with their numbers. The closest would be a Tudor movement, which is a smaller font.

I, too, love the open 6's and 9's. Especially the mid-70's thick font, with the large tropics. Purely awesome. In my opinion...the bigger a Rolex can get, the better. :D

sv

D

d4m.test

It's all relative.

With some creative accounting, I might be able to write this off as some kind of business expense, and at this time of the year I'm looking for anything I can possibly write off. I have a year-end strategy meeting tomorrow morning with the CPA so it will be fun to see her stick her her fingers in her ears and do the whole "la la la - I can't hear you - la la la" thing. :)

I think the $20k gen gives my wife WAY too much ammunition if you know what I mean. That is entirely what this replica thing is with me - I like these watches, but I'm not going to easily debate her spending habits while wearing a $20,000 gen watch that I don't need. Hell, who really needs something like that anyway?

Hell, I don't need a $4k rep watch come to think of it, but I don't NEED the $500 Pan "Best" 111H I just bought either, although it will be nice to have when it shows up.

ATTENTION DEALERS - I just bought a large winding case from eBay with room for a ton of watches I also don't NEED. :)

sgv

Renowned Member
1/4/06
I was thinking a bit about this watch and the way to go.

Buy one of Josh's Day Dates, and buy a $1500 gold bracelet on eBay. You'll be fine, and the weight won't be off by much.

Then, buy a gen dial and you'll be in business.

I have a Day Date that I bought from Paul awhile ago. I put a gen dial on it, and it looks amazing. My jeweler loves it. (...and he wears a gen diamond dialed DD, his son wears a Franck, his other son wears a Breitling...so these are guys who know watches...) He loves every time I wear a rep, because he likes to see how close they can get. He digs my MBW and Watchmasters...

sv

D

d4m.test

Sight unseen - Melt it down?

Here's the fact about buying this sight unseen:

If I get screwed, there is a hell of a lot business lost to the dealer who screws me. I don't think one sale is worth pissing me off as a potential repeat customer.

I think the solid gold links are what - around $250? I could melt one of those down I suppose but that wouldn't tell me a lot. However, assuming I get more information on this watch and purchase it, I am gong to send it straight to a friendly jeweler who will go over it very carefully and test the gold, weight, and anything else they can think of testing. I'm already going to have to buy TWO additional links for my wrist if it's the same size band as my Submariner, so I don't think I'll be melting down anything.

D

d4m.test

SGV - you may be right about that. So far it looks like some people are voting this particular watch down so there may be betters ones out there. I've also been contacted by PMs with possibly better deals.

I like the idea you have of putting something together, but I would complete screw it up. Although, it's possible I could send the parts to someone like Ziggy or By-Tor or ???? in order to get it all put together. I wonder how much that would cost me. Any ideas?

But - if you really are willing to put up 2 : 1 against me buying this watch, how about we make a bet for about $2,150? :p

sgv

Renowned Member
1/4/06
We shall see how the numbers go...and we can talk about that wager. ;)

In my opinion...there are better looking reps.

Hell...I did all the work on my rep. PM me, if you wanna talk some shop.

sv

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
sgv said:
hk45ca said:
sgv said:

Have fun with your rep.

The datefont is off...

sv

Very true...

Rolex never used a squared font on with their numbers. The closest would be a Tudor movement, which is a smaller font.

I, too, love the open 6's and 9's. Especially the mid-70's thick font, with the large tropics. Purely awesome. In my opinion...the bigger a Rolex can get, the better. :D

sv

my favorite open 6 and 9 is the thin one on the late 80's and early 90's date just, it looks delicate and stylish. i think it was on the day date of the same era. i have a tt date just with that and it is one of my favorite watches. i am looking to buy one of these in wg with a silver or grey dial, diamond markers or roman numerals and fluted bezel.

people are always worried about dressing up to wear one of these. i see people wearing nice blue jeans with these on. if i get one of these i will wear it allot.

correct dials are not as important with these either because there are so many of these that have had custom work done to them and redialed it is almost impossable to tell if it is a rep. that is very good for us. lol