• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF GMT 116710 SH3186 photo review

Stinger

Known Member
29/9/09
c29eb8da560e32f3397d253745f62954.jpg

Great watch, just the date disc is pain in the ass...
But I think, I have a new daily rocker.

Reactions: m5smg2

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I’m really thinking of buying the 116710. Which factory is the best for replica?

Please stop asking which factory has the best sub/DJ41/GMT. People have been very nice in the thread that you have created, usually that kind of thread gets nuked. You are the only one who can answer your own question, but to do that you need to read and use the search function. That's the only way you can understand the pros and cons of each watch. Stop expecting to be spoon fed

Luizin2004

Renowned Member
11/1/11
Please stop asking which factory has the best sub/DJ41/GMT. People have been very nice in the thread that you have created, usually that kind of thread gets nuked. You are the only one who can answer your own question, but to do that you need to read and use the search function. That's the only way you can understand the pros and cons of each watch. Stop expecting to be spoon fed

+1

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Freeflyer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/9/17
Hello all. I received my ARF GMT and it was dead on arrival. I tried winding, shaking, using the jump hour and setting the time without luck. I decided to open up the case and gave the balance wheel a turn which brought it to life. However, it ran for a few hours then froze again. I opened it a second time and it ran for about a day then froze. This time the balance wheel seemed frozen. I tried messing with the crown positions then the balance wheel again and it became unfrozen. Does anyone have thoughts on why this might be happening?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hello all. I received my ARF GMT and it was dead on arrival. I tried winding, shaking, using the jump hour and setting the time without luck. I decided to open up the case and gave the balance wheel a turn which brought it to life. However, it ran for a few hours then froze again. I opened it a second time and it ran for about a day then froze. This time the balance wheel seemed frozen. I tried messing with the crown positions then the balance wheel again and it became unfrozen. Does anyone have thoughts on why this might be happening?

A servicing might fix it. The fact that it's running at all is a good sign. It could just have hair, dust, debris, congealed lubricants, etc. stuck in places that cause it to grind to a halt.

Freeflyer

2/9/17
A servicing might fix it. The fact that it's running at all is a good sign. It could just have hair, dust, debris, congealed lubricants, etc. stuck in places that cause it to grind to a halt.

Good call. I opened it again and noticed a hair wrapped around the balance wheel. I was able to grab it with tweezers and it’s running again though it is slightly fast now.

Reactions: m5smg2

bubblegummers

Known Member
15/12/18
Hi guys,

Just received my qc’s today, what do you think? The 18 marker looks a little off, don’t know if it’s just dirt if it’s somehow tarnished. Also not really sure if it would be noticeable on the wrist anyway. What do you think?

I've got the gen GMT 2, and the 12 o'clock triangle marker was faded the day I got it at Heathrow. Didn't have a choice; it was whether I bought it or didn't. Sent it to Rolex for a warranty repair when it was 4 days old. They got it a bit better, but the nit picky ones on this forum will say it's an instant "tell" :D

Reactions: RiffRalf and m5smg2

anh

19/1/20
Thanks for the review. Isn’t possible to go with bracelet jubilee?

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
I've got the gen GMT 2, and the 12 o'clock triangle marker was faded the day I got it at Heathrow. Didn't have a choice; it was whether I bought it or didn't. Sent it to Rolex for a warranty repair when it was 4 days old. They got it a bit better, but the nit picky ones on this forum will say it's an instant "tell" :D

My gen has misaligned rehaut. Instant tell as well :)

Reactions: RiffRalf

Fulcanelli

Known Member
7/7/19
EU
Is someone with more experience than me able to recommend a replacement date wheel that is not Gen?

I’ve seen some on eBay that claim to fit but not sure if they do.