• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RWI not working correctly on Android

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
First, I'd like to say it's great to have the Forum back up. There's no place like home, so thank you!

Second, I want to mention that the Forum app is not working well at all on Android OS. Both in the Chrome mobile site and desktop site on a smartphone, some of the app buttons are not displayed at all and many more of them are simply dead, that is, totally unresponsive.

Note in the Chrome mobile site pic below how the 'Dismiss Page' and 'Dismiss all Notifications' buttons are covered up by other page components.

15675580314431.jpg

In the Chrome desktop site, those buttons are visible but not functioning.

15675581556642.jpg

Additionally, in either Chrome site I can't quote, edit, like, or start a new topic. The buttons are simply not working. I logged out and back in with no change. The site is working properly on PC with Windows.

I'm not trying to be a Whiner Rhymer here but I thought those who matter should know about this in case people thought everything was back to normal. I don't care for TT.

Thanks guys for all your efforts!

@Glaude
@dr3m3l

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Glaude
DR3M3L

Update: I tried a different mobile browser (Dolphin) and the Forum is working correctly on Android smartphone. The problem persists using Chrome.

Tcc13c

Known Member
9/6/19
I'm on android with a Galaxy S9+ and using Chrome and don't have any issues. Latest updates on both Chrome app and phone firmware.
​​​​​​
​​​​

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks for the feedback. I also have verified latest version phone software and hardware, and latest Chrome browser for Android. Galaxy S8+. This problem was not present before the site went down, nothing on my side has changed.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Duplicate

Last edited:

mascob1

6/11/16
I have some small issues with my Android device...I can't use the "next" button, I click but nothing happens. ..I have to go on the top of the thread, ask for the number 2, click "go" and it works...when I finished to read the page 2...I have to go on the top of the page 2, ask for the 3... And before the site went down, all was worked fine...

Reactions: KJ2020

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
The mobile version always had those graphic glitch with said buttons (it's the whole, edit, quote, like block), so that's not new and it's on my short to do list.

However I've tested myself with Chrome and everything else is working fine (even those function when you know where the "invisible" button is).

It must be a caching issue, try clearing out the cache of your browser to see if that help

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The mobile version always had those graphic glitch with said buttons (it's the whole, edit, quote, like block), so that's not new and it's on my short to do list.

However I've tested myself with Chrome and everything else is working fine (even those function when you know where the "invisible" button is).

It must be a caching issue, try clearing out the cache of your browser to see if that help

Good call on the cache clearing bro. Everything works normally again. BTW I have never had any of those graphic glitches or dead buttons on my mobile Chrome, not ever and not now. With the exception of following this weekend's outage. Thanks for posting the solution here, hope it will help others too. You rock!

TheKnight

16/11/18
I use Firefox on browser works awesome.

Or try the Tapatalk app

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk