• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v2.2 vs. ARF v2 Daytona C White Dial

old_man

Renowned Member
23/2/14
I've read through the following threads from top to bottom but still can't figure out which is the better dial between Noob v2.2 and ARF v2 white dial cermaic daytona:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...arf-v2-daytona
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-photos-inside

The first thread really details the dial design. But my question is more regarding dial quality: in terms of gen-like color of the white, finishing, hour markers, subdial patterns and dial print quality? I guess what I'm trying to ask is: is it really a significant improvement swapping in the ARF dial in a noob 4130, when it's behind the crystal?

It seems like the Noob v2.2 has a better coronet (the 5 matches are more pointy), but i really couldn't tell about the dial finishing and color. Experts and those who has seen both dials (and/or gen) please chime in, would really appreciate it if there's something definitive for those of us who are trying to build a nice daytona.

Last edited:

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
ARF V2 White 116500 -

- Released as V2 in August of 2018.
- Uses a Chinese 7750 movement. The Sub-dials at 3 and 9 are non-functional.
- The Rolex logo is better than the Noob.
- Higher quality dial, but the Sub-dials do appear slightly thinner than Gen as shown in the picture below.
- High quality bezel that is very close to Gen.

- Some have combined the Dial and Bezel from this ARF with a Noob to achieve a better looking end result.

Right click and open image in a new tab to see this picture larger...

This question has become a seeming endless debate on the forum.

The ARF 116500 Dials and Bezel are better detailed and higher quality than the Noob.
- Some have gone to great expense and effort to put an ARF dial in a Noob case, and they say it is well worth it.
- Others say that the White Noob Panda dial is "good enough" as it is and does need to be changed.

-You could also just change the Noob bezel to a new Clean Factory bezel for a better result at a reasonable price.

It really depends on how much you want to spend and whether the cost is worth it to you.

old_man

Renowned Member
23/2/14
This question has become a seeming endless debate on the forum.

The ARF 116500 Dials and Bezel are better detailed and higher quality than the Noob.
- Some have gone to great expense and effort to put an ARF dial in a Noob case, and they say it is well worth it.
- Others say that the White Noob Panda dial is "good enough" as it is and does need to be changed.

-You could also just change the Noob bezel to a new Clean Factory bezel for a better result at a reasonable price.

It really depends on how much you want to spend and whether the cost is worth it to you.

Thanks for the reply and thoughtful quotes. I guess I've been around the forum long enough to know that everyone has their confirmation bias, unless we have definitive "on-hand" comparisons side by side. I don't mind dishing out the extra dollar to get the ARF, but my question still remains: is there the improvement and is it noticeable behind the crystal?

I read it in your thread that the color of the ARF and Noob v2.2 are actually different, with the ARF being a little more beige as opposed to the pure white of the noob. Also wondering which one would be closer to gen in that sense.

Reactions: masterpiece777