• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V8 114060 - Improved Bezel Insert?

LakeShow

Horology Curious
31/5/19
Just picked up a Noob V8 114060 and am suprised how good the indicies and numbers look on the bezel. Color looks better than other noob bezels on here. Looks like noob has improved the v8 114060 Bezel insert.

What do you guys think?

https://imgur.com/6iwAOZm
6iwAOZm

nikefit

Known Member
16/1/12
My v8 no date does look good, until the paint on the insert started peeling off..

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

hm11esh

4/9/18
Had the same issue too. The silver coating has fully​ come off now but still a great watch

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Just picked up a Noob V8 114060 and am suprised how good the indicies and numbers look on the bezel. Color looks better than other noob bezels on here. Looks like noob has improved the v8 114060 Bezel insert.

What do you guys think?

https://imgur.com/6iwAOZm
6iwAOZm

Are you making that assessment based on QC pics? It's very hard to tell much, that pic is blurry and poorly lit. There aren't many rep ceramic inserts that won't need periodic paint mods to continue looking good. I keep mine that way, largely by not letting them get dirty or wet. My V8 no date insert was painted about 10 months ago, still looks good.

Most factories just buy the cheapest parts they can get away with, the only real difference I see on your insert is the triangle looks oddly small. ZZF seems to be the only maker trying to provide improved inserts, using the Clean Factory insert.

My V8 no date on the bottom

15668685861783.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: johnlogan

LakeShow

Horology Curious
31/5/19
Are you making that assessment based on QC pics? It's very hard to tell much, that pic is blurry and poorly lit. There aren't many rep ceramic inserts that won't need periodic paint mods to continue looking good. I keep mine that way, largely by not letting them get dirty or wet. My V8 no date insert was painted about 10 months ago, still looks good.

Most factories just buy the cheapest parts they can get away with, the only real difference I see on your insert is the triangle looks oddly small. ZZF seems to be the only maker trying to provide improved inserts, using the Clean Factory insert.

My V8 no date on the bottom

15668685861783.jpg

The image is a little distorted. The triangle is bigger than it appears in the image.

Your indicies look good. Did you do the Molotow mod?

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
I am considering to purchase this noob and put arf 904 bracelet and clean v2 bezel. ( maybe bp dial too if any available for 2836 movement) I guess there will be no noticeable diference regarding color with the 316L case.

What do you think? Is it a good idea or maybe stupid?

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
I am considering to purchase this noob and put arf 904 bracelet and clean v2 bezel. ( maybe bp dial too if any available for 2836 movement) I guess there will be no noticeable diference regarding color with the 316L case.

What do you think? Is it a good idea or maybe stupid?

Sounds ok if you can live with glued insert. I cant. But tell me where I can see that famous BP dial everybody is talking about?

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
Sounds ok if you can live with glued insert. I cant. But tell me where I can see that famous BP dial everybody is talking about?

Not glued, I wanted to say the complete bezel, not only the insert. Regarding the bp dial I saw it here in the forum somewhere

Reactions: Cadows