Announcement

Collapse

IMAGE SHARING IMPROVEMENT

Use ClickPix.org , an easy way to share your images !
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
See more
See less

Finally CF HULK bezel!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post
    ARF is snap fit, Noob needs adhesive. I use 3M tape rings, which are great. I prefer this arrangement as they can be removed without removing the bezel.

CF is also supposed to be snap fit, IDK about compatibility with Noob. I would probably be inclined to use a tape ring anyway

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-HQ-3M-AD...T/311735707180
    How strong are these 3M tape? I just got some for my insert lol

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTime View Post

How strong are these 3M tape? I just got some for my insert lol
      You'll never get one off without removing the bezel first, unless you repeatedly get it wet. You can also heat the tape with a hair dryer to melt the glue but the movement should be taken out first or you'll cook whatever lubricants you might still have.
      We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
      BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
      Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?

Comment

ARF is snap fit, Noob needs adhesive. I use 3M tape rings, which are great. I prefer this arrangement as they can be removed without removing the bezel.

CF is also supposed to be snap fit, IDK about compatibility with Noob. I would probably be inclined to use a tape ring anyway

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-HQ-3M-AD...T/311735707180
        First of all thanks for all the advice regarding bezels & inserts. I read one of your other posts with detailed instructions on how to work with bezels which was very helpful.

I'm in the process of obtaining all the various tools/items required to install a new insert (I plan to take off the bezel as opposed to breaking the existing insert).

I haven't popped the bezel off yet but I'm aware that stock noob inserts have an adhesive that attaches the insert to the bezel. I'll take off the adhesive using WD40 as you suggested in the past.

I plan to use the 3M adhesive rings that you provided a link for. I was curious, have you ever experienced that the 3M ring is too thick compare to whatever adhesive comes applied on the stock noob insert, meaning that the insert sits too high relative to the bezel? I don't know what kind of adhesive/glue that noob uses in the first place so I'm not sure how thick/thin the 3M ring will be in comparison. You provided instructions on what to do when the 3M ring doesn't provide enough height (use a stretched out double-sided tape as a solution) - but what if the 3M ring provides too much height? Has that ever happened to you?
        Last edited by hokim; 21-08-19, 20:49.

Comment

3M tape rings are ultra thin and I've never had them put an insert too high.

Comment

Jeez I couldnt sleep knowing insert is glued to the watch

Comment

Originally posted by Cadows View Post
              Jeez I couldnt sleep knowing insert is glued to the watch
              Bro you couldn't sleep knowing you OWNED a watch

(A rep that is, lol)

Comment

3M tape rings are ultra thin and I've never had them put an insert too high.
                oh I see. Thanks.

Comment

Is there any way to avoid having to do trial and error with tape? I mean is there an insert that is tall/thick enough to not need to be height adjusted?

Clean factory? VRF? Gen?

I know that the ARF sinks in as I have tried that already.

How will the tape/adhesive hold up to repeated submersion into water during swimming and showers? I would be super worried it would fall out at som point down the line...

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jonas.87 View Post
                    Is there any way to avoid having to do trial and error with tape? I mean is there an insert that is tall/thick enough to not need to be height adjusted?

Clean factory? VRF? Gen?

I know that the ARF sinks in as I have tried that already.

How will the tape/adhesive hold up to repeated submersion into water during swimming and showers? I would be super worried it would fall out at som point down the line...

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    They all sit pretty good in the gen spec ARF bezel. I have the CF, ARF, eBay and a gen insert on the way. They all have the same or very similar thickness I guess it’s it the bezel you use. Noob and VRF for example will need adhesive. Glues can harden and become brittle and fall out over time especially if you get the watch wet and clean it all the time. Unfortunately same can go for the 3M tape rings you buy on eBay. I used to use a combination of the tape and glue lol. Now I just use ARF bezels as the press fit gives me peace of mind

Comment

The most enduring glue solution would be JB Weld epoxy. Care would need to be exercised in placing the correct amount to result in a flush fit, and to minimize any oozing out. Excess can be wiped off immediately with alcohol. Slow cure allows for both height and rotational adjustments. I'd put money on it never separating from swimming.

Comment

Working...
                      X