• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Review of Clean Factory New Daytona 116500 Black Ceramic Insert vs. Gen

shortlegs

31/5/19
I'm not impressed by it. Clean indices look too dark and messy.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Dude... I know you have always been curt and direct in the way you post, oftentimes bordering on being plain rude. That's ok, everyone behaves differently.

But this is really pushing it. It is well documented that the Noob insert is flawed, like the color and the font. Here is a product that corrects that flaw, is readily available unlike the ARF bezel, and from the initial looks of it, looks really good. And yet you say that the Noob is still better? That CF inserts are dark and messy? Like really? Have you even held one in your hands and compared it to a stock insert?

It almost looks as if you are dissing the CF insert because you paid much more for a spongebob mod and refuse to admit the CF is anywhere near that.

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Don’t own a Daytona but now I know which bezel to get if I buy!!!

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Wont be spending money on an insert mod for the Daytona. Looks absolutely fine and has held up to frequent hot showers lol.
No need for a mod or new bezel IMO

Really? I’ll let you in on a couple of little secrets - your hulk bezel looks nothing like the real one. And I mean nothing - waste of money getting the numbers fixed when the green is totally wrong. Anyone who knows the gen will spot it a mile away. Similar story with the platona - the bezel colour is off and the sub dials are an instant, and gratuitous tell (and I hate the expression ‘instant tell’).

Stop making drive by shit posts.

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Ok, this looks VEEEERY Good....
Just my 2 cent to make it perfect:
1. engraving is too deep compared to gen and creates strange shadows on the markers.
2. some numbers, like the 8 or similar, looks very little "Bolder" if you look at the inside point of the "8".

I was really picky, but the product is really good in colour and font that if they could fix this two very subtle things, well... will be 100% instead of 98%.
And honestly I think that the "bolder" effect is just caused by the too deep engraving.... fixing point 1, could also fix point 2...

:)

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Noob V9 with spongebob bezel mod. Much better than any CF bezel :)

I doubt that very much but enjoy you’re insert!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jtimewatch

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
12/3/19
Guangzhou, China
Hi guys, a follow up with some iPhone pictures under nature daylight.

20190812155514.jpg

201908121555141.jpg

201908121555142.jpg

wkim8732

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/10/17
TW
That looks great! it would be even better if you do a gen vs clean vs noob vs arf

can't wait for mine!

Reactions: XLR8R

Neo_one

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/3/19
Dude... I know you have always been curt and direct in the way you post, oftentimes bordering on being plain rude. That's ok, everyone behaves differently.

But this is really pushing it. It is well documented that the Noob insert is flawed, like the color and the font. Here is a product that corrects that flaw, is readily available unlike the ARF bezel, and from the initial looks of it, looks really good. And yet you say that the Noob is still better? That CF inserts are dark and messy? Like really? Have you even held one in your hands and compared it to a stock insert?

It almost looks as if you are dissing the CF insert because you paid much more for a spongebob mod and refuse to admit the CF is anywhere near that.

Nope, I only paid and extra $80 more. It can be well documented but as an owner, I can say that its absolutely fine :)

Neo_one

Banned
19/3/19
Sorry if its $158 then I paid even less as my bezel was 220. So $60 more :)
If you did your research you would know that 99% bulk platinum powder was too white and flat. Spongebob found the right mix to attain a slightly peachy hue. This looks worse than a USD which looks like the same platinum powder as this, which is only $120 and he bevels the indices now.
The platinum fill here looks messy and poorly finished.

Neo_one

Banned
19/3/19
This must be the new 45mm Daytona

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol you cheeky bugger :). I've been doing intermittent fasting for the last 2 weeks so my bodyweight and water retention is down. I also have an oval wrist which is really annoying keeping a watch placed were I want it :)

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Lol you cheeky bugger :). I've been doing intermittent fasting for the last 2 weeks so my bodyweight and water retention is down. I also have an oval wrist which is really annoying keeping a watch placed were I want it :)

Man, ARE YOU DONE THEN? Continue with this shit and I'll deal you with a time out from here. You stated your opinion on at least 10 posts throughout these 4 pages ever since the thread is up and I can see you continue to do so. We got it. Also stop posting IRRELEVANT pics in a thread you have no dog in. Roger?

atallcosts

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/3/13
Is the noob bezel glued on or can it be popped off and this one popped on in its stead?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk