• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Review of ZZF New 114060 No Date Submariner VS Gen

jb3

17/4/17
USA
as promise here are the pics, I was blown away by the quality. It is not perfect but the things I value was good like the SEL, the click of the bezel, crown and of course the reliability (athough not proven yet but running +/-2 sec for the last 12 hours). Oh and I apologized Picr is still not working for me.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183401...7710285691572/

Share what you didn't like about it or what flaws you noticed once you had it in your hands =)

Rockinmakicks

Known Member
17/6/19
Share what you didn't like about it or what flaws you noticed once you had it in your hands =)[/QUOTE]

There is not too much flaws, but the alignment of the r and x on the rehaut. Other than that its all good, I don't have a gen 114060 in hand to compare it to, but I have a gen GMT master II and no flaws at all!

Reactions: Giammaz8

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
as promise here are the pics, I was blown away by the quality. It is not perfect but the things I value was good like the SEL, the click of the bezel, crown and of course the reliability (athough not proven yet but running +/-2 sec for the last 12 hours). Oh and I apologized Picr is still not working for me.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183401...7710285691572/

What about the dial? Same flaws as the 116610 dial or is it ok?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

lianhuafoju

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/7/19
another case of take my money please.

imho , best out of the box no date sub.

Rockinmakicks

Known Member
17/6/19
What about the dial? Same flaws as the 116610 dial or is it ok?

All I can say is that I can come in in a pawnshop and pawn this badboy with no issues. The comparison that Li did was on point, it will be very hard for anyone to tell that this is not Gen.

Having said that, the rehaut was not aligned, the crown screws a little gritty compare to a gen which screws so smooth.

Im beating the watch up maybe up to two months if it still alive by then I will make a review. Cheers mate and go to our TD and place your order already!

lfarcos

Renowned Member
30/4/16
All I can say is that I can come in in a pawnshop and pawn this badboy with no issues. The comparison that Li did was on point, it will be very hard for anyone to tell that this is not Gen.

Having said that, the rehaut was not aligned, the crown screws a little gritty compare to a gen which screws so smooth.

Im beating the watch up maybe up to two months if it still alive by then I will make a review. Cheers mate and go to our TD and place your order already!

Thank you!

I suppose this dial does not have the issue showed in the 116610 for some members, reflections around the markers.

Last edited:

Duckguy

2/1/15
Just got mine in this morning. Peeling stickers and checking it out! So far so good.

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16

Thank you! I will place an order soon!

Duckguy

2/1/15
Congrats!
Could you show us any pics please?
Thanks!!

I will try to take some later. Last time I tried to post pictures I had issues - can someone remind me what website is best for linking photos for this forum?

lfarcos

Renowned Member
30/4/16
I will try to take some later. Last time I tried to post pictures I had issues - can someone remind me what website is best for linking photos for this forum?

I use Tapatalk and it’s very easy.

Duckguy

2/1/15
This isn't the right place for this question, but what the hell. Sizing up the 114060 bracelet the only thing I had to compare it to is a BP GMT II. Comparing the bracelets the GMT had one more link on the 12 o'clock side than the sub and one fewer on the 6 o'clock side. Is this typical? They both seem to wear fine, but I guess I expected them to be the same. Perhaps differences are due to the different adjustment system?

derpfrosty

Horology Curious
28/8/18
Would very much appreciate it for those with the rep, if you could show us if the dial depressions around the indices are still there like the sub date. Thanks in advance!

When you say this, are you referring to the "halo" look that circles the hour markers on the dial? Is that a dial issue and not a crystal issue? Sorry, am quite new to this and trying to learn. I think I have seen a video detailing this issue with the date model.

hokim

9/5/19
Just felt like posting: ZZF has the best rep 3,6,9,12 dial markers, best seconds hand, best insert..

That being said, and I should keep my mouth shut so I don’t end up on the TD’s black list, the lacquered dial, trash rehaut engravings, wrong bezel teeth spacing, lacking bracelet with non-rounded clasp corners and barely-there polished rehaut edge are all dealbreakers for me. Not to mention in gen vs rep pictures the ZZF subs seem to be overall
The biggest disappointment is that these types of flaws are deeper than the usual things that we see factories update with their v1,v2v3 like merely tweaking a color of paint or fixing a date font, which means I don’t think it’s realistic to expect an acceptable iteration ZZF subs.

TLDR; imho ZZF subs will ever only be good for parts.

buuuut I don’t like being a negative Nancy so I will say I am excited to have more options for genlike parts and also I’m hopeful that somebody who buys one will show pictures whereby some miracle I’m proven wrong

Can you elaborate more about your comment regarding the ZZF’s lacquered dial?

I agree that the dial markers are nice, the corners are more rounded than my noob dial. Is it possible to harvest dial markers from one dial and install on another dial?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Hello,

New here, I did some reading, it seems some people get the liquid ripple dial and some do not?

Is it a defect? I would like to buy ZZF over ARF but it seems impossible to detect if you would get the ripple issue from QC pictures.