• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RZF Datejust 41 "Wimbledon"

americanpsycho

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/19
I have noticed a few additional tells with the RZF version...the coronet is incorrectly shaped compared to gen, and the bezel is off (edges are too sharp on the inner part of the bezel). DW is good, but I have seen several QCs and pictures where it is sometimes tilted too far to the left.

americanpsycho

30/6/19
Hi all - was able to get my hands on some more QCs of the RZF DJ41.

DW, SELs, coronet, and crown actually all look good - hands are nicely cut, and dial markers are fine.

The only issue I am seeing is with the bezel - it seems too sharp compared to ARF/gen fluted bezel - let me know what you all think.
https://imgur.com/a/FjkmJ7D

americanpsycho

30/6/19
at first i thought that puretime images were maybe a bit weird but now also these QC shows a rhodium dial which is not looking like a rhodium dial

more of a rusty one

Very true - it is more of a champagne color, completely different from gen. I ended up RL this and going with ARF

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
at first i thought that puretime images were maybe a bit weird but now also these QC shows a rhodium dial which is not looking like a rhodium dial

more of a rusty one

I think that is the problem with the Wimbledon dial. With that dark brownish grey rhodium, it looks too dark and brown for the numerals to be visible clearly. And it’s not just on reps. The gens are the same way. I swear, the rhodium they use for the Wimbledon dial is different than the rhodium on just a regular rhodium dial. I know that sounds ridiculous but it’s the only way I can explain that brown grey on Wimbledon.

Cyrusthevirus

19/8/18
I'm following "ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market" has reached 158 pages and i came across this thread. totally confused now as people still quoting ARF is the best apart from DW otherwise would have been a super rep.... Yet RZF looks promising but no conclusion as to which one should i go for?

Not an expert, just want to avoid instant tell. surprisingly, my source in china says theres no RZF, is it RE factory?

Last edited:

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
I'm following "ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market" has reached 158 pages and i came across this thread. totally confused now as people still quoting ARF is the best apart from DW otherwise would have been a super rep.... Yet RZF looks promising but no conclusion as to which one should i go for?

Not an expert, just want to avoid instant tell. surprisingly, my source in china says theres no RZF, is it RE factory?

RE Factory (REF) is another maker and not good.
RZF seems to be good but the grey dial is too brown.
Maybe other colors are spot on and the date seems to be better than ARF. But we need to see direct comparison for that.

Genera74

29/12/14

If you're looking for a consensus of "what is the best version of xx" you will be in for a long wait. Most reps are better than others in certain aspects and fail in other. Key is to find the ones that you can live with.

I have 2 ARF watches and am fairly satisfied with them. The DW is definitely something can be improved. RZF I haven't got experienced

Watch_Addicted

Known Member
18/11/14
If you're looking for a consensus of "what is the best version of xx" you will be in for a long wait. Most reps are better than others in certain aspects and fail in other. Key is to find the ones that you can live with.

I have 2 ARF watches and am fairly satisfied with them. The DW is definitely something can be improved. RZF I haven't got experienced
yes but RZF fails are bigger than ARF fails or not ?

Inviato dal mio SM-G973F utilizzando Tapatalk

watchpit

🍌 go bananas 🍌
Certified
24/4/19
EU
Exactly my question.....and agree that reps will be reps and one has to accept with what one can live with....

Perfect summary is; all have flaws. If you want to the best as possible, you need to go gen.

Genera74

29/12/14
yes but RZF fails are bigger than ARF fails or not ?

Inviato dal mio SM-G973F utilizzando Tapatalk

How do you define "bigger" fails? Some disliked the ARF model because of the datewheel - I personally I can live with it; other than this, ARF watches are of excellent quality (again personal view). Someone mentioned in this thread (or another RZF thread) that RZF watches a bit light overall. So which fails you'd prefer is up to you.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
I have this model on the way, and will weigh it when it arrives for those concerned about how light it is. Will have Prof xtal when it arrives as well. I'm a little hesitant about the dial, but I'm overall excited and looking forward to how much the prof xtal might help.

Last edited:

kennyblack76

Known Member
1/12/18
I have this model on the way, and will weigh it when it arrives for those concerned about how light it is. Will have Prof xtal when it arrives as well. I'm a little hesitant about the dial, but I'm overall excited and looking forward to how much the prof xtal might help.

I’m very interested. Please keep us updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Dissemination, did you get your watch? What did you think of it?

I did not... to make a long story short, I get my watches from a modder and I actually changed my order. I am still considering the RZF Wimbledon tho, as it's possibly my favorite DJ41.

I have two Gen date wheels so for now I'm getting 2 ARF DJs, but they dont make a Wimbeldon :/ (Ps, ARF are generally considered the best for the DJ, but their font for the datewheel can be ridiculously bold. That's part of the reason I was gonna go with RZF. But now the gen date wheels will solve that issue, hence why I switched my order. I just mention this as a friendly heads up because I see that you just signed up :)

jkingiii

Gold Patron
Certified
15/10/19
Texas
Thanks for the info, I've looked at so many reps in the last few weeks they have all started looking alike. Where did you get your date wheels and if you don't mind telling how much? I've looked some up and they range from $250 to over a $k. I'm not afraid of making improvements.