• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex 126334 Datejust 41mm - RZF vs ARF vs BP vs DJF vs Noob

americanpsycho

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/19
I know a lot of people are looking at the Rolex 41mm DJ, so I wanted to start a thread comparing the top manufacturers.

Few things to call out with all manufacturers:
- Black and Gray dials are best quality and closest to gen
- Brushed SS bezel will be closer to gen than Fluted Bezel, as the Fluted Bezel is not White Gold as the gen

1. BP = bad SEL alignment, dates aren't centered, bad crown/stem/tube height, fluted bezel is not as good as other manufacturers. However, it is the cheapest options, and DW font is okay.
2. Noob = Also bad SEL alignment, overpriced for a 316l watch with a 2836-2 deco plate movement.
3. ARF = seems to be the best rep out there for this model, however the DW is a major tell and dealbreaker for many.
4. RZF = new version was just released a few weeks ago, and early reports are reporting solid build quality, but issues winding the watch - apparently the crown is too stiff, and watch may need servicing out of the box.
5. DJF = SEL/lugs have some gaps; dial and hands have green lume, incorrect for gen, the crystal's LEC is quite visible, cyclops doesn't have AR, poor gasket, poor bracelet, lug holes aren't aligned perfectly, rehaut isn't shiny like gen.

It seems as the best QUALITY rep out the box is the RZF and the ARF, whilst the BP offers solid bang for the buck.

If anyone else has any further feedback or pictures to add, it would be greatly appreciated for the entire community!

Watch_Addicted

Known Member
18/11/14
thank you for the review! so we need to compare mainly RZF with ARF to understand which is the best... in my opinion the only big problem of ARF is the date wheel, but i don't know the RZF defects...

Inviato dal mio SM-G973F utilizzando Tapatalk

mominn8266

Horology Curious
11/7/19
OP, thank you for creating this thread. I am also in the exact same place. Trying to decide between the reps for a Date just. I hope sincerely others who already own a variant will chime in this thread.

Reactions: Streetiq

ultrabeat22

22/7/17
I thought that the DW had been fixed on the ARF? The font certainly looks less bold than the first release of the rep

Rebornteo

Looking Around
29/4/16
ARF DW is not as thick as before but maybe slightly thicker if place beside a gen. it obvious. The printing on rolex on dial is abit thin(if place beside the gen). if this two thickest can be interchange it would be a perfect

Neo_one

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/3/19
Arf is also stiff winding out the box. Plus 2824 movement is a joke for a date just. Kind of wished I got a Noob.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Arf is also stiff winding out the box. Plus 2824 movement is a joke for a date just. Kind of wished I got a Noob.

Why are you saying that the a2824 is a joke?

To my knowledge Noob hasn't released a proper Datejust 41, so I'm curious to see who one you'd rather have ordered

Neo_one

Banned
19/3/19
Because the slow date turn at 10:30 is crap lol

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Because the slow date turn at 10:30 is crap lol

Right... did you know that a properly set 2824 would start changing date less than 30 min before midnight? Not such a big deal anymore don't you think? And if that's still not enough you can replace it by a 2836 that has the instant date change.

It's alright to say that you don't like the slow date change (or the incorrect stem height bye), but please don't make such bold statements for others to read.

And as I said, unless I'm mistaken Noob doesn't do a real Datejust 41, so I'm not sure which one you'd rather have bought

Neo_one

Banned
19/3/19
How do you properly set the date you change at 11:30?

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
The 2824 is the closest to a 3235, only the size and crown height differs.

I never seen one that starts at 2230, only seen in 7750 and 9015. The 2824s in my sd43 and ap starts changing arnd 2 to 3 mins before mn.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Noob's DJ41s are a joke for that price point.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tcc13c

Known Member
9/6/19
Right... did you know that a properly set 2824 would start changing date less than 30 min before midnight? Not such a big deal anymore don't you think? And if that's still not enough you can replace it by a 2836 that has the instant date change.

It's alright to say that you don't like the slow date change (or the incorrect stem height bye), but please don't make such bold statements for others to read.

And as I said, unless I'm mistaken Noob doesn't do a real Datejust 41, so I'm not sure which one you'd rather have bought

Is the 2836 directly swappable with the 2824 clone?

Reactions: Bigal23

Fulcanelli

Known Member
7/7/19
EU
Good thread. I have an ARF rhodium on order. I’ll update here when it arrives. The DW isn’t a deal breaker for me yet but I have seen successful mods using gen DW’s that look great. I may go down that road at some point.

We need some more reviews of the RZF. I’d also like to know how the lume on each compares.

Watch_Addicted

Known Member
18/11/14
in another thread i have seen that a user says that in the RZF the date snaps instantaneously just after midnight... but how it is possible if the rzf has the same movemente, 2824 ?
in my opinion we have to understand if the rzf has problems biggers than arf (such as dw bold or others)

Inviato dal mio SM-G973F utilizzando Tapatalk

watchpit

🍌 go bananas 🍌
Certified
24/4/19
EU
I am really curious about the RZF will position against all the others. Looking forward to an picturail review.

americanpsycho

30/6/19
I am really curious about the RZF will position against all the others. Looking forward to an picturail review.

watchpit Watch_Addicted Fulcanelli - a review on the RZF was posted here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/7983592-rzf-datejust-41-wimbledon/page2

Based on the review, pictures, and video, I do not see any compelling reason to go for an ARF over the RZF (unless someone else can chime in and offer tells not noticable to us).

RZF:
- Perfect DW, not too bold unlike ARF
- SELs look tight
- Bezel looks like the right size
- Date changes over at MIDNIGHT unlike ARF
- It is about $100 cheaper than the ARF

I think this RZF may officially be a super rep NWBIG.