• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMT Master II help with buying (new member)

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Hi all,

I'm a new member and looking around I found several threads where my first post might go and decided this probably is the right one (feel free to moderate or move).

I'm new into to the rep world and recently purchased a used GMT Master II Batman rep (I think it might be the higher end rep but a really early model). After nearly a week with my GMT rep I like it so much I don't even want to wear my Omega Seamaster 300 gen (Quartz, the one Pierce Bresnon had in Goldeneye) and decided I'm going to buy a new higher end Batman rep. I have read some threads about them here and began to understand the rep world a bit better in general so decided to ask you guys for help for getting one. I've studied my rep and this forum to the point I think I am able to point out every little flaw my current GMT rep has (blue to black transitions at 6 and 18 markers and etc).

Here is where you guys maybe can come in and help:

- I read here that you should prefer a rep that has a known movement so you can buy a new one if something happens to it. How about this, is it important and should I ask about the movement? Some shops say only Asian movement etc. Even if I need to change it what are the chances a random watch smith has the tools to open a Rolex (gen or rep I think it needs the same tool).
- Point me to a web shop you recommend I should buy my GMT II (puretime01.co is one I found here that was discussed about). I'm in Europe so it would be a big plus if its shipped from Europe (avoids customs duties and not even sure how customs reacts to replicas).
- Point me to a model (factory) that you think is the best GMT II Batman rep, would be perfect it it comes with a link to the shop.
- Lastly if any of you has a good GMT II Batman rep that you're willing to sell I would definitely consider it.

I hope I got it all down now and you are able to help me with getting a good GMT II Batman rep and welcoming me to this new interesting hobby.

-Kalev

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
For a Trusted dealer with Europe based stick you can reach out to Sead. Look him up in the TD section.

For the batman there are several choices, such as the ones from Noob, GMF and BP. There are threads on these watches so take the time to read them to understand which ones works best for you. There is no absolute truth.

Reactions: KJ2020

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
af_newbie, Tobel,

Thanks for your replies and advice.

I took a look at both of these shops and will reach out to Sead as well to see wether he has Batman in is EU stock.

I will also check the threads about the Noob, GMF and BP versions to learn more about them and to see which one I should go ahead with.

Let the journey begin.

Reactions: Tobel

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
af_newbie, Tobel,

Thanks again for your help, I ended up getting the quite expensive Noob GMT II model (correct hand stack and yeah I know about the movement issues), I was lucky and managed to get it M2M as brand new in plastic.

Tobel special thanks for pointing out Sead and his EU stock, I managed to get a Noob Yachtmaster from his EU stock. It was basically the last watch he had in stock and luckily the one I was after as well. It's a perfect watch for summer time.

IMG-0933.jpg

IMG-0932.jpg

Tobel

6/7/17
Congrats mate, looks like you're a happy man :)

thrillofhunt

Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
How is the Noob Batman as a first watch? How is the movement?
Noob is great. But their insert colour is wrong. And there is an obvious line at 6 and 18 on the bezel.

If you cant accept that, go with GMF.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19

Yes as said Noob has the speed bumps between 6 and 18 on the bezel, in direct sunlight when looking directly top down they are very visible. On another lighting setting or in sunlight from another angles not seen at all but yes once you see them you will always notice them on your own watch.

Noob Batman otherwise is great, I was hunting it down as my first decent rep (sold a gen Seamaster Quartz to make funds for some good reps). The CHS (correct hand stack) movement as I've read here is quite delicate but there is a good thread here how to set time (hour and gmt hand) so you won't brake it. It winds great, bezel movement is great has a nice feel. Not sure how the non CHS movements works as a GMT watch but for me it was important it works as genuine as I work a lot with US and China (I'm based in EU) so depending on things I have the GMT hand set on Shanghai or Chicago local time and I use it as it should be used - a tool watch (I need to constantly know when the working days begin and end in these regions so I know what and when needs to be done).

Basically for first watch I would recommend it, it's a great allrounder and looks amazing. If CHS is not important for you go with the non CHS movement for reliability.

Can't add images here so I will post them with my next post.

Last edited:

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Couple of more shots of the beauties, the Rosegold Yachtmaster with Oysterflex looks and feels really good on beach.

Don't know if I got lucky but the Noob rehauts are aligned really spot on (pics with phone so not that good).

IMG-0971.jpg

IMG-0950.jpg

IMG-0958.jpg

IMG-0964.jpg

Last edited:

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19

Forgot to add that if you go ahead definitely go with the 904L / Osytersteel version watch as the case and bracelet material, it's extra shiny and looks really good.