• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Old Explorer II 16570

MRB123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/7/19
Did you ever find one that was good? Really like the look of these. My dad gave me a cartel one of these with black dial that he got in NYC. Really like it and don’t want to have to flip a few of my pieces to get a gen.

JayRooster

Horology Curious
13/3/18
Less than a month ago Ryan from InTime said that he is able to obtain one. So he may be your best bet. I've bought 2 from him and couldn't possibly be happier with his communication and speed. Outstanding.

MRB123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/7/19
I’ve bought a couple from him in the past. Even shipped to China from the US for a warranty claim on a CHS GMT Master. He was super fast about fixing it up for me, and it’s worked great ever since.

What was the brand of the rep that you got? Is it pretty well done? I’d love to see some pics if you’ve got them!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I’ve bought a couple from him in the past. Even shipped to China from the US for a warranty claim on a CHS GMT Master. He was super fast about fixing it up for me, and it’s worked great ever since.

What was the brand of the rep that you got? Is it pretty well done? I’d love to see some pics if you’ve got them!

BP was the factory making the last good version of this rep. The new offerings from LF shown on TSWatch are poor quality. Look closely at the bezels. Also on the white one the hands and hour markers are silver, should be black. If any TD can get a BP now, it would certainly have the hatchet job on the SELs as BP's entire final batch was that way. The watch head is good, but the bracelet will need to be replaced. Also finding a bracelet that will fit will be quite difficult as the springbar detents are located futher back away from the case than normal. That's why they needed to do the hatchet job in the first place.

One of these just sold yesterday on M2M.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...6125-for-sale-bp-rolex-explorer-2-16570-polar

First two pics are how I received the watch. My bad for not picking it up on QC, although a sticker covered one SEL and the other was on an angle designed to minimize the bad appearance.

a-15402470913240.jpg

b-15402471844670.jpg

Pic with a replacement bracelet

Yhmo2.jpg

indyberetta

Renowned Member
16/6/07
Houston, Texas USA
The predecessor to the 16570 was the 16550- it came out in the 80s after the 1655. It did have silver hands and the same white Explorer II dial which was prone to turning to cream color. Those had the 3075 movement in them, were on a 93150 bracelet and are pretty pricey these days. Alas, I doubt you can find a rep of that watch either. It's a fine watch and I'd love to have a rep of it, but they're gone.

Actually most cream dial 16550 were on a 78360 not a 93150. I am the original owner of a 16550 cream dial. I thought you had seen my watch Mack at one of the Houston GTG years back. It also has a 3085.

MBW had a 16550 rep back about 20 years ago. I had one I bought directly from Maria. It also had a cream dial and he also had a black dial version of it.

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
Actually most cream dial 16550 were on a 78360 not a 93150. I am the original owner of a 16550 cream dial. I thought you had seen my watch Mack at one of the Houston GTG years back. It also has a 3085.
MBW had a 16550 rep back about 20 years ago. I had one I bought directly from Maria. It also had a cream dial and he also had a black dial version of it.
Don't remember the 16550 M. I do remember the gold Daytona that you had. MBW made some fine watches, but alas he's gone. Lots of changes to this hobby in the last 15-20 years! Like the classics that are no longer made because the Mfrs have moved on to the newer models

Reactions: indyberetta

bonco

Renowned Member
15/3/15
Italy
The LF version from TSwatch is not terrible, you can just change or paint hands and hour marker, and you will have a very good watch!

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
Hello fellow 16570 lovers,

after reading upon some Rolex product history the reference 16570 put some glimpse of explorative (;D) energy into my already Rolex-confused mind.

A sportswatch that is eagerly a tool watch, carries the crown but yet somehow disappears in the eyes of the unintentional observer - the reference 16570 would be the choice as it is large enough for normal sized wrists like mine (7.25inch) without looking like a wall clock (I point at you reference 216570!) and definately to be distinguished by a more compact 34-36mm dress watch that is better worn under the cuffs of your shirt and suit.

So here is the question again in the year 2020 with somehow TDs being sold out? Is this version from Silix any good?

http://www.silix-prime.es/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=115_158_221&products_id=1880

I can already spot some flaws in the detail work of the bezel etc. but is this currently the only "new" option besides going M2M?

KR,
TheController

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Certified
24/2/19
Hello fellow 16570 lovers,

after reading upon some Rolex product history the reference 16570 put some glimpse of explorative (;D) energy into my already Rolex-confused mind.

A sportswatch that is eagerly a tool watch, carries the crown but yet somehow disappears in the eyes of the unintentional observer - the reference 16570 would be the choice as it is large enough for normal sized wrists like mine (7.25inch) without looking like a wall clock (I point at you reference 216570!) and definately to be distinguished by a more compact 34-36mm dress watch that is better worn under the cuffs of your shirt and suit.

So here is the question again in the year 2020 with somehow TDs being sold out? Is this version from Silix any good?

http://www.silix-prime.es/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=115_158_221&products_id=1880

I can already spot some flaws in the detail work of the bezel etc. but is this currently the only "new" option besides going M2M?

KR,
TheController

Silix has a few models in stock, you can ask him via email, las time I asked him confirmed cream dials were out of stock.

About the size of the watch it’s just perfect.

Get one you won’t regret it !

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
Silix has a few models in stock, you can ask him via email, las time I asked him confirmed cream dials were out of stock.

About the size of the watch it’s just perfect.

Get one you won’t regret it !

Ah good to know that Silix has the black dials on stock - also weird that no other dealer has them? The pictures on silix website do not look as nice as the BP version KJ2020 posted (or maybe I am wrong)

I also messaged Toro because the white dial version is still showing on the website.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Silix pics are ancient, probably 5 years old or more.

LF still makes these but the quality isn't great and the date window is in the ETA position (not moved 1mm left to the Rolex position).

Non-TD

https://www.ts-stations.cn/mobile/products.php?CateId=157

The last mainstream factory to make these was BP and the lug detents were drilled too far away from the case. This made the SELs stick out past the lugs so BP's solution was to hack off the SEL protrusion in a one chop hatchet job. I've seen so many of these. It's very hard to find a better fitting bracelet.

If any TD (including Silix) can still get one of these, it's going to be a leftover BP or an LF.

a-15402470913240.jpg

b-15402471844670.jpg

15729276317496.jpg

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
Silix pics are ancient, probably 5 years old or more.

LF still makes these but the quality isn't great and the date window is in the ETA position (not moved 1mm left to the Rolex position).

Non-TD

https://www.ts-stations.cn/mobile/products.php?CateId=157

The last mainstream factory to make these was BP and the lug detents were drilled too far away from the case. This made the SELs stick out past the lugs so BP's solution was to hack off the SEL protrusion in a one chop hatchet job. I've seen so many of these. It's very hard to find a better fitting bracelet.

If any TD (including Silix) can still get one of these, it's going to be a leftover BP or an LF.

a-15402470913240.jpg

b-15402471844670.jpg

15729276317496.jpg

Thank you very much for jumping in. I read the comment and emailed a couple of TDs regarding a 16570 replica. Watchfinder already replied to me and sent me this snapshot and stated that it was BP. The description was also to be 42mm (which I now questioned back since it should be only 40mm...)

LINK

Also regarding the BP flaw of the lug holes and then the endlinks mod - this is a photo of a gen 16570 and it looks the same to me (or am I completely wrong here?): LINK

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I'm not sure you are seeing the SEL deformities in the first two of my pics. See the dark shadow areas immediately inside the lugs? That's missing material there - sloppily chopped off. It's nothing like the gen pic you linked, which has a little bit of SEL gap to the lugs which allows you to see the springbars. The BP springbars that you cannot see are set further away (too far) from the case.

The 3rd pic from mine above is with a proper bracelet replacement.

Regarding the one from Watchfinder, you could give it a try. It can't be much worse than this one from DHGATE which has a 5 digit style dial font but 6 digit markers and a 42mm case.

ulSkD.jpg

Or just give up and make some crazy fantasy watch like this, haha.

ulGOY.jpg

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
I'm not sure you are seeing the SEL deformities in the first two of my pics. See the dark shadow areas immediately inside the lugs? That's missing material there - sloppily chopped off. It's nothing like the gen pic you linked, which has a little bit of SEL gap to the lugs which allows you to see the springbars. The BP springbars that you cannot see are set further away (too far) from the case.

The 3rd pic from mine above is with a proper bracelet replacement.

Regarding the one from Watchfinder, you could give it a try. It can't be much worse than this one from DHGATE which has a 5 digit style dial font but 6 digit markers and a 42mm case.

ulSkD.jpg

Or just give up and make some crazy fantasy watch like this, haha.

ulGOY.jpg

Ah thank you for pointing that it, now I know what you meant - how did you solve it? Which replacement bracelet did you source or did you have to mod the replacement bracelet as well?

P.s.: The DHgate is.. lets say special haha I think even the fantasy watch looks more gen than the DHgate rep :D

Reactions: KJ2020