• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just got my VRF 116610 Hulk Sub .... WTF

BlakeDrinkHard

Known Member
6/5/19
Just got my Hulk VRF 116610 VR3135 today... so I can say I'm impressed with 95% of the watch. Good weight, look and function....but WTF....the clasp and glidelock quality is that of a $50 replica you buy from Jamal on the street corner in NYC. The dugout doesnt have an edge or deep to get a fingernail in it. Looks like they took a screwdriver and just bent the metal. I need a new clasp to make this complete to my tasting...who has the best clasp and where can I get one?

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
Just got my Hulk VRF 116610 VR3135 today... so I can say I'm impressed with 95% of the watch. Good weight, look and function....but WTF....the clasp and glidelock quality is that of a $50 replica you buy from Jamal on the street corner in NYC. The dugout doesnt have an edge or deep to get a fingernail in it. Looks like they took a screwdriver and just bent the metal. I need a new clasp to make this complete to my tasting...who has the best clasp and where can I get one?

Which TD did you order it?

BlakeDrinkHard

Known Member
6/5/19
I got it from intime.....the QC photos looked great, the clasp was in question but looked more to do with the lighting

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Send pics to TD and let him know about the issue. See if he will send a replacement clasp.

Any TD can source a clasp. ARF is widely regarded as making the best clasps. Sometimes ARF parts are not able to be sourced.

applestooranges

Known Member
18/7/18
Maybe you got a lemon (or i got lucky), but the glidelock on mine is pretty on par with the Noob clasps i have gotten in the past.

BlakeDrinkHard

Known Member
6/5/19
Yea, like I said ....the rest of the watch is great. I have a noob v7 and the clasp is 10x better. Plus I'm not one to push a TD when I approved the QC photos. That's on me, that's why I'm just going to try and find a clasp or have to buy a full arf or noob bracelet with the clasp. I'll post a photo later today, let me know what your opinion is

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
I‘ve got a VRF Max Hulk from Intime, too. After some refinement the clasp is definitely on par with an ARF clasp.
Please post pics.

Greets Andi

VaderTime

9/10/17
Go ARF bracelet and clasp. My franken build will go that route.

BlakeDrinkHard

Known Member
6/5/19
Smpfan what refinement did you do to the clasp? Is there any way to make the dugout deeper and more pronounced like the gen

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
The dugout is mashined. It‘s nearly impossible to deepen it without a milling mashine. Doing it by hand won‘t look like gen. But luckily my VRF clasp has a correct dugout.

I disassembled the whole clasp to every single part. All parts have been deburred, rebrushed and/or polished. The outer parts are slightly rounded now as per gen.

The clasp works as fine as my ARF SD43 clasp. It has got smaller gaps between the parts than ARF‘s clasp. The glidelock extension clicks much stronger than ARF‘s and never gets loose.

I like both clasps but the look of VRF‘s is a bit more gen like now.

Greets Andi