• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tells on Franken 116520 Noob

Nobody69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/2/19
Hi guys, I was curious if a noob 116520 with gen dial and bezel is an easy tell on wrist and perhaps in hand or in pictures? What are the current tells on the case itself? is the bracelet an easy giveaway?

I am jw if it is a safe combo to wear to a local watch meetup. Sometimes people take pictures and inspect the watches in hand, however if it will not pass in hand I could just say I don’t want to take it off.

if the bracelet is an easy giveaway, id prob change out for a leather strap

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Hi guys, I was curious if a noob 116520 with gen dial and bezel is an easy tell on wrist and perhaps in hand or in pictures? What are the current tells on the case itself? is the bracelet an easy giveaway?

I am jw if it is a safe combo to wear to a local watch meetup. Sometimes people take pictures and inspect the watches in hand, however if it will not pass in hand I could just say I don’t want to take it off.

if the bracelet is an easy giveaway, id prob change out for a leather strap

I'm pretty much able to fool an AD (and have on many occasions) with my Noob 116520. Keep your hands in your pockets like you are playing pocket pool. That usually makes those around you uncomfortable and they won't look too hard at your hands or watch. I don't even have a gen dial or bezel. I live pretty dangerously but so far I have never been busted. Good luck.

Reactions: KJ2020 and phdsjain

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
I have heard people are overreacting with gen dials, bezels or even bracelets. The biggest tell can be a case! Just make sure you got a nice symmetrical case.