• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Hulk vs Noob vs Vrf

ussdassein

USD Plating
Supporting Vendor
19/2/16
Here we have a nice green shade and lighting battle

The position is not always the same to confuse you a little bit more ;)

I think you will see the gen (if not you can be very happy with your insert) :)

You will see gen a noob v6s or v7 (not know exactly) and a new vrf

Btw. Bouth reps have become plating and edges mod ;)

Now have fun with the pics and hope you like it :)

VsJCfa.jpg

VsJRby.jpg

VsJ0jG.jpg

VsJk0q.jpg

VsJxA6.jpg

VsJGl0.jpg

VsJwbF.jpg

VsJljr.jpg

VsJgMI.jpg

VsJFAo.jpg

VsJYlL.jpg

VsJdvK.jpg

VsJqqe.jpg

VsJOMT.jpg

VsJtAA.jpg

VsJa8Q.jpg

VsJ5vf.jpg

VsJBqX.jpg

VsQZep.jpg

VsQ6Bs.jpg

VsQW8h.jpg

VsQbyD.jpg

Reactions: mich.bal and Itto

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Nice!
i'm throwing my aftermarket insert in the mix for comparison purposes:

VsCUsX.jpg

VsCJOf.jpg

VsCnZp.jpg

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
This is great, thanks OP. It makes me realize that my insert isn't as far away from Gen as I first thought. In fact, in a lot of lighting situations, even the noob doesn't look too bad! The VRF is a lot closer and only loses out to Gen in a select few lighting conditions and even then the difference isn't massive. Great stuff.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Noob pearl is ugly! VRF isn’t much better. Insert colour is closer than what I previously thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Man this is f*** awesome!!!!
and your v6s / v7 is a dream. If someone likes to sell v6s, I would take it. Unfortunately the v6s one which is currently for sale doesn’t look like your apple green one... Will also share some aftermarket shots (installed) next to a Noob v9.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I know that in real life the hulk insert looks nothing like it does in a photograph.

Reactions: phdsjain

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
I know that in real life the hulk insert looks nothing like it does in a photograph.

Which one do you mean?
Yes true, very hard to capture all the „greens“

„Time doesn‘t exist. Clocks exist.“

Scoobiedooo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/3/19
Uk

You're so right, I was looking at a gen in a grey dealers shop yesterday. I didn't have my rep on to compare but the way the gen looks in real life is something you cant really expose on a pic.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
It is incredible how close, or how off, the colours look like depending on the lighting condition.
Thanks for sharing.

I assume gen has a mark between 1-3 and noob has a crack?

HansNfranZZZ

4/3/16
My vrf max doesn’t look that vibrant in strong light as yours does next to the gen with its lime green appearance.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
You're so right, I was looking at a gen in a grey dealers shop yesterday. I didn't have my rep on to compare but the way the gen looks in real life is something you cant really expose on a pic.

Yup. The original is ‘out of gamut’ for even a good camera sensor. Any extreme reds, oranges, greens and blues will have the same problem.

The result is that even different greens will flatten out and look similar in a picture.

So the photo comparisons for this insert mean zero. Anyone who has seen, or owned a gen Hulk will say the same.

Reactions: phdsjain

Scoobiedooo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/3/19
Uk
I noticed that evev looking at the gen from acute angles the insert remained vibrant, totally different to any rep I've seen.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Yup. The original is ‘out of gamut’ for even a good camera sensor. Any extreme reds, oranges, greens and blues will have the same problem.

The result is that even different greens will flatten out and look similar in a picture.

So the photo comparisons for this insert mean zero. Anyone who has seen, or owned a gen Hulk will say the same.

Sorry to necroquote, but a year or so on from this discussion, I'm wondering is there a Hulk insert that got close to Gen in your opinion? I've never seen a Hulk in the wild so don't know how they compare. I'm probably going to grab the best of the new LVs which I'm guessing will be the new VSF, ZF or ZZF, but how close did the best of last year's inserts get to the real deal?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Sorry to necroquote, but a year or so on from this discussion, I'm wondering is there a Hulk insert that got close to Gen in your opinion? I've never seen a Hulk in the wild so don't know how they compare. I'm probably going to grab the best of the new LVs which I'm guessing will be the new VSF, ZF or ZZF, but how close did the best of last year's inserts get to the real deal?

Honestly, no - there still isn’t a good rep LV insert. Under halogens or sunlight, the gen has an insanely rich emerald green metallic shimmer. I don’t own a ZZF, but I have seen them because I ordered some for friends. They don’t have the same richness or ‘character‘ - they are a dull, flat, monotone affair.

I know they look the same in a photograph, but blues, greens and reds actually photograph really badly. Like trying to photograph a beautiful sunset - the result never matches reality. They look the same on an image because the colours are ‘crushed’ to fit into sRGB - quite misleading.

I wouldn’t wear a current LV rep - just too different IMO.

But if you like it then go for it - it’s why we’re here. (+ we both have the GMT 6542 - and that’s way less convincing!)

Last edited:
Reactions: GingerBubba

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Honestly, no - there still isn’t a good rep LV insert. Under halogens or sunlight, the gen has an insanely rich emerald green metallic shimmer. I don’t own a ZZF, but I have seen them because I ordered some for friends. They don’t have the same richness or ‘character‘ - they are a dull, flat, monotone affair.

I know they look the same in a photograph, but blues, greens and reds actually photograph really badly. Like trying to photograph a beautiful sunset - the result never matches reality. They look the same on an image because the colours are ‘crushed’ to fit into sRGB - quite misleading.

I wouldn’t wear a current LV rep - just too different IMO.

But if you like it then go for it - it’s why we’re here. (+ we both have the GMT 6542 - and that’s way less convincing!)

You are correct under artificial led or flourescent light or overcast the zzf v2s looks great but hit it with direct sunlight and it is quite flat and dull. Still a watch i enjoy wearing