• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF BLRO Ceramic Pepsi gen vs rep

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
OK, this was received earlier this week and I've had time to take a few pics.

Details of the rehaut (was bad early on but now seems fixed)
Bezel join - still bad - you need a good TD to pick you a good one like this.
And how it looks in shade, normal and bright sunlight.

r0se9j.jpg

r0se9j.jpg

11gppqb.jpg

e81lco.jpg

2z7fne8.jpg

2w5ps94.jpg

2 things to note - in my opinion.

CHS / ICHS - are you kidding me? You can't even see this even on the wrist unless the GMT and hour hands are crossing - once a day.

Colour accuracy. There are 2 versions of the gen bezel - April / October 2018 was lighter and it appears this is what GMF used to base this on. Some internet pics of this V1 below.

6s41nc.jpg

20fx4x0.jpg

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
The rehaut issues are at 9 o'clock

They're off by about 1/3rd of a character width - same as you see above @ 11.

Arguably the least noticeable thing on a rep - did ARF even fix it on their sub?

I'm not saying its perfect, it is what it is.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I still for the life of me don't get why the factories can't acknowledge the fact that the numbers in the insert should be fatter. This would make a big difference.

greenwrist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/19
I got my GMF Pepsi with a blue face from Trusytime today. From placing the order on June 26 and receiving it on July 8th not bad. Ill second what others have said about the bezel colors, they look like the earlier Rolex Pepsi ceramic. No lines between the red and blue bezel joint. Funny thing is when you take a picture of it, the bezel colors really pop red and blue.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I got my GMF Pepsi with a blue face from Trusytime today. From placing the order on June 26 and receiving it on July 8th not bad. Ill second what others have said about the bezel colors, they look like the earlier Rolex Pepsi ceramic. No lines between the red and blue bezel joint. Funny thing is when you take a picture of it, the bezel colors really pop red and blue.

Post some pics!

Reactions: guru

greenwrist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/19
Me is an old man who doesnt want to get chastised for using a potato for a camera haha. Ill figure it out in a few days, just dont want to use my normal hosting account for obvious reasons.

Thinking about getting a DJF ceramic bezel for comparing purposes.

Last edited:

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Guys color is off. When you compare gen MK1 Pepsi in bright light to gmf Pepsi in half light it is close but when you look at MK1 gen in bright light it’s not even close.
gmf blue is way too saturated in bright light - it’s “Superman” blue.

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
So just saw a GM V3 on chinanoobwatch?? Same as gmf? Looks like bezel color is darker but same white line issues at 6 and 18?

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Is there a more active Pepsi sub? Why are people so active with the batman but not the Pepsi?

Deeboo

Known Member
26/7/19
Can anyone explain the pros and cons with the CHS and ICHS on the pepsi? Been searching all over but no explanation anywhere. I know GMF sells the CHS which is supposed to be the best available. I believe the ichs has the 2836-2 and the chs has the a3186 but i dont know what the difference is. Thank you!

Deeboo

Known Member
26/7/19
I want the most reliable movement that can be easily serviced. Hence i asked which is better above. Thanks!!

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Can anyone explain the pros and cons with the CHS and ICHS on the pepsi? Been searching all over but no explanation anywhere. I know GMF sells the CHS which is supposed to be the best available. I believe the ichs has the 2836-2 and the chs has the a3186 but i dont know what the difference is. Thank you!

Man you have created this post and 2 threads to ask the same question. One is enough. You got your answer in one of your threads now

Duc

I'm Pretty Popular
26/10/11
NYC
How do we feel about the white line in the 6 and how sunken in the insert is on this piece? Worth asking for a replacement to try and get better example?