• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF BLRO Ceramic Pepsi gen vs rep

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Theres a Coke on Jubilee as well. It looks nice. Fantasy i know, but nice... Wondering if I should change my order...

Redheart

17/5/19
well QC'd GMF is ok I think
DJ bezel is one piece?
GM bezel is two piece and it's kind of a bummer... Still liking it because there nothing really 1:1 at the moment!
48074819458_da2f497a23_b.jpg

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
well QC'd GMF is ok I think
DJ bezel is one piece?
GM bezel is two piece and it's kind of a bummer... Still liking it because there nothing really 1:1 at the moment!
48074819458_da2f497a23_b.jpg

Yes, this is correct. Good QC eliminates the problem.

I think the colours on the GMF are slightly better, the insert numbers also have a metallic quality which the DJF insert does not.
Also the DJF can have an overlap of pigment, giving a dark stripe at the transition, which looks just as bad as a white line.
So QC required on that one as well...

Reactions: KJ2020

cmflynn

Horology Curious
26/12/18
Is there any particular reason the GMF is better overall than the DJF? I was all set to order the GMF BLNR, but the prospect of actually having a one piece bezel is making me give the DJF a good look. Is the BLNR a one piece bezel, or is it just the Pepsi? Also, are the one pieces only coming on the new CHS models, or are the on the ICHS ones as well?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Oh so the DJF is a one piece ceramic that is pigmented in two half? Interesting..
Above was a full frame DSLR with a macro 50mm lens.
Below is my phone with a high grade loupe apochromatic to see the micro gap at 6' and 18'

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gfeUZ4]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gffesn]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gfeVYf]

That's one of the best rep Pepsi inserts I've seen, the colors are better than DJF. I wouldn't change a thing. If they could only make more like this one, many of them are rejects.

Redheart

17/5/19
Yep my TD got 4 of them and chose this one as the best insert wise. Some were really ugly me thinks...

Still the bezel action is far from satisfactory, and it has play!

greenwrist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/19
Thanks for all the back and forth pics. It looks like Ill pick up a blue face DJF as it checks all the right boxes for me. I guess i'll find out if Trustytime is experiencing all the same 'duck and cover' issues like some of the other vendors over there are.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Thanks for all the back and forth pics. It looks like Ill pick up a blue face DJF as it checks all the right boxes for me. I guess i'll find out if Trustytime is experiencing all the same 'duck and cover' issues like some of the other vendors over there are.

You know that trusty is not a trusted dealer here? So if you have any issue you're on your own

greenwrist

28/6/19
You know that trusty is not a trusted dealer here? So if you have any issue you're on your own

I knew they werent a trusted dealer, now I know why after more research. Any other leads since Intime and puretime is dark?

Tobel

6/7/17
I knew they werent a trusted dealer, now I know why after more research. Any other leads since Intime and puretime is dark?

Sorry if I missed something but what do you mean they're dark? What exactly did you ask them and what did they tell you?

Just speculating here, so apologies if I'm mistaken, but if you reached out to a TD whom you don't have a good relationship with to buy just a part, you're not likely to get it. Sourcing parts is annoying for them and they don't make a lot of money out of it. So if you're looking for just an insert - and provided the factory actually sells them.separately, which is not always the case - you will have more chances if you've bought multiple watches from your TD, and if you ask for the part along with buying a watch.

Reactions: KJ2020

greenwrist

28/6/19
Sorry if I missed something but what do you mean they're dark? What exactly did you ask them and what did they tell you?

Just speculating here, so apologies if I'm mistaken, but if you reached out to a TD whom you don't have a good relationship with to buy just a part, you're not likely to get it. Sourcing parts is annoying for them and they don't make a lot of money out of it. So if you're looking for just an insert - and provided the factory actually sells them.separately, which is not always the case - you will have more chances if you've bought multiple watches from your TD, and if you ask for the part along with buying a watch.

I reached out to Ryan at Intime via his email about the watch in this thread (no parts). Got an automated response saying in part, 'keeping a low profile' etc. What I asked is 'do you have this in stock.....'. You know, the basics to start a normal purchase.

Tobel

6/7/17
I reached out to Ryan at Intime via his email about the watch in this thread (no parts). Got an automated response saying in part, 'keeping a low profile' etc. What I asked is 'do you have this in stock.....'. You know, the basics to start a normal purchase.

Oh right, then it may be because of the raids.