• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen rolex from USA and Export

Cranberry2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/19
Hey all,
i got some queetion.

iam from Germany and Iam 2-3 Times in the year in the USA for work.

i Wonder how much is the Price for a gen gmt 2 or sub Date.

are here some know greytraders?

and has someone experience with export? Or send box and papers later with postal? Maybe to different country?

And how is the price difference between USA and Germany?

thank you

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
You can use chrono24 and filter by location (country) to give you an idea of prices in the US. Then either you order from them or you use it as a price reference to buy locally when you travel there. You can always go back to Germany with the watch on your wrist and the papers in your luggage, while shipping the box to yourself in Germany with no insurance for cheap. That will prevent customs questions about the box if you get controlled

Cranberry2

31/3/19
Thank you for the quick answers.

I looked at Chrono24 once and the prices are identical to those from Germany.

Are they displayed differently? ( more expensive )

I was hoping to find a grey dealer to get the watch as close to the lists as possible.

Is there any other way to sign up for a waiting list? To get the better price?

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
Thank you for the quick answers.

I looked at Chrono24 once and the prices are identical to those from Germany.

Are they displayed differently? ( more expensive )

I was hoping to find a grey dealer to get the watch as close to the lists as possible.

Is there any other way to sign up for a waiting list? To get the better price?

There are some grey dealers over on the Rolex Forums. They have a trusted dealers list or you can go into the for sale section and look at the guys who are frequently posting watches for sale. They often have brand new in box pieces, like new in box, or pre-owned. If you are frequently traveling here to the States, you could email a couple of them and explain which models you are looking for and ask them to keep your name on their list for the next time you are here. Then over the course of the year you have 1 or 2 or 3 dealers all looking for watches for you. Then, depending on how long your trips to the States are, maybe you can even coordinate the purchase so that your watch is Fedexed overnight to your hotel while you are staying here. You will save yourself the sales tax when buying from these guys, too. Then do what other people suggested above - wear your watch, pack your papers in your luggage, and ship the box home with no insurance value.:)

Cranberry2

31/3/19
There are some grey dealers over on the Rolex Forums. They have a trusted dealers list or you can go into the for sale section and look at the guys who are frequently posting watches for sale. They often have brand new in box pieces, like new in box, or pre-owned. If you are frequently traveling here to the States, you could email a couple of them and explain which models you are looking for and ask them to keep your name on their list for the next time you are here. Then over the course of the year you have 1 or 2 or 3 dealers all looking for watches for you. Then, depending on how long your trips to the States are, maybe you can even coordinate the purchase so that your watch is Fedexed overnight to your hotel while you are staying here. You will save yourself the sales tax when buying from these guys, too. Then do what other people suggested above - wear your watch, pack your papers in your luggage, and ship the box home with no insurance value.:)

thank you :)
sounds like a great plan ^^

i will check the forum out :D

Reactions: Mendota

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
TRF dealers for sure. Have you tried jomashop online too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cranberry2

31/3/19
TRF dealers for sure. Have you tried jomashop online too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not yet I will check up some for price and ask around if someone knows there someone ^^
wanna try to get it for so low how I can get...