• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex shopping in Japan

naturaqua

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/7/18
Thanks for sharing! I've seen other videos and pictures, there are some really special rolex-watches in Japan...

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
How are the prices ? Japan is a different but cool country! Enjoy.

MrLux

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/3/19
Great video - really enjoyed it, but kept pausing to translate Yen to pounds!
How lucky to be in Japan too - but to find your way around there, I know, is a pretty difficult task in itself!

2many2choose

Known Member
17/8/16
Good video! You see so many rolexes and also any models you cannot find at the AD. Brings up why Rolex sports model are so hard to find. The perception in Hong Kong is Japanese collectors are driving the prices up buying up the stocks. But then also Hong Kong is to blame, the AD unofficially sell to the grey market to make a profit.

Johnny_Ridden

Less is More
10/12/18
All honesty, I would be a little careful buying gens in Japan.

I actually happen to live in Nakano so I often check out the grey market stores.

They do have nice unique pieces at quite reasonable prices, but I would be a little weary about the pieces in the movement.

Why?

Answer is simple. I wouldn’t buy a watch from there unless I first confirm that the watch is still covered by factory warranty; Meaning the watch has only ever been serviced at licenses dealers.

There are many talented watch makers here that do work on gen watches when they need servicing/repairing and when they do make replacement parts, they aren’t always of swiss eta quality pieces. Many people here use these watchsmiths just thinking they are saving a boatload on both time and money to have thier watches fixed/serviced.

Call me paranoid, but if I am shelling $20,000+ on a watch, I’d like to know that every part in the watch is genuinely from the original factory.

poinds

17/4/17
I"m going to be spending a one day layover in Narita in a month. Any good watch shopping at Narita airport?

Johnny_Ridden

Less is More
10/12/18
If you’ve got 24 hours and you don’t need a VISA to roam the city, I’d suggest taking the Narita express to Nippori, then switch to the local train lines to get to Nakano from Narita in around 2 hours, maybe less. Theres not much except AD’s at Narita Airport.

Reactions: KJ2020 and poinds

MrLux

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/3/19
Where is the vintage watch district, if there is such a thing, in New York?

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Interesting tour of Nakano Rolex shopping, lots of eye candy.

Im a subscriber to his channel not only is this video good and shows us plenty rolex candy (as his others) he's an interesting character lol

Reactions: KJ2020

Nensypower

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/7/20
I bought a watch, they said that they were real branded ones, with them on their label there was a small text, which I then translated into English and realized that it was a high-quality fake. But I was not upset because the watch turned out to be of really high quality.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Why would I buy Rolex in Japan? Instead get a Grand Seiko, technically much better movement and build compared to Rolex.