• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF 2019 Batman 126710?

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I´ve never seen a good rep insert of the Batman, the GMF included. I always see the gen bezel with bolder and more squared numbers. Am I the only one who sees this?

Reactions: watchboi

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I´ve never seen a good rep insert of the Batman, the GMF included. I always see the gen bezel with bolder and more squared numbers. Am I the only one who sees this?

I think we can all see it, but next to Gen it looks pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: leo6929

padorkous

Known Member
13/1/17
Version of the BLNR with Oyster does not have the coronet between 'Swiss' and 'Made' so it would be wrong / fantasy.
Good luck finding a BLRO bezel, and even if you did, of sourced a GMF one, the GMT hand would be the wrong colour, so again wrong / fantasy.

i already have a spare pair of blro hands from a build i did a couple years ago :D

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Ok, mine's turned up (I hate jubilees so I've gone for oyster) and although the jury's still out, my feelings are definitely a lot more positive then negative. I think out of the box, this isn't bad. In real world situations, it looks pretty good actually. You don't see the join on the insert in real life, only when you pull out the macro lens, so that's a massive positive. That seems strange to say when it's so obvious on the photos, but with the light constantly reflecting off the bezel, it just can't be seen. Even holding it very still and very close to my eye, my forty (ish) year old, laser improved eyes can't see a join at all. The build quality to me doesn't feel quite as great as other watches such as ARF and Noob; it's not bad, but it's not the best. I am glad with the purchase and shall certainly keep it until someone comes along with a AAA 1:1 version ;)

Here's a few pics. It definitely looks a lot better in real life. I haven't tried to only post good pics so the bad is certainly included for your info.

Zenrolex

14/2/19
USA
GingerBubba that looks nice, correct without the macro shot cant see the line. Dont think I'll be taking it off for people to inspect mine either.. nice pics and beautiful background shots :). Damit havent receive my GMF Pepsi yet and already looking forward to Batman..when does it stop..Enjoy your new addition.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Nice honest review Bubba, and great set of pics. I must say I think Rolex made a serious mistake deciding to never put an oyster on a SS GMT again. Yours looks great!

Reactions: Zenrolex

nicmend

Certified
24/3/18
Ok, mine's turned up (I hate jubilees so I've gone for oyster) and although the jury's still out, my feelings are definitely a lot more positive then negative. I think out of the box, this isn't bad. In real world situations, it looks pretty good actually. You don't see the join on the insert in real life, only when you pull out the macro lens, so that's a massive positive. That seems strange to say when it's so obvious on the photos, but with the light constantly reflecting off the bezel, it just can't be seen. Even holding it very still and very close to my eye, my forty (ish) year old, laser improved eyes can't see a join at all. The build quality to me doesn't feel quite as great as other watches such as ARF and Noob; it's not bad, but it's not the best. I am glad with the purchase and shall certainly keep it until someone comes along with a AAA 1:1 version ;)

Here's a few pics. It definitely looks a lot better in real life. I haven't tried to only post good pics so the bad is certainly included for your info.

Great shots, it actually does look good, better than I expected. I think the batman looks better on oyster

Reactions: KJ2020

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Looks good. Cyclops beats the ARF. Fit / finish does not look as great as the latest Noobs / ARF - looking at the SEL / Case transition but we've all worn worse.

Zenrolex

14/2/19
USA
KJ2020 somehow I think Rolex will go back to oyster bracelet for the GMT line or making it available as an option. IMO as an owner of a GEN 116710 LN that pcl makes the watch dressy when you need that dressier look. Dont mind a little time with cape cod action to keep the pcl shiny either..

Zenrolex

14/2/19
USA
Looks good. Cyclops beats the ARF. Fit / finish does not look as great as the latest Noobs / ARF - looking at the SEL / Case transition but we've all worn worse.

What do you think of the blue insert on the Noob vs the GMF? Which is closer to gen, GMF is the darker blue correct? I'm still indecisive..

Guicamarao

17/2/14
IMO the base of the hands is a big flaw on this watch. Worst than the insert itself.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020 somehow I think Rolex will go back to oyster bracelet for the GMT line or making it available as an option. IMO as an owner of a GEN 116710 LN that pcl makes the watch dressy when you need that dressier look. Dont mind a little time with cape cod action to keep the pcl shiny either..

The article I linked previously said it was only the SS GMTs that would never get an oyster again from the factory. Looks like their sales of the WG version needed a boost, so now it gets the oyster bracelet exclusively. I keep all my PCL rep bracelets flawless, I would just prefer not to have to! So a few have been made more "vintage", hehe.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
What do you think of the blue insert on the Noob vs the GMF? Which is closer to gen, GMF is the darker blue correct? I'm still indecisive..

Gmf is closer to gen.
Noob blue is way too light and there is noticeable line separating black and blue ceramic - in gmf that line is not noticeable at all. You won’t be able to see it on gmf unless you take a close up pic under bright light.

3king

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/9/17
CannaDuh!!
Some great information on this thread. Thank you all for providing such an in-depth insight using your vast knowledge. I also pulled the trigger on the Batman and will post my QC pictures once I have approved them.

Nokia_3310

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/4/18
Does gmf make black bezel GMT or do they only offer Pepsi and Batman?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
24 hours on, and I'm deffo happy I went for the GMF. Pic in the car just now as I wait to pick up my daughter.

VoSGTh.jpg

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
24 hours on, and I'm deffo happy I went for the GMF. Pic in the car just now as I wait to pick up my daughter.

VoSGTh.jpg

Looks good on oyster as well. The jubilee is more of a grower. Feels light and flimsy at first but you get used to it

Reactions: KJ2020