• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Basel 2019 Rolex

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I have been following Baselworld since 2005 and I have never experiences such divided opinions on the new Rolex releases like this weeks freshly basked batch. Fan boys in the blue corner are like " I have never ever seen such cutting egde & innovative designs " to the guys that absolute hate them in the red corner. In the audience they mostly dig the GMT but think the YM42WG is "just ok"

Look at this correct shade of gray
Snip20190320-13.png

New releases are just too white...

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I have been following Baselworld since 2005 and I have never experiences such divided opinions on the new Rolex releases like this weeks freshly basked batch. Fan boys in the blue corner are like " I have never ever seen such cutting egde & innovative designs " to the guys that absolute hate them in the red corner. In the audience they mostly dig the GMT but think the YM42WG is "just ok"

Look at this correct shade of gray
Snip20190320-13.png

New releases are just too white...

Now that's a gorgeous insert!

Reactions: johnlogan

jembediah

Renowned Member
20/5/14
I dunno wtf Tudor was doing this year. Absolutely horrible. And can they stop with the two-tone goldWRAPPED models. Either go solid gold (at this pricepoint it just shouldn't only be wrapped!) or don't go at all.

yes,the new diver is so bad the new chronograph is good,but as you say gold plated and using snowflake hands

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Why is everyone ignoring the main release here...?!?!?!

We got ourselves a new Gaytona, boys!!!

Many phresh. So Bling. Much Diamond. Very Rolex

PhilRRS

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/4/17
Just a little update from london. At 9am this morning I went to Watches Of Switzeland in Canary wharf. for people that dont know, Canary Wharf is the area where most of the Banks have trading desks and there is a lot of people who have lots of money work. The sales person there told me that people are lining up for the seadweller two toned and not really biting on the batman on jubilee. He said that they had about 70+ inquiries about Tudor Bronze Grey, which they do not do, but other than those 3 watches, noone is really interested in anything else.

For comparison, last year, I was there at 9.30am after they opened the process to get on the list for new releases, and they already had over 40 people signing up for Pepsi. This year - very slow (comparatively)

I have the Tudor bronze bucherer authentic. The colour contrast on that is quite dramatic. I dont know how I feel about Bronze and grey together. Have to see it in person.

Reactions: johnlogan

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Just a little update from london. At 9am this morning I went to Watches Of Switzeland in Canary wharf. for people that dont know, Canary Wharf is the area where most of the Banks have trading desks and there is a lot of people who have lots of money work. The sales person there told me that people are lining up for the seadweller two toned and not really biting on the batman on jubilee. He said that they had about 70+ inquiries about Tudor Bronze Grey, which they do not do, but other than those 3 watches, noone is really interested in anything else.

For comparison, last year, I was there at 9.30am after they opened the process to get on the list for new releases, and they already had over 40 people signing up for Pepsi. This year - very slow (comparatively)

I have the Tudor bronze bucherer authentic. The colour contrast on that is quite dramatic. I dont know how I feel about Bronze and grey together. Have to see it in person.

seems like a great moment to go get the batman

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

My observation of the workers at Canary Wharf (many of my clients are based there) is they just want the biggest, most goldest Rolex they can find. And thats it.

Its somewhat of a microcosm - I'm not sure that it is representative of the wider world.

Hotbmwm3

Horology Curious
13/5/18
The white dial looks great, a throw back to the original Pan Am 6542.

only tell us that Rolex never mix presious metal colours. If the band is white gold then the markings on the dial can’t be yellow gold. Any chance of tweeting in photoshop?

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Only decent watch there was the BLNR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Yea the YM isn't looking right now that's in a 42mm case set, the markers are floating around in the dial making the whole dial look non symmetrical.. big downer