• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Asian Clone 3132 movement any reviews?

TheKnight

16/11/18
Hey guys I've been reading about reliability issues with the [h=1]Asian Clone 3132 movement[/h] Any have experience with these know what the reliability issues are?

Thing is I want to get an ARF explorer but its only super clone 3132. I couldn't find a eta version.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hey guys I've been reading about reliability issues with the [h=1]Asian Clone 3132 movement[/h] Any have experience with these know what the reliability issues are?

Thing is I want to get an ARF explorer but its only super clone 3132. I couldn't find a eta version.

BP is the only one of the main contenders with an accurate numeral 3, plus it has an ETA. Easy choice for me.

https://www.intime04.co/rollie/5915...ack-dial-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-a3824.html

3yy2a.jpg

dLItT.jpg

isAvd.jpg

is3Bb.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
My second rep will be a bp explorer 1! did you do any movement swap with gen eta? did you test for water proofness?

I did put a gen swiss ETA in this rep. I greased the seals again of course but did not do a WP test. I keep all my watches (gen and rep) well clear of water.

TheKnight

16/11/18
I did put a gen swiss ETA in this rep. I greased the seals again of course but did not do a WP test. I keep all my watches (gen and rep) well clear of water.

hows taking out the hands? anything extra fragile? someone told me the tudor hour hand is? for some strange reason.

helenarou has cheap C1 merc hands. Its so hard to find BGW9 merc hands for ETA's.

I'll do a wp test i have a home rig i made 100psi about 85meters.

is there a double gasket in the tube? or just one? and one inside crown?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
All hands are fragile. I ruined some before I had any skill, everyone does. I now use two pry tools, which I find more controllable. There are two gaskets total on the crown/tube. I did not change the hands.

Reactions: TheKnight

TheKnight

16/11/18
All hands are fragile. I ruined some before I had any skill, everyone does. I now use two pry tools, which I find more controllable. There are two gaskets total on the crown/tube. I did not change the hands.

where did you source your eta movement?

Dudu_n

Horology Curious
18/12/19
my 2019 super clone 3132 - is giving me an issue - when its stady on the table it runs smoothly but if i wear it on hand and move it around it stopes working. i asked for a price quote from my local watch smith - and it was the same price of a new replica.

So I'm considering getting a new movement to put in my Rep Oyster Perpetual 39mm (because i really like it).
can anyone suggest where i can get a new movement? or maybe an ETA 3132 equal? or any other suggested movement?

thank you!

Evox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/8/22
my 2019 super clone 3132 - is giving me an issue - when its stady on the table it runs smoothly but if i wear it on hand and move it around it stopes working. i asked for a price quote from my local watch smith - and it was the same price of a new replica.

So I'm considering getting a new movement to put in my Rep Oyster Perpetual 39mm (because i really like it).
can anyone suggest where i can get a new movement? or maybe an ETA 3132 equal? or any other suggested movement?

thank you!

Ebay is a good source.

I want an good old simple Explorer I, I was also considering some of the Sellita movements. Just go completely simple and rugged with a hand winding caliber like the SELLITA-SW210-1 https://www.ofrei.com/Sellita-Watch-Movement.html It's a replacement for the obsolete ETA 2801-2.

Simple seems fitting for a tool watch like the Explorer I.