• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

16610 Gen Date Wheel - Will it fit JF 16610 3135 Movement?

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Actually he did change few parts specific to dw.

Pallet fork, escape wheel, date wheel mounted, date jumper, hour wheel and reversing wheels.

nonox

30/3/12
It has been better now, the date changes at 12 midnight but its stuck half way like my sample photo above, in the middle of changing to the new date. What I do is adjust the datewheels slightly and it will kick it into place. I believe it what occb2 mentioned regarding the date plate not deep enough.

Some dates are a fraction misaligned but they are ok. I will try to get either VR3135 or 600/626-625/614 as suggested. Thanks for leading me this far! Very generous of you guys to share your wisdom.

I had a similar issue on a sh3135.
Try to unscrew just a little the screw of de date finger (623 or 625 I don’t remember the number but it’s the same srew)
Sometime this screw is too tight and prevents the camyoke to push the Datefinger/datewheel mounted and prevents the instant date change

Not sur that will resolve your issue but it’s nothing to try

AgentPena

Supporter
28/3/18
South East Asia
Misiekped just installed this open 6&9 gen data wheel on my sh3135. I know he changed few parts to gen in the service but not sure if any of them was specific to that dw.

IMG-9908.jpg

That watch looks godly, so good

emameme

30/12/15
I have the same problem with my JF franken, at midnight the gen date disk have an half turn and i'm not able to have a centered date. The most boring thing is that every day i need to turn 24 hours clockwise the hands for then adjust the date (the date become centered).

If I try to turn only the date, the stem turn free..

AgentPena

Supporter
28/3/18
South East Asia
I have the same problem with my JF franken, at midnight the gen date disk have an half turn and i'm not able to have a centered date. The most boring thing is that every day i need to turn 24 hours clockwise the hands for then adjust the date (the date become centered).

If I try to turn only the date, the stem turn free..

Sigh, tell me about it. Now my watch is back at the watchsmith trying to fix that DW again.