• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best datejust 36mm watch case only (no bracelet consideration)

Jrl_leo

Known Member
17/1/19
USA Ohio
Hello,

I am new to the site and hopefully am following all procedures correctly with this post. I am looking to purchase a datejust 36mm that I will put on a leather strap (hence no need for watch bracelet consideration with any suggestions on reps).
I was curious what is everyone’s opinion on the best datejust36 factory maker for this kind of build?. Like everyone else I am looking for the best price, closest to gen comparison with ability to mod the watch to make improvements where necessary. I would obviously like to keep any modding to a minimum but understand things like new datewheels etc may be something that would be encountered on any rep.

Also I would be curious on everyone opinion on the best datejust 36mm available out of the box rep with bracelet considered? Does this change things??

The amount of different factories (ref, djf, noob, arf) is quite confusing. Any help from experienced members answering the above questions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from the RWI App

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Let me start this by throwing ARF in the ring. Their fluted bezel 36mm is really good.

Ootb: arf 36mm fluted bezel on jubilee, blue dial

Jrl_leo

Known Member
17/1/19
USA Ohio
Arf looks good, what would your suggestions be for upgrades/modding to really improve the base out of box model? The most obvious tells it’s nkt a gen off you like!?

thanks for your reply!

Jrl_leo

Known Member
17/1/19
USA Ohio
How is thee datewheel on arf compared to gen? Is it something that needs to be addressed? Does the arf come with a movement that can have new datewheel if need be?

ks123

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/3/16
London
Djf - Has a very reliable movement and only modding which might be needed is a profcrystal

federik91

Renowned Member
3/12/15
Arf looks good, what would your suggestions be for upgrades/modding to really improve the base out of box model? The most obvious tells it’s nkt a gen off you like!?

thanks for your reply!

You have two ways for make a good work with arf :
previous 2005, or after 2005
the difference: before 2005, no rehaut and no A/R Crystal, so you can leave the arf stock Crystal
like this genuine 116234 rhodium Roman dial,
while for second chance, you must put genuine Crystal with a/r if u Wanna Leave rehaut (not so much pretty, but Who does really care???)

Wathever way you will choose, i suggest a gen Dwo, and work the arf fluted bezel, making a gold cover 24kt on it...the rhoiudm righ?
So i Think you will ready ????????