• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116519ln Noob v2 just arrived

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Hey gang,

I just got this in mail - here are some early pictures, will post a more detailed review soon.

The movement winds ultra smooth and the watch looks absolutely stunning.

Feels a bit too light, tho.
I really would like to know the weight of the gen.. the rep comes in at 108 grams.

EDIT: just read that the gen weighs 161 grams. So perhaps an ARF Oysterflex is needed, i think it's heavier than the noob but feel free to correct me on this.

qs4jb.jpg

qsr02.jpg

qsA5d.jpg

qxVlZ.jpg

qxE2A.jpg

Last edited:

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Lovely pics, thank you :)

Can you please tell me if the subdials have the sunburst effect too? I can't tell from the pics..

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Itto Lovely, thanks for the video. It looks like a much more accurate rep than the ceramic Noob 116500. The color is simply stunning.. Wear it in good health! :)

Reactions: DR Russell

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
It is indeed!

The subdials look way better than the ones on the 116500..there might be hope for a proper update on that one :)

BTW, how do you size the Oysterflex, do you have to cut it?

Reactions: Vox Optimatium

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
I think the only way to size it, is to order a different size - There was an additional two straps included, but i think they are the same size like the installed one.

Once installed there is also the easylink system which allows for roughly 1.5cm of sizing.

I think, you COULD cut it.. you'd then need to drill a hole through the cutout for the screw..

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Oh, I see.. I've never seen this system before. How do you like the quality of the rubber strap? Some rep rubbers can be awful and smelly. On the other hand I've had rep rubbers that were just like gen (GF Breitling straps). Damn it, I still can't decide between this and the 116500..

Reactions: Vox Optimatium

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Doesn't smell. But i think the ARF Oysterflex is closer to gen. The Noob lacks the flexible metal inlay. At least that's what i heard - might dissect the other one that came with it..

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
The things we do in the name of science :D

Thanks for your replies, I guess another sleepless night for me.. ;)

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Just checked again - the two additional straps are different sizes, so you get quite some room to adjust the bracelet.

Reactions: Therion666

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Just checked again - the two additional straps are different sizes, so you get quite some room to adjust the bracelet.

That's a great piece of information, I just went through a couple of videos on YouTube and got a little worried, because they said in one video, that the AD usually sources a correct size of the Oysterflex bracelet, in case the one it comes with the watch, doesn't fit. My wrist is 18.5cm (7.25 "), do you think it would fit?

Last edited:

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
That's a great piece of information, I just went through a couple of videos on YouTube and got a little worried, because they said in one video, that the AD usually sources a correct size of the Oysterflex bracelet, in case the one it comes with the watch, doesn't fit. My wrist is 18.5cm (7.25 "), do you think it would fit?

It would definitely fit - my wrist is 17cm and with the +1,5cm adjustment on the clasp AND the larger straps it would definitely fit.

Reactions: Therion666

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Contra #1: clasp is missing the easylink feature. Gen has it. You would think that on a 700 dollar rep, they could have incorporated that. They didn't.

Does anybody know if the ARF has got easylink?

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Now that's a bummer, the easylink is essential for this kind of strap.. It can be found on reps at half this price and it's actually very useful, I use it on my Explorer 1 all the time.. I hope they update the clasp and that it can be ordered separately.

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
I also found a great comparison thread on TRF and this particular model should have a different case shape that the 116500. I also heard that you can't remove those endlinks to fit a different strap - is that true for the rep too?

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=582111

Not sure about the case shape, will check this.

Yes the endlinks seem to be fixed, but there are separate springbars on the endlinks.. well, i have to play with it a bit - i could imagine that you can actually remove them somehow (if they are not fixed under the bezel). I will probably try it later today.

Removing the endlinks would only be needed if you want to install a metal bracelet. Fitting another rubber or leather strap is definitely possible with just removing the Oysterflex.

Just for shits and giggles i ordered a gen Oysterflex, to see how it compares. And i need to source a polished fliplock clasp with easylink. Damn this hobby ;)

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
I know, this hobby is sucking the life out of me :D These are pretty pricey, aren't they (about 500$ without the clasp) ? And you were lucky to even get them to order one for you, they must love you ;)

Reactions: Itto