• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DJF Hulk v2 (316F)

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
IMOP the most similarities can be found on Seagull‘s ST25.

ddc2c8cb6b9d150f3e3046a6bb08f927.jpg

Note the position and design of the balance bridge. Also it has got a huge power reserve by design which Seiko‘s 7S series @21600bph don’t have. So the PR would be more less at a modified SEIKO @28800bph.

Greets Andi

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Makes sense, but the pawl levers are almost a signature of some Seiko movements. One funny thing is that mine doesn't hack, or at least it didn't before I sent it for a service. That might actually be another tell...

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Yes. But other SEIKO typical details are missing. There isn‘t a magic lever for example. And the layout is totally different. And I don’t know any SEIKO movement with a real double balance bridge. 28800bph SEIKO movements are only availible in the higher lines f. e. SEIKO MM300 with 8L35.

I guess the chinese makers took construction details from some different movements and created their own. Maybe a totally modified Seagull ST25. But i does not seem to be a new layout because it does not look similar to Rolex 3135 movement.

Greets Andi

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
It is still very intriguing, as it doesn't seem to be a clone of a 3135, doesn't it? A ST25 modified would be interesting, same as a modified Seiko. We do know it has hi-beat, slow date change and a PR of +50h, we can play around with that. On the double balance, well, I guess that doesn't mean much as its as easy of swapping the plates for another ones, isn't it?

Here are a couple of pics from mine (304L version, not the 904L you can see on the websites):

VfiTpp.jpg

Vfih7s.jpg

Reactions: Itto

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
The DJF 904L version uses a standard SA3135. Interesting.
I‘m sure this new clone movement will appear more often in future.

Greets Andi

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
ARF bracelet fits very good and really gives a better SEL - i currently use it on my djf hulk.

Vx0vzg.jpg

Just got myself a brand new ARF bracelet, but the SEL sits completely flush. I'm using the stock DJF springbars, I used a pair of thinner ones which improved the SEL dramatically but they make it wobble too, so not sure what could I do there. What springbars are you using with the ARF bracelet, if you don't mind me asking?

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Just got myself a brand new ARF bracelet, but the SEL sits completely flush. I'm using the stock DJF springbars, I used a pair of thinner ones which improved the SEL dramatically but they make it wobble too, so not sure what could I do there. What springbars are you using with the ARF bracelet, if you don't mind me asking?

I'd say 2mm standard - but i just had a look and somehow the tips of these are a bit slimmer, compared to the standard noob ones. I actually cannot tell anymore if these were the ones included with djf since i swapped around so many..
​​​​​​
what i CAN say is, these are not 1.8mm or even 1.7mm ones because i'd remember buying them and i definitely did not :)

Vladld.jpg

Reactions: Hinclimincli

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

You can use some tape on the lower part of the case where the engraving is. guru Guru showed this in a post called "SEL mod". I tried to find it to link here but sadly the search function is not always cooperative.

If you aren't afraid of a more permanent solution you can glue a thin piece of 22 guage 316L wire on the case lip. This provides stability and lowers the SEL to add recess.

e-15397529946400.jpg

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
You can use some tape on the lower part of the case where the engraving is. guru Guru showed this in a post called "SEL mod". I tried to find it to link here but sadly the search function is not always cooperative.

If you aren't afraid of a more permanent solution you can glue a thin piece of 22 guage 316L wire on the case lip. This provides stability and lowers the SEL to add recess.

e-15397529946400.jpg

I have ordered some decent springbars but with a slimmer end tip (as the ones on the DJF are quite hefty and leave no room for any plastic mod).

I also have found the thread but I'm not sure if I get it: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/7683601-sel-mod/page2

Might try it, with the 1.8mm ones I have that currently are a bit wobbly. What I don't understand is why should it work, lol. If I add that layer, the upper side of the SEL will be recessed but the lower will end up flush, right? That's exactly the opposite to a gen, afaik. I guess I'll have to try and see how it works. Nevertheless, thanks a lot guys!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I have ordered some decent springbars but with a slimmer end tip (as the ones on the DJF are quite hefty and leave no room for any plastic mod).

I also have found the thread but I'm not sure if I get it: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-sel-mod/page2

Might try it, with the 1.8mm ones I have that currently are a bit wobbly. What I don't understand is why should it work, lol. If I add that layer, the upper side of the SEL will be recessed but the lower will end up flush, right? That's exactly the opposite to a gen, afaik. I guess I'll have to try and see how it works. Nevertheless, thanks a lot guys!

I understand your thinking, but the added thickness is just to provide stability and close gaps to the case if they exist. It should not alter the SEL recess appearance noticeably. It's the use of thinner springbars that provides the possibility of better SEL recess.

Gen SEL recess amount is exact through the entire curve in a perfect world.

Using the other method of a glued wire lowers the entire SEL uniformly in addition to anchoring the SEL hole aginst the springbar.

t-15402466052087.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Hinclimincli