• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New SUB VRF

Rustyrust

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/5/18
Wow thank you for the review occb2 !!! Congrats on your gen, it looks gorgeous. 100% WBIG lol. I better pick one up before another price hike.

Would you say OTB, the VRF bezel color is the best compared to other current offerings? Would love to see more comparison photos with your gen in different lighting conditions:D​​​​​​​

Reactions: Midnightx

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Wow thank you for the review occb2 !!! Congrats on your gen, it looks gorgeous. 100% WBIG lol. I better pick one up before another price hike.

Would you say OTB, the VRF bezel color is the best compared to other current offerings? Would love to see more comparison photos with your gen in different lighting conditions:D

He wrote "The LV colors are completely off. DO NOT ORDER IT. You will feel like a fool if you are next to someone with the real one. I will post pics.", Seems pretty clear to me

Reactions: MonsieurMax

the massakretor

23/8/13
He wrote "The LV colors are completely off. DO NOT ORDER IT. You will feel like a fool if you are next to someone with the real one. I will post pics.", Seems pretty clear to me

Yeah but all the hulk reps look off in my opinion, when compared to the gen one. So it's rather don't buy any LV rep, or buy the best rep

thestallion

Known Member
10/10/18
London, UK / Rome, Italy
Yeah but all the hulk reps look off in my opinion, when compared to the gen one. So it's rather don't buy any LV rep, or buy the best rep

I own a modded Hulk, and I had the change to compare the insert color from Noob (V9) and the latest VRF version (in November, but I believe it's the same as the one mentioned here), and VRF is definitely closer than Noob as the latter was more of a "green water", further away from gen!

Reactions: Rustyrust

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I am reading this thread very carefully.

I am a bit anal about SEL (don't worry about the green too much). I opted out noob for this exact reason, ARF lovely SEL but the short and fat lugs make it a bit funny for me.

The VRF hulk has lovely colors, the SELs are just a tad funny, but I am not sure since there aren't many pictures around for me to make up my mind. And 358$ (I never buy clone movements) looks a deal, compared to 500$ arf and noob.

Would you suggest it, to wear OTB? Even with that SELs?

Inviato dal mio LM-G710 utilizzando Tapatalk

What is $358?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the massakretor

23/8/13
I own a modded Hulk, and I had the change to compare the insert color from Noob (V9) and the latest VRF version (in November, but I believe it's the same as the one mentioned here), and VRF is definitely closer than Noob as the latter was more of a "green water", further away from gen!

So between VRF Max and ARF, for a person that has zero intentions of modding, would you suggest the first or the latter?

John Pat

Looking Around
12/1/19
I really thought the VR3135 would be a game changer. There was so many hype about the piece itself. What a pity.

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18

Right!!! There IS no perfect rep Hulk insert - it's a matter of which one is closest, and even that is to a large degree in the eyes of the beholder. Some love the Noob V9 insert, some the VRF MAX, some the ARF, etc. I happen to love my VRF MAX, but that's me!

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Sorry to hear about this. I have steered clear of superclones for this very reason but I pay pretty close attention to posts like this. Having spent what you did on a couple watches with now bad movements, you might want to consider replacing those movements with a good quality SH3135. I've seen this one recommended by knowledgeable modders. Its a 1:1 swap in the case, might have to change the DW if yours is better.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wrist-watch...i/123348171782

Thanks for that link! The V6S with the totally nonworking SA3135 is now at the watchmaker, so we'll see what he says. If it is shot, which I think is likely, I would be sorely tempted to order one of the ebay ones, have it sent to him and get it serviced properly. I'll await his autopsy and recommendations. It's a pity to have to sink more $ into the watch, but I do love the V6S 3135, and so it is what it is.

My 5 digit LN, which also has a SA315 movement, began to grind after a few weeks of what seemed to be no problem. Then inexplicably, last night when I went to try and wind it, the gears connected again and for now, at least, it seems to be working. It must have heard me cursing it LOL!

Not holding my breath, though!

One watch at a time...I'll get there.

Reactions: KJ2020

thestallion

Known Member
10/10/18
London, UK / Rome, Italy
So between VRF Max and ARF, for a person that has zero intentions of modding, would you suggest the first or the latter?

It's a personal decision man, I saw some pictures of the ARF with pretty bad inserts, some looked better. ARF makes the best bracelet (& SELs consequently), VRF best insert, Noob best case, clasp. But again, these are all personal opinions :D

Reactions: taj

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18

Yes, I think to a large extent it's personal preference. I like my ARF 2824, but it seems a tad too big to me on my wrist - maybe it's the fatter lugs, I don't know. The look is fine, and the bracelet is great - but the fit is not on the money for me (if JonJ modded it, I'm sure it would feel better to me)

The VRF MAX 2836 fits me better, I like the BP dial it has (seems brighter and more sunbursty than the ARF) and I like the insert on my VRF better than the ARF. That's me.

On the other hand, Drifter liked his VRF, but liked his ARF even better - and it looks beautiful in his photos - nothing wrong with that choice!!

So again - how it fits, and the eye of the beholder. Unless you want to buy both and compare them when you get them, you'll have to take your best guess and go for it - I don't think you'll go wrong either way, once you get it, you'll be happy. They are both great reps of a far more expensive gen watch.

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Just to clear the air a little. When I posted in RED CAPS do not buy the VRF 116610LV 3135 that was me talking as a Hulk owner. There was a lot of hype about this watch. The pics looked amazing too. The platinum looked really good. The bezel color looked good. The dial looked great. Then I got it today. First thing I did was test the date flip and if I could quickset it. The date flipped 1/3 of the way then between 12 and 3 it slowly started to changed. I tried again and same thing. At 1205 I tired to quick set and it worked like a charm.

Then that aside I put it next to my hulk. Not even close. Although pictures really do not do it justice, the hulk is a breath taking watch. The dial is freaking amazing. This was the first picture I took with both of them side to side.

jilde.md.jpg

They are different. Now in darker rooms that dial on the real one will be black. The VRF will be darker but you will be able to see green. Also the insert is a darker green and the engraving, while platinum, is whiter then the real deal. The crystal is great the date wheel is great. Lots of pluses for this watch. If the VR3135 was working well this watch is great to get in a LN. With a little case work it would be a keeper.

Good night. I will chime back in later in the AM. Its 2 am here and I need to get to bed. Ask away and I will answer later.

Thanks for your priceless contribution to this community, Rob! We salute you!
And thank you for this definitive call.
I will still buy this watch, BUT not the hulk. I will buy the LN. For 2 reasons:
1) I am buying this watch (LN version, not Hulk) for the MOVEMENT. Same reason I bought the Noob Daytona 116520 4130.\; and
2) Repping or attempting to get the gen green color of the gen Hulk bezel and dial is simply not yet possible; but the LN, no problem.

And your post as quoted is the confirmation I needed from you! Again, thanks, Rob! Take a bow.

Reactions: vcappp and occb2

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Thanks for your priceless contribution to this community, Rob! We salute you!
And thank you for this definitive call.
I will still buy this watch, BUT not the hulk. I will buy the LN. For 2 reasons:
1) I am buying this watch (LN version, not Hulk) for the MOVEMENT. Same reason I bought the Noob Daytona 116520 4130.\; and
2) Repping or attempting to get the gen green color of the gen Hulk bezel and dial is simply not yet possible; but the LN, no problem.

And your post as quoted is the confirmation I needed from you! Again, thanks, Rob! Take a bow.

You are welcome. It is my pleasure. I just finished servicing the VR movement. The date flip is shot. Still doesn't work. Also the balance did not make it out of the cleaning. It is still intact but will not work. The spring is VERY sucky. I am making a thread on it in the movement section. Should be done soon.

Rob

Reactions: vcappp

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
OK, I decided to look at the QC photo of my watch from Ryan at InTime and compare it to the one that occb2 2 got from Puretime.

Is it just me, or do the case lugs and SEL look slightly different between the two?

Mine is on the top, Rob's is on the bottom. I was able to resize them on my computer so that they were the same size, but unfortunately that did not carry over when I uploaded the photos...

q6dv3.jpg

q6FBU.jpg

Beano2278

Horology Curious
9/12/18
Not the best result I wanted lol, I have the ARF 116610LV already and the VRF arrived today with the view I could transfer my ARF bracelet onto it and get a prof Xtal installed and maybe a gen DW but given the breakdown from occb2 it's not quite the watch it appeared to have been so it look like I'll have to decide which one to keep and which one to sell lol.

This is the first time a watch has arrived and I've not ripped the packaging off lol, I'll wait till I get home from work to have a proper look.

Oh and the paperwork says mine has an amplitude of 224 and a beat error of 0.3ms but I'll verify that when I get it home but imho it shouldn't have passed QC being so low.
202742c13c45d8b1a5993d6780a44918.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Not the best result I wanted lol, I have the ARF 116610LV already and the VRF arrived today with the view I could transfer my ARF bracelet onto it and get a prof Xtal installed and maybe a gen DW but given the breakdown from occb2 it's not quite the watch it appeared to have been so it look like I'll have to decide which one to keep and which one to sell lol.

This is the first time a watch has arrived and I've not ripped the packaging off lol, I'll wait till I get home from work to have a proper look.

Oh and the paperwork says mine has an amplitude of 224 and a beat error of 0.3ms but I'll verify that when I get it home but imho it shouldn't have passed QC being so low.
202742c13c45d8b1a5993d6780a44918.jpg

Which TD is this from? And is this the VRF 3135?

Beano2278

Horology Curious
9/12/18
Which TD is this from? And is this the VRF 3135?
So yes this is the new VRF with the VR3135, the TD is and Independent in the UK who orders direct from China ( well know on our FB groups and I've used him many times).