• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Upgrades to my LL 116613LB

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Just got this back from Mike today. Newly installed gen bezel insert and gen crystal. Always amazed at how big a difference a gen crystal makes. Mike pressure tested the watch to 10 bar. (That’s around 320 feet) Any question as to whether or not these reps can be waterproofed I’d call answered. Loco Louie’s bezel insert was actually pretty close to gen. I found the insert for a really good price so I jumped on it. His dial remains top shelf of the reps I’ve seen, too bad we can’t get his stuff anymore. Pictures........

15noaih.jpg

ogxqw4.jpg

2vukemo.jpg

29lky7m.jpg

2emhlxw.jpg

nf5kz5.jpg

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Wow ! sitting here with the gen on and that looks pretty spot on. The gen insert really puts it to the next level.

If you ever want to sell hit me up , I'd be interested the insert too.

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Always nice to see the "adds on" come on over time after a while they turn into superfrankens!

great peice you got there, hold onto it, because in the rep game the ones you can't get anymore are the collectables in the Gen world.

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Glad you guys like it. Best of all is this is wrapped and no bare sel sides to drive me crazy. I’m about $2k into now and that’s where I usually stop. Usually....

Reactions: johnlogan

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Glad you guys like it. Best of all is this is wrapped and no bare sel sides to drive me crazy. I’m about $2k into now and that’s where I usually stop. Usually....

Nice, can’t wait for that gen bracelet you’re going to put on it

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Hey mate! Congratulations! And that’s surely a keeper! I actually bought a Sonil crystal for mine, but decided against “touching” our LL bluesy. Not even a gen crystal.... No decent watch maker where I live. Enjoy it, sir!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Hey mate! Congratulations! And that’s surely a keeper! I actually bought a Sonil crystal for mine, but decided against “touching” our LL bluesy. Not even a gen crystal.... No decent watch maker where I live. Enjoy it, sir!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Thanks! Where are you located again?

Buster Hyman

Known Member
8/9/12
That is really top notch. Glad you got your LL and def a keeper .. im still waiting to pull the pin .. i keep thinking there will be something better after CNY. If you know anything or advice .. keep me in loop.

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
That is really top notch. Glad you got your LL and def a keeper .. im still waiting to pull the pin .. i keep thinking there will be something better after CNY. If you know anything or advice .. keep me in loop.

Glad you like it. As of yet there’s nothing new on the horizon that I’ve heard of. If I didn’t have this watch I’d have a VRF no two ways about it. I’d suggest that one if you’re ready.

Reactions: Buster Hyman

Buster Hyman

Known Member
8/9/12
im loooking at TT and PureTimes VRF .. so i was told that a Prof xtal mod and im set to go . What you think if you got one? I want to keep $ under 1g USD.

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
I like gen crystals myself. You’d be at about a grand there as well. Either way that’s a great choice.

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
im loooking at TT and PureTimes VRF .. so i was told that a Prof xtal mod and im set to go . What you think if you got one? I want to keep $ under 1g USD.

We've gone slightly off topic (sorry Ruprekt!) - but I've got a VRF 116613 LB and a Prof crystal incoming, hopefully that's a great combo :)