• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW Batch ARF Submariner A2824

Hansmeier19

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/12/18
After studying the forum for a few weeks I decided to go with the ARF Submariner A2824 because it is the best OOTB and I don't want to modify it. But as some dealers told me it isn't available at the moment because they are all waiting for the new batch. Now I'm a bit concerned if there will be any changes because the old batch was almost perfect. Will there be any differences for the new batch or can I purchase it without any doubts? Are there any experts out there?

Thank you!

Reactions: AC_Slater

Midnightx

17/3/17
Nobody will be able to tell you what changes a rep factory will be making to any watch in any iteration, there are only hopes and wants, not answers.

Reactions: KJ2020

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
No rep is perfect mate. There will always be something off about them

Suggest dont be paranoid about it. Just order and enjoy....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
I love my ARF Sub but it’s far from perfect, maybe the new batch will fix some flaws?? Then again I’ve been here long enough to know how this works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: phdsjain

Watches08

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
20/8/18
They should shave those fat ass lugs. And they can't mess it up too much because noob is just waiting for them to do some stupid shit. Could also be that they don't change anything worth mentioning.

Hansmeier19

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/12/18
I know that there is no "perfect rep" but the ARF is the closest to the gen. Does anybody know when it's released?

Reactions: Tigerdragon

Watches08

INMATE
20/8/18
There is no way to tell obviously.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Wait and see, not much else we can do. Hopefully its updated in a good way!

If not put up a WTB in our classifieds.... something I should be doing lol

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
After studying the forum for a few weeks I decided to go with the ARF Submariner A2824 because it is the best OOTB and I don't want to modify it. But as some dealers told me it isn't available at the moment because they are all waiting for the new batch. Now I'm a bit concerned if there will be any changes because the old batch was almost perfect. Will there be any differences for the new batch or can I purchase it without any doubts? Are there any experts out there?

Thank you!

New batches aren't new versions so there shouldn't be any planned changes. What is unknown is what differences there will be in the parts ARF gets from its suppliers that make up the watch. Maybe they will finally get some inserts that aren't stamped off center
and some cases that are drilled properly countersunk to fit the tube correctly.

Reactions: watchboi

Watches08

INMATE
20/8/18
Idk where you're getting this but new batches can come with improvements. V is just a name. Doesn't even have to mean version. If a new batch fixes something it can be called v50 if they really want to.

Hansmeier19

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/12/18
New batches aren't new versions so there shouldn't be any planned changes. What is unknown is what differences there will be in the parts ARF gets from its suppliers that make up the watch. Maybe they will finally get some inserts that aren't stamped off center
and some cases that are drilled properly countersunk to fit the tube correctly.

That would be great. Hope they don't make it worse..

slashdotcom1

Renowned Member
16/11/18
Hi guys,

it will be released in 1-2 days.We can only hope that the parts makers did a good job. And by the way...this is how the new versions are created. If the new batch has a better parts the factories call it a V :)

slashdotcom1

Renowned Member
16/11/18
you can check also the new VRF with their VR3135, but is really new and no one can give a feedback. No idea if it'sbetter than ARF and if VR3135 is stable enough. From the pictures the movement looks good, but you know...you cannot say only from pictures.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Are you sure ? Agnus said they change to 3135 when the 2824 are all sold would be make no sense if they now making a new batch

slashdotcom1

Renowned Member
16/11/18
Well...we cannot be sure about anything in the rep business. I ordered a ARF and the TD gave me that info.
But we know this might not be the truth

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
My TD confirmed new batch is happening. Should have QC pics soon, I’ll post up once accepted. This will be my second time owning this watch, had it this summer, let it go in lieu of a 16610 and couldn’t get used to the 5 digit again.

Reactions: Averse

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
My TD confirmed new batch is happening. Should have QC pics soon, I’ll post up once accepted. This will be my second time owning this watch, had it this summer, let it go in lieu of a 16610 and couldn’t get used to the 5 digit again.

Same happened to me, got the arf SD and I can't wear my 5 digit subs anymore :facepalm:

slashdotcom1

Renowned Member
16/11/18
Guys, probably a2824/36 one day will disappear from all rolex reps,but it will not be soon. For now all rolex rep movements are not stable enough. Some of them are ok and many stop to work in few months.
So I can believe the story of the new batch is true.

Hansmeier19

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/12/18
Guys, probably a2824/36 one day will disappear from all rolex reps,but it will not be soon. For now all rolex rep movements are not stable enough. Some of them are ok and many stop to work in few months.
So I can believe the story of the new batch is true.

What do you mean? The 2824 is a pretty good movement as far as I know.