• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone know if Noob has plans to fix the black Daytona dial?

m120

Known Member
Patron
Certified
28/9/18
USA
Hey All,
I really like the new SA4130 Noob Daytona but the subdials on the black dial (black is the color I really like) just kills it for me. I was wondering if anyone knew of/heard rumors about Noob fixing the subdials or possible ARF coming out with a fully working SA4130 Daytona? I’m thinking about going the Franken route but before spending all the time and $$ I wanted to try to find out if something good is in the pipeline.

Thanks in advance for any info!

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
Hey All,
I really like the new SA4130 Noob Daytona but the subdials on the black dial (black is the color I really like) just kills it for me. I was wondering if anyone knew of/heard rumors about Noob fixing the subdials or possible ARF coming out with a fully working SA4130 Daytona? I’m thinking about going the Franken route but before spending all the time and $$ I wanted to try to find out if something good is in the pipeline.

Thanks in advance for any info!

God knows
Sorry not helping

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Yeah theyll fix it and the bungle up the SELs AND the clasp. Remember Rule of Noob...1 step forward, 2 steps back.

Reactions: KJ2020

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
No ARF with this movement and no new dial

Sent from iX

Reactions: m120

Kdawggy

Known Member
3/4/18
I dunno, but it's the only thing stopping me from buying one. I'm not willing to pay £500+ on a watch with such an obvious and easily fixable flaw, especially when it will probably (hopefully) be fixed at some point. It's surely not even that hard a fix, so I figure they must just have a bunch of dials needing used.

Reactions: ssouthall6 and m120

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Well they would be stupid to fix it, and if they fix it they will make some other mistakes on purpose

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

m120

Known Member
Patron
Certified
28/9/18
USA
No ARF with this movement and no new dial

Sent from iX

Ugh coming from you Guru that makes me really sad. I’ve seen it mentioned before that it might be possible to put an ARF dial on the Noob (with some shaving/feet mods). Though I can’t remember - is the center hole too big on the ARF dial that you can see the empty space? Or will look fine with the mods? If not - do you have any recommendations on a dial (outside of gen) that would work? Ive heard BP mentioned?

Sent from the RWI App

Last edited:

m120

Known Member
Patron
Certified
28/9/18
USA
I dunno, but it's the only thing stopping me from buying one. I'm not willing to pay £500+ on a watch with such an obvious and easily fixable flaw, especially when it will probably (hopefully) be fixed at some point. It's surely not even that hard a fix, so I figure they must just have a bunch of dials needing used.

I feel the exact same. Time to do some research to see if the AFR dial could be modded to work...

Sent from the RWI App

markfisher

25/9/18
Italy
this is mine:

wmcOU.jpg