• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC Pic Help needed ARF Sub 116610 A2824

MaxPower2406

Known Member
Certified
10/1/15
EU
Hi, I've ordered a ARF Sub A2824 and got my QC pics yesterday.

I don't want to be fussy but that time I am really unsure. So maybe you can let me know your opinion.

1. The font of the datewheel seems to me very bolt like in the SH3135 version. I don't know if the numbers 1-9 are bolt normally. I have asked for a new picture where datewheel is on double digit (e.g. 13 or 23). Waiting for it.

2. What really concerns me is the large gap between case and crown. I have asked if the crown was completly closed when the pictures were taken.

wGcqA.jpg

wG1Cd.jpg

wGbT2.jpg

The answer was that all crowns are like that and I got some more pictures. Gap is still noticable from my point of view.

wGE93.jpg

3. There is a "big" gap in the clasp. I have a noob sub nodate as well and compared the that it is really "big".

wGJ4Z.jpg

I have already bought some watches but never had a situation like that. I would be happy about suggestions how to handle.
Thanks in advance.

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
2. What really concerns me is the large gap between case and crown. I have asked if the crown was completly closed when the pictures were taken.

wGcqA.jpg

wG1Cd.jpg

wGbT2.jpg

The answer was that all crowns are like that and I got some more pictures. Gap is still noticable from my point of view.

Your TD is correct, The ARF subs are known to have this issue with that gap. No point changing cos they are all the same.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Date font is indeed bolder than ARF's usual 2824's. And yes, gap is a known issue, I have the same

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Crown is a issue which all have. For the datewheel its the datewheel or the magnification is damn high.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
It's a fake Rolex.

The real ones are better.

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
These are all known for ARF isn't it?
No point ask for another one cos all will be the same.
Unless changing to other factories which did better then ARF on above items but other issue will surface
Gen is the way to go
​​​​​​????

MaxPower2406

Known Member
Certified
10/1/15
EU
Thanks for clarification and helping with my concerns. I had s.th. in mind that I have read a post about the stem and crown and searched for it before the post but was not able to find it again. :confused: I was also comparing to my Noob Sub nodate but Rubberman is right. There are other issues instead of these.