• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V8 GMT batman insert horrible

prawnboy

10/8/13
Asia
Just brought a Noob V8 Batman GMT.
The insert is so bad and horrible

Any kind soul out here can recommend a decent looking insert for my Batman?
black/blue GMT insert

Reactions: mikmahon86

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I've purchased about 30 aftermarket inserts in the last 6 months. About 20 of them have gone back to the seller for defects, inferior workmanship, being too far from gen, etc. In many cases return shipping was at my expense. I don't think there's a way for you to get a better looking one (aside from buying a gen) other than trial and error as most of us do.

I dont have a Batman atm, but I no doubt will have one at some point so I always look at blue/black inserts when searching them. I have never seen one better than the Noob V8, but if I see one I'll post back here. When searching for aftermarket inserts, if you remain open to inserts with white markers which most have, your chances of finding one will be greater. You would have to do a paint mod to silver or choose to live with the white.

Reactions: phdsjain

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Do they look that drastically different in all light conditions or do they look more similar depending on the lighting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
This is really weird!!!
All pics I’ve seen of v8 blue didn’t look anything like pic above.
there are even pics of v8 right next to gen. I need to find them

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
This is really weird!!!
All pics I’ve seen of v8 blue didn’t look anything like pic above.
there are even pics of v8 right next to gen. I need to find them

Agree, here is a compare shot from RG. Guess which one is the gen.

Noob-GMT-gen-on-bottom.jpg

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Agree, here is a compare shot from RG. Guess which one is the gen.

Noob-GMT-gen-on-bottom.jpg

This is great.
Tells are still cyclops and 18 - you can see line there.
it only confirms that v8 insert is pretty good.
Wish there were more pics.

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
this insert is the same as mine.
Its the lighting

Can you elaborate more on the color being off? I know you posted a pic, but we've seen so many pics of the noob insert with gen that its difficult to tell WHY it is so off. In certain lighting, it looks too light compared to gen, but in other lighting it looks kind of close (and the best we can find right now).

Since you held the two in your hand, can you explain more how the insert is wrong in some lighting but close in other lighting? At the end of the day, its just really hard to look at three dimensional bi-color insert on a computer monitor and tell if it X degrees of difference from the gen

Reactions: KJ2020

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
I think were all just going to endlessly spin our wheels on how much the insert is off...happy to keep deliberating, but were prob just best shutting up and waiting for another factory to do better....or save up for gen.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
ARF should be attempting it soon

Yeah but I don’t believe it will be much better than this Noob v8.
I think I’d be more excited if I heard VRF, or GMF - their root beat is pretty good.

Reactions: KJ2020