• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datejust 36 - DJF vs ARF?

the massakretor

23/8/13
I have a silver DJF bought, QC approved and coming in the mail. As soon as it arrives I will post a lot of pictures. Silver dial. Hopefully customs are soft with me and I should get it next week

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
I have a silver DJF bought, QC approved and coming in the mail. As soon as it arrives I will post a lot of pictures. Silver dial. Hopefully customs are soft with me and I should get it next week

Any troubles with the QC. Curious as to how well DJF does their own QC before sending the watch out.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Finally made the bitcoin payment. What a pain in the a$$. I think I paid more in fees and lost value of bitcoin than I actually saved going that route. Will let you know when I get QC pics and if there are any issues.

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Finally made the bitcoin payment. What a pain in the a$$. I think I paid more in fees and lost value of bitcoin than I actually saved going that route. Will let you know when I get QC pics and if there are any issues.

Lol. Keep us updated :) I'm just waitng for a seller in the EU right now. I just learned going the TD route is taking me too long. I need something within 3 days after i order it :D

Reactions: Tacotuesday

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Lol. Keep us updated :) I'm just waitng for a seller in the EU right now. I just learned going the TD route is taking me too long. I need something within 3 days after i order it :D

I'm hoping it wont take too long. My last 2 orders have came within a week. But the one before that was 3 months sooooooo.

Peter Pan

29/1/13

Looking forward to this very much as I am still undecided between ARF with Jubilee and gen date or DJF with ARF Jubilee and stock date

Adrenix

5/12/18
Has anyone done a comparison yet? I'd be looking for a 'best OOTB' example as this would be a daily beater. Silver colour , blue dial, fluted bezel , jubilee bracelet

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Has anyone done a comparison yet? I'd be looking for a 'best OOTB' example as this would be a daily beater. Silver colour , blue dial, fluted bezel , jubilee bracelet

I plan on doing an in depth review when I get mine with shots compared to Gen. Could compare it to ARF too. Silver dial.

antixx

Horology Curious
4/12/18
Just recieved my two tone YG/SS ARF DJ 36 with the jubilee bracelet.
O3QuxX3

Last edited:
Reactions: Tacotuesday

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13

It does get easier! I recommend

- 1. setting up your bank account as the purchase method (this can be a lengthy process)
- 2. once you get authorisation from coinbase or coin deal or whoever, request the wallet address from your TD
- 3. once you get the address, buy the btc via bank transfer as early in the day as possible and then just keep an eye on coinbase or whoever you use for confirmation they are available for use
- Then as soon as they are available send the payment to the TD without delay

This will ensure your potential losses are as minimal as possible. The fees should be lower than paypal unless you are paying with PayPal balance.

We have been through a particularly turbulent period for bitcoin, don't lose faith though! I use it regularly and much prefer it to paypal once the initial pain is over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
It does get easier! I recommend

- 1. setting up your bank account as the purchase method (this can be a lengthy process)
- 2. once you get authorisation from coinbase or coin deal or whoever, request the wallet address from your TD
- 3. once you get the address, buy the btc via bank transfer as early in the day as possible and then just keep an eye on coinbase or whoever you use for confirmation they are available for use
- Then as soon as they are available send the payment to the TD without delay

This will ensure your potential losses are as minimal as possible. The fees should be lower than paypal unless you are paying with PayPal balance.

We have been through a particularly turbulent period for bitcoin, don't lose faith though! I use it regularly and much prefer it to paypal once the initial pain is over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem is (with coinbase at least), when you buy bitcoin via wire transfer, the transfer itself takes a couple days and then you cant actually send the bitcoin off to another wallet for 14-21 days. So if you bought bitcoin and the value declines you're stuck with the losses.

I was only able to buy the watch using bitcoin because I had originally bought the btc to pay for the ZF Black Bay GMT a couple weeks ago. I ended up paying the fees then not being able to use the funds or even transfer them back into my bank account for 2 weeks. So I ended up paying the fees again to transfer the btc back to cash, but still on coinbase because I could not withdraw.

Then when it came down to buying the watch I had to pay the fees again (3rd time) to transfer my USD to BTC on coinbase and even then I still had to wait a day for the original 14 to clear.

Luckily both times I bought BTC it had a little bump up making up for my last $$$ in fees, but overall it's been going down and I just got lucky.