• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datejust 36 - DJF vs ARF?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...just-36/page62 there are people in this post claiming it is actually rhodiumplated?!?!?

I'm no jewelry expert but this article states that Rhodium plating over SS is a 3 step process, the first step of which is to plate the SS with gold, so again, I don't buy it. Even if it was rhodium plated, that plating wears off in 6 months, why would anyone bother doing it in the first place, let alone a dirty illegal Chinese factory? Hmmm, no...

https://www.hulpfjewelry.com/blog/st...odium-plating/

mrbungle1211

Horology Curious
11/1/19
BP is plated from the inside of one outer link to the inside of the other outer link. I think this is pretty standard.

qYvWL.jpg

All those center links were hollow in the old days

qYQRe.jpg

I never think about either way on the wrist.
​​​
qY17K.jpg

BP is decent IMO. For ~$250, I'm not going to to do anything but wear it. Datewheel is fine as is. SELs are fine too.

qYUmT.jpg

Thanks! I appreciate it!

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
ARF made their new V2 datewheel and it should be coming to the Datejust lineup as well. Looks pretty good from what I've seen.

Luxuracer

Renowned Member
ARF had been saying it for over a year now. Their dw font did not get any better, only worse. Including the current batch of ARF Sub A2824 & SH3135

I am a fan of ARF, but their need to get their dw fix .... :bang:

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
ARF had been saying it for over a year now. Their dw font did not get any better, only worse. Including the current batch of ARF Sub A2824 & SH3135

I am a fan of ARF, but their need to get their dw fix .... :bang:

This is the latest datefont I've seen. How has that gotten any worse? This is WAY better than anything they had before.

Pyramidnation

Horology Curious
14/1/19
Wow, Such a nice thread.

Im looking into buying the datejust 36 MM two tone, Which one is the best right now?
Thank you ppl

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
The thing that stands out (for me anyway) on the bp version is the bezel, the angles of the fluting is not quite right.

Date wheel is fine too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muyr82

Known Member
15/11/18
Pompei (Na)
hi guys i am trying to understand which one is better, the arf or djf. reading all the pages i couldn't decide? there is a big price difference, the arf movement needs to be serviced and the arf datawheel is very bad. what else can you tell me?

GTgamo

12/2/18
Every Where, Earth
hi guys i am trying to understand which one is better, the arf or djf. reading all the pages i couldn't decide? there is a big price difference, the arf movement needs to be serviced and the arf datawheel is very bad. what else can you tell me?

No rep is perfect, they all have flaws or tells. Look at every version that you are considering, compare it to a gen, then decide what imperfections you can live with and order that version..

T&E

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/18
I try to answer. I think if you want a good rep ootb djf is a nice rep, if you want a good base for a franken/genken arf is better than first one

Reactions: Muyr82

the massakretor

23/8/13
I try to answer. I think if you want a good rep ootb djf is a nice rep, if you want a good base for a franken/genken arf is better than first one

Totally second this.

It's like for the ARF Submariner vs Noob v9, if you want an otb/want to franken.

On the DJF more than the crystal or the bracelet, can't mod anything else with good results. On the ARF you can easily put a Dial and DW too.