• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Rolex collection + a gen

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
I've liked reps for a while, but only had Canal St junk type versions up until 6 weeks ago when I discovered this fine forum. I primarily like Rolex, although I do have a couple of PAMs. I have a small wrist and find the Rolex watches I have extremely well balanced and easy to wear, even the DSSD.

IMG_6951.jpg

Not shown above:

Datejust:

IMG_7004.jpg

Daydate:

IMG_7008.jpg

On order:

Explorer II white dial

vfaue1.jpg

Steve McQueen Explorer II

14bp82h.jpg

Gold GMT 50th anniversary green dial

2cckpeh.jpg

Pepsi GMT
24qsfte.jpg

Daytona 6241

2moxl5c.jpg

Milsub 517

11t4l6q.jpg

Group/individual shots:

2cq17gy.jpg

30auq1f.jpg

Spot the gen!

Individual shots
2iuusno.jpg

scxo1u.jpg

sc54s2.jpg

iz3r4k.jpg

IMG_6875.jpg

IMG_6871.jpg

IMG_6957.jpg

That'll complete my collection I think, as I'm not a huge fan of Explorer II and Yachtmaster. That could change though :) EDIT - it did change, and I love my Exp II. YM has an ugly sandy dial unfortunately.

IMG_6956.jpg

IMG_6960-2.jpg

Also here is my first Rolex rep, before I found this forum obviously :lol: I would actually still like it if it didn't have the chronos. My wife hates it when I wear it out, which shows she probably has better taste than me. EDIT - I pulled this apart and broke it in the process.

rszd4j.jpg

And finally, my only gen:

35klhnd.jpg

The sunburst effect is actually quite good, and it is properly waterproof at least (to 200m apparently) so not bad for $80.

All of my collection, apart from the submariner (asia clone from Replicamake $148) are 21J, and cost between $78 - $88. I'm very happy with my collection considering the amount I've spent. Sub, DSSD, Milgauss were all from Lay, and GMT, Explorer plus GMT TT (last two in the mail so unpictured) were from Timeshop. Thanks to everyone on the forum who has answered my noob questions, especially Bonesey.

Thanks for looking. Any comments/questions welcome.

phillycheez

Respected Member
6/6/09
my guess would have been the diamond studded daytona... damn i am so bad at this.

:)

nice collection.

audace

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/11
Nice collection. A few more APs, Hublots & pams and you're nearly there! :)

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
Nice collection. A few more APs, Hublots & pams and you're nearly there! :)
:D +1

Nice collection you have there. And you know, you have to have one ugly item in your collection to really appreciate the beauty of the rest (I'm talking about your bling Daytone, no offense ;) )

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Yeah, the bling Daytona is quite something. I still like it somehow, although don't think it'll get much/any wrist time.

I have a couple of PAMs but find large watches on leather straps a bit uncomfortable compared to bracelets (perhaps the SS bracelets takes some of the weight off?). I'm thinking about getting a Breguet or Patek Phillipe next, but would prefer a small size dress watch. I can't quite understand why many rep dress watches are all 42mm+ and about 13-15mm thick. I guess it's the fashion, but I understand that many gen Patek Philippe come in smaller sizes.

believer123

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/10
Nice collection... you have good taste. You should be very proud!!!

BTW, very nice pics!

Synaptic02

Getting To Know The Place
3/4/09
the quality of the GMTIIC is excellent! where did you source that?

oh, and excellent choices across the board ;)

D

d4m.test

Nice collection, mate!! Good luck with building it up. BTW, that's a nice looking Invicta you have. I have eight of them, and I've never had problems with them; very dependable & nicely built for the money.

dave

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Thanks Dave. It was actually the Invicta that got me into reps and Rolex in the first place. I've had low quality reps since I was a teenager, but assumed the only kind available were all the same relatively low-quality. Then I bought the Invicta from Amazon, and saw a comment referring to replicas. A couple of months, countless hours on this forum, and I've got 7 Rolex reps. But the Invicta is the only one I'll swim in!

D

d4m.test

Me, Too!

I agree about swimming with the Invicta, J. I NEVER go near watch with my reps, regardless of what the Trusted Dealer says; however, I've done swimming with my Pro Divers, and they are good to go in the H-2-O.

dave
:popcorn:

Thanks Dave. It was actually the Invicta that got me into reps and Rolex in the first place. I've had low quality reps since I was a teenager, but assumed the only kind available were all the same relatively low-quality. Then I bought the Invicta from Amazon, and saw a comment referring to replicas. A couple of months, countless hours on this forum, and I've got 7 Rolex reps. But the Invicta is the only one I'll swim in!

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
My Explorer and TT GMT are arrving in the post today, can't wait! I'll post pics when I get them. Next I'm thinking of a green dial gold GMTII, T4D's Yachtmaster, a white-dial Explorer II (although the Steve McQueen appeals also), and probably a quartz Daytona. That should do me for a while. *my wife will murder me if she sees this list*

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
IMG_6875.jpg

IMG_6868.jpg

IMG_6869.jpg

IMG_6870.jpg

Explorer I 39mm

IMG_6871.jpg

forgot to wipe the crystal
IMG_6873.jpg

You can't really tell from the picture (night-time, high iso etc) but the part of the clasp with 'Rolex' engraved is the most gen-like of all my watches - the contrasting grey matte finish etc.

IMG_6872.jpg

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Both look lovely mate! Enjoy them. Crackin photos. Reminds me I need to get some photos on my thread of my LV.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Ok, just the Datejust and DayDate to go (both in the mail). Group shot doesn't show the Explorer II because of the reflection. Color of the Yachtmaster dial is the main letdown, and one of the sub-dials on the Daytona is inaccurate too (also it's a quartz movement).

IMG_6951.jpg

New additions today, I'm most happy with the Explorer II. Doesn't get a lot of love generally, but I can see myself wearing it a lot

IMG_6957.jpg

IMG_6957-2.jpg

IMG_6956.jpg

IMG_6960-2.jpg

A bunch of other pics from experimenting with my camera. Can't wait to get macro extension tubes.

IMG_6970.jpg

IMG_6963.jpg

IMG_6969.jpg

IMG_6966.jpg

IMG_6964.jpg

IMG_6962.jpg

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Thanks :) It's functional in exactly the same way as the gen, but I believe it differs slightly in the method of adjustment - on the gen it adjusts in one hour increments, whereas the GMT hand on the reps is freely adjustable.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
I've updated the first page with a few photos. I'll be doing some macro shots in a couple of weeks when I get extension tubes.

I should say also that the quality of the Explorer II from Timeshop is amazing for the price ($68) - rehaut alignment is perfect which is impressive, as it is on the Daytona I got from them. The Yachtmaster has the nicest bezel quality in terms of movement (bi-directional, super smooth, but perfectly firm) of any rep that I own. Date magnification is also excellent. The dial has a nice texture and sparkle to it, it's just let down by the color. In some light conditions it's actuallly not too bad, but still not very gen-like most of the time.