• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Datejust 36mm Black, Silver or Rhodium Dial?

Stradivarius

Known Member
12/11/17
Hi guys, I'm a newbie from Hamburg, Germany! After doing my homework by wandering around all the newbie topic, I decided to pull the trigger on a Rolex Datejust Steel 36mm with fluted dial on a jubilee bracelet (36 suits my wrist much better than 41). But there are still some question in my mind that I need your warm-welcome help XD:

1. Which dial is better in the perspective of color/quality compared to gen dial? Black, Silver or Rhodium Dial?

2. ARF and BP are the ways to go for a Datejust - after what I read, ARF is better? Any other opinions?

3. TD: After what I read Sead/ SupperMirror is a great TD for the EU. Anyone from Germany or EU could recommend me any other TD who has experience with Datejust from ARF and BP?

4. I saw a lot of you mention the term "servicing" but I dont quite understand what u meant in the context? Is that we alway have to bring our Rep watch to service after directly received it from the dealer?

5. My budget will be around 400-500 Euro. Could I just buy a watch from a TD and it will be good to go? I dont need it to be perfect but 95% similarity is the point.

I'm looking forward for all of your help :3 Many thanks!

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
Gonna pull the trigger on one myself in the next week or so. Ive read arf are the best for these too but they dont release any with diamond markers so it will have to be bp. People on here say the 3135 movements arent reliable as other movements but they are supposed to be silent like gen. Let me know how you get on cheers

Reactions: Stradivarius

T2WVY

Horology Curious
16/10/18
England
Gonna pull the trigger on one myself in the next week or so. Ive read arf are the best for these too but they dont release any with diamond markers so it will have to be bp. People on here say the 3135 movements arent reliable as other movements but they are supposed to be silent like gen. Let me know how you get on cheers

A lot of people have said the 3135 movement isn't that great as they're not reliable. I was looking at the Asian 2824 on 28800 vph. I don't know if this movement is louder? can anyone shed some light? I can also confirm that Sead is a great TD with fast replies.

Reactions: Stradivarius

Stradivarius

Known Member
12/11/17
as far as my research, the SH3135 will work quite reliable if you get it serviced!