Announcement

Collapse

IMAGE SHARING IMPROVEMENT

Use ClickPix.org , an easy way to share your images !
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
See more
See less

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Someone told that he bought only gen crystal without gen dw and he will share pictures,did i something miss?

    Comment


      is there realy a big difference ARF - GEN xtal ?

      Comment


        Originally posted by AMvdSande007 View Post
        So.. I've received the ARF datejust 2 weeks ago. Since a couple of days the watch suddenly loses more than 5 minutes a day and when I don't wear it overnight it stops after 30 mins. Does this need a service? Can't wind it either. When I wind it it resists and stops after 2 winds. Desperate in need of help.
        Contact your TD, this should be covered by them.
        2 weeks is a very short time. it sounds like something that should have been discovered earlier, in QC. Even if it happened suddenly and couldn't be expected, an issue like that, in such a short time should be handled and solved by any fair TD

        This is what I would do anyway, instead of running spending more money and time with modders/local smiths...
        ​​​​

        Comment


          Originally posted by Streetiq View Post

          Contact your TD, this should be covered by them.
          2 weeks is a very short time. it sounds like something that should have been discovered earlier, in QC. Even if it happened suddenly and couldn't be expected, an issue like that, in such a short time should be handled and solved by any fair TD

          This is what I would do anyway, instead of running spending more money and time with modders/local smiths...
          ​​​​
          Tbh it mostly isnt worth sending it back to China due to the customs risk. However, I would certainly say something to your TD because they may offer you some compensation. You'll still have to take it to a watchmaker and pay more, but they'll normally give you around £50 ish back towards the cost of repair. Worth a try though as Streetiq says! But do avoid sending it back to them... if it gets seized by customs you're screwed. And it has to make it's journey twice...

          Comment


            Originally posted by Markus2015 View Post
            is there realy a big difference ARF - GEN xtal ?
            Big difference imho, getting gen crystal changes the whole way you look at the watch, it’s one of the first mods I do with every Rolex that has a cyclops. I guess having a nice datewheel to go with it helps.

            Comment


              https://imgur.com/BgGX5GN

              Gen dial
              Gen crystal
              Gen dw

              Comment


                I'm considering moving to the RZF case. From the pictures it looks like it has more gen like (sharper lugs).

                I think if I can figure out which is the best case/bracelet combo and get the following I will be pretty happy:

                Gen white gold bezel
                Gen crown
                Gen hands

                Either that or I should sell up and buy a gen as this is starting to get expensive and time consuming!

                I have a new grey ARF as I was planning to build that so I will be installing a spare gen dw into this and selling that separately for no more than cost of parts if anyone is interested.
                Last edited by Rolliearf; 21-09-19, 18:50.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Rolliearf View Post
                  https://imgur.com/BgGX5GN

                  Gen dial
                  Gen crystal
                  Gen dw
                  Did you just remove the feet from the dial?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Sonofalich View Post

                    Did you just remove the feet from the dial?
                    No

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Rolliearf View Post
                      https://imgur.com/BgGX5GN

                      Gen dial
                      Gen crystal
                      Gen dw
                      Nice.

                      Did you use gen DWO as overlay?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by stu00a View Post

                        Nice.

                        Did you use gen DWO as overlay?
                        Yes

                        Comment


                          This might be a silly question but I’m trying to understanding if I should upgrade to a gen eta movement.

                          I know it has better “reliability”, but the existing clone movement keeps time just fine. What are the advantages? Is the crown feedback better? I like that the clone has Rolex stamps on it so I’m not sure if I want to install a generic eta movement unless it adds some improvements that I can notice.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Rolliearf View Post
                            https://imgur.com/BgGX5GN

                            Gen dial
                            Gen crystal
                            Gen dw
                            Beutiful!

                            Can you share with us pls, what are your thoughts about the gen silver dial compared to the arf silver dial pls??

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Rolliearf View Post
                              This might be a silly question but I’m trying to understanding if I should upgrade to a gen eta movement.

                              I know it has better “reliability”, but the existing clone movement keeps time just fine. What are the advantages? Is the crown feedback better? I like that the clone has Rolex stamps on it so I’m not sure if I want to install a generic eta movement unless it adds some improvements that I can notice.
                              I dont think if its worth it cuz the most i like on this watch including smooth and nice feel it is movement itself.. after regulation it runs about 7-10 seconds in 10 days which is fu...ing amazing..my watchsmith regulate it and he says that mpvement is like gen and plus it has rolex stamp and rolex rotor... crown is very smooth too,winding etc...

                              Comment


                                I did a quick investigation and looking at the rear of the RZF, the lugs are too short (they should extend past the first link when looking from the back of the case). So unfortunately despite the rounded lugs, the ARF is still the best.

                                So I think at this stage the last mods I would consider are a crown and bezel
                                Last edited by Rolliearf; 21-09-19, 22:53.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X