• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob released 904L Daytona 116500 model

Wraithier

19/6/16
I received my 116500LN on Thursday. I settled for the black dial as Ryan indicated there would be a wait for the white dial. I know the dial is the worst part of the watch in both ceramic versions so I was going to switch it out anyway.

My initial impressions are that the 904L version is fantastic. The SEL on mine are great. I don't notice much difference in the bezel, but of course the fat sub-dials are annoying; but soon to be changed. The movement runs like a champ so far. Very smooth winding.

I'll have to wait to upload pics the site is blocked at work.

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
So far we know that ARF dial and bezel will fit the Noob with a little bit of shaving. We also know that the ARF bracelet might fit the Noob, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I guess a little bit of modding can fix that.

So lets say I get a 904L Noob V2 and an 904L ARF V2.

First step is to put the ARF dial, bezel and bracelet on the Noob. That way we have an 904L Daytona with superclone movement, "correct" dial and bezel, plus gen-feel bracelet.

Could the NOOB dial, bezel and bracelet fit the ARF, so that I have a second complete watch? Has anyone tried something like that? Most probably, the Noob dial is too small for the ARF, since the ARF dial needs shaving to fit the Noob.

Reactions: vcappp

goldman555

Known Member
4/8/16
Can somebody advise where everybody is getting there replacement dials from for the Noob everywhere I'm looking you are talking close to $1000-$1500 for a genuine dial?

To be honest if it slots straight in it's a pretty good deal but surely there must be a cheaper place to get a replacement dial.

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
Can somebody advise where everybody is getting there replacement dials from for the Noob everywhere I'm looking you are talking close to $1000-$1500 for a genuine dial?

To be honest if it slots straight in it's a pretty good deal but surely there must be a cheaper place to get a replacement dial.

Well the prices you see are for gen dials.

If you are referring to the ARF dials, they are dials fitted to the ARF Factory version of this watch. Most watchmakers source them from actual ARF wristwatches that had a dial change (probably to a gen).

There are a few people in the forum that source parts directly from the factories (they are most likely Trusted Dealers that sell watches for those factories). However, since this is a very "hot" watch at the moment and every watch these factories build is already sold, they prefer NOT to sell individual parts as they don't yet know if they have enough or not. Or because they want you to buy a whole watch for the part you want. My guess is that, when the hype about these watches fades away and the demand slows down, they will start giving individual parts to their very good customers, the Trusted Dealers.

The general way to source those dial yourself is to keep an eye on the M2M Sales "Watch Parts And Accessories" subcategory, or PM one of the Trusted Dealers of this forum to see what he has to say.

grandphuba

8/4/18

I've seen a gen 116500 black dial run at about 2000USD. I've been told that the white dial is for replacement only e.g. have the RSC replace your gen black dial with a white one for a fee.

grandphuba

8/4/18
Can you guys share your opinions on the following:

1. I know the 120 tachy marker usually don't align with the 6 o'clock hour marker, but I believe the bezel is still misaligned counter clockwise since even the 60, 80, and 240 are shifted to the left.

2. If it is, can anyone confirm that realigning the bezel is a trivial task, and as such doesn't warrant red flagging this watch?

3. Also, I wasn't provided with lume shots, should I be asking for some or is it standard not to receive any?

4. Any idea what that blemish is on the tachy/bezel between the 160 and 200 markers? I'd like to think they're just reflections but they're visible in 3 photos

I'd appreciate any opinions on other aspects of the watch, but so far these 4 are what stood up to me.

Thanks!

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
For some reason that qc looks like it doesnt have fat subdials

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

grandphuba

8/4/18
TD said I was nitpicking, and asked me not to especially for such a watch in short supply. I understand that and that's why while I do think the dial and bezel markers suck ass, I don't complain about it since I know that comes with the Noob watches.

I'm asking here if those flaws (misalignment and blemish between 200 to 160 markers) I identified with the bezel can easily be fixed locally and as such don't warrant a red flag.

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
TD said I was nitpicking, and asked me not to especially for such a watch in short supply. I understand that and that's why while I do think the dial and bezel markers suck ass, I don't complain about it since I know that comes with the Noob watches.

I'm asking here if those flaws (misalignment and blemish between 200 to 160 markers) I identified with the bezel can easily be fixed locally and as such don't warrant a red flag.

This is gonna sound strange, but if you want an almost perfect watch, I would recommend picking up an ARF. All of ARF's parts (dial, bezel, bracelet, SEL, etc) are much better, except for the movement obviously. I bought a Noob V2 904L & an ARF V2 904L at the same time (to combine both worlds) but the noob just sits in the box after wearing it once. Can't stand the fat subdials and the hard bracelet, let alone the bezel.

grandphuba

8/4/18
This is gonna sound strange, but if you want an almost perfect watch, I would recommend picking up an ARF. All of ARF's parts (dial, bezel, bracelet, SEL, etc) are much better, except for the movement obviously. I bought a Noob V2 904L & an ARF V2 904L at the same time (to combine both worlds) but the noob just sits in the box after wearing it once. Can't stand the fat subdials and the hard bracelet, let alone the bezel.

Actually I plan on modding the noob with an ARF bezel and dial, so my "nitpicking" might be moot after all, but I still need to source an ARF and until then I'll have to use the Noob unmodded, hence my concerns with the QC pics.

hm11esh

4/9/18
Hi guys,.

Just after a second opinion on this QC.

The 3 hour markers looks slightly crooked
Mark on bezel near 9 looks weird or is it a fingerprint. Can't see it in other pics.

I don't know if the dial is v2.2 so help would be appreciated
2ac8d2b30e1edecd2ee1f82d91e08d49.jpg
b694b420d7b66b066b540e2fa8695c5f.jpg

Sent from my noob v9.5

hm11esh

4/9/18
Hi guys,.

Just after a second opinion on this QC.

The 3 hour markers looks slightly crooked

Mark on bezel near 9 looks weird or is it a fingerprint. Can't see it in other pics.

SEL at top left looks like there is a gap or maybe it's a shadow?

I don't know if the dial is v2.2 so help would be appreciated
f31728b27b96316919b3682ca0c1f14b.jpg
acb58e5c9f45203632c27834021a6d89.jpg

Sent from my noob v9.5

hm11esh

4/9/18
Sorry for the double post. My Tapatalk crashed

Sent from my noob v9.5