• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The dedicated 5513 appreciation thread.

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
76099a4aa9d9cfc0c6bba7c74ef286d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice indeed but please put a pip/pearl in the bezel asap.

It's crying out for it!

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
His watch, his preference wouldn't you think

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

My 'polite' opinion & my comment.

This is a watch site and not your patch of grass to police people.

Have some manners and know your place on a site that you're not the owner.

rwacc

Known Member
17/1/21
My 'polite' opinion & my comment.

This is a watch site and not your patch of grass to police people.

Have some manners and know your place on a site that you're not the owner.

You... wrote this as a reply to a literal mod (who hardly "policed" you). Hahahaha
More seriously, the mods here do a ton of work as upkeep, so some deference is appropriate, wouldn't you think

Take it easy man, this is a fun hobby

Last edited:
Reactions: deadpan

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
You... wrote this as a reply to a literal mod (who hardly "policed" you). Hahahaha
More seriously, the mods here do a ton of work as upkeep, so some deference is appropriate, wouldn't you think

Take it easy man, this is a fun hobby

Yes, I too want it to be fun & I post accordingly.

If I get uptight it's because somebody &/or a mod 'appears' to over react because they don't 'feel' good for some reason as there's no evidence of me being troublesome.

When I'm a dick or a cock they should crucify me but until then I haven't deserved any BS from people.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Yes, I too want it to be fun & I post accordingly.

If I get uptight it's because somebody &/or a mod 'appears' to over react because they don't 'feel' good for some reason as there's no evidence of me being troublesome.

When I'm a dick or a cock they should crucify me but until then I haven't deserved any BS from people.

Please find another high horse. This and the 16613 are my favourite threads on the forum, I would prefer if this thread did not turn into a helpful criticism thread, such as nice watch but............ . I know T3RM1N4T0R is a big 5513 fan as I sold him my "Live and let Die" and he has given years of service to benefit this community. You will find a lot of vintage watches without bezel pips.

So please post a wristie of a 5513 or a 5512 or even a 1680 or just enjoy the eye candy and quit arguing on this thread. Thank you.

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
Please find another high horse. This and the 16613 are my favourite threads on the forum, I would prefer if this thread did not turn into a helpful criticism thread, such as nice watch but............ . I know T3RM1N4T0R is a big 5513 fan as I sold him my "Live and let Die" and he has given years of service to benefit this community. You will find a lot of vintage watches without bezel pips.

So please post a wristie of a 5513 or a 5512 or even a 1680 or just enjoy the eye candy and quit arguing on this thread. Thank you.

I'm not on my high horse & I'm being polite & honest here, I thought forums supported two way conversation and allowed comments & opinions?

I have zero problem if this thread & some others were closed to any replies/comments.

If all you could do was post pics & info I have zero problems with that but I do ask I'm told this upfront.

I do enjoy the eye candy and nowhere did I argue or put a person's watch down, I responded to being taken out of context & 'put down'.

As they say, walk a mile in my shoes & appreciate my position.

I've said my final piece so I will now bow out.

ChaiMeng

Horology Curious
28/11/19
Macao
455fb719e65002538bb8a930a69b54f4.jpg

I’m looking for a better matte MK III dial, any suggestions _:(´ཀ`」 ∠):
Or maybe should go gen..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: C Master

rwacc

Known Member
17/1/21

Wow, did you buy the dial and hands together? Or did you have to match the hands? In which case they match really well.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Wow, did you buy the dial and hands together? Or did you have to match the hands? In which case they match really well.

tripdog built this one. Dial came first as far as I know, then he used his genius to match the hands. That man has a real gift.