• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF SD43 126600 Review and Photos

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
ARF SD43 126600 V2 Review

I have had this watch for a few months now and it has had a lot of wrist time.

Let me start by saying . This is a great watch. Nitpicking aside I really don't see how it can get much better than this.

It seems we have already reached the stage in this game where the differences between a great Rep like this and a gen are barely above the perceivable variations between Gen and Gen .

904L steel. Nice thing for the watch to have on it's CV But you are not going to notice this. If your mate down the pub has a portable spectrometer, it will show up as containing the correct elemental mix but it looks the same as 316L Academically I guess it is nice to have.

Movement. Very reliable and bullet proof 2824 Nice that the gen has counter clockwise Keyless function So that for once a 2824 in a Sport Rolex functions as Gen. Rotor quiet Keyless smooth Running at an excellent daily rate with strong Amp.

Bracelet is excellent Clasp could be better, but I am nitpicking. Blindfold I couldn't tell this bracelet from the average Gen So it feels right. Visually it is spot on

SEL I would say within the variation of Gen to Gen.

Bezel; Action could be better, it is a little easy to turn. The bezel looks great. The edges could be smoother, However the shine on the ceramic, the engraving depth and font is great. It looks gen like in low light and daylight. Being hypercritical the bezel pip is a few microns oversize.

Dial is frankly amazing and the Red is perfect. Markers as always could be a bit more rounded at the edges . Hands are as good as any Rep I have seem. Can see they are not gen with a x10 loupe and plenty of experience. Otherwise all is good on dial and hands.

Crystal and black hole, less than perfect but the best I have seen on any Rep.

DWO they have now got right. Mag on the cyclops is great on mine and from what I have seen generally within Gen to Gen variation on others.

Weight is within a few grams of gen weight.

People will look at photos and add to their impression of this watch a fantasy of how good the Gen they have never owned will be, they will therefore apply a huge negative from the start.

However If you are not planning to do any deep diving (I am sure it will be fine in a swimming pool, mine is) I can't see the point in buying a Gen.

This watch will never be called out. It is as good as it gets. In practical terms it really isn't going to get better than this.

What we need now in the Rep world is movement and and complication progress. It is happening already and therefore a very exciting place to be right now

Buy this watch you will not be disappointed . It is IMHO a Super REP

SOME PHOTOS

43393615582_b976d3b773_b.jpg

41573432671_1543727f3d_b.jpg

27703957518_aec339057b_b.jpg

40681016115_9dc0ff11e4_b.jpg

41532836222_5f08b9dd29_b.jpg

40681008885_7ef89daa39_b.jpg

40681005395_4578d86b22_b.jpg

41606231042_07731ff013_b.jpg

26866034007_08b250ec9e_b.jpg

Last edited:

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
Wow nice pics and thanks for sharing your thoughts on this beautiful ARF SD43

Koric

Known Member
4/6/18
Damn, you have a huge wrist. That watch looks tiny! I just got mine 2 days ago.

GregH

Known Member
25/6/18
ARF SD43 126600 V2 Review

I have had this watch for a few months now and it has had a lot of wrist time.

Let me start by saying . This is a great watch. Nitpicking aside I really don't see how it can get much better than this.

It seems we have already reached the stage in this game where the differences between a great Rep like this and a gen are barely above the perceivable variations between Gen and Gen .

904L steel. Nice thing for the watch to have on it's CV But you are not going to notice this. If your mate down the pub has a portable spectrometer, it will show up as containing the correct elemental mix but it looks the same as 316L Academically I guess it is nice to have.

Movement. Very reliable and bullet proof 2824 Nice that the gen has counter clockwise Keyless function So that for once a 2824 in a Sport Rolex functions as Gen. Rotor quiet Keyless smooth Running at an excellent daily rate with strong Amp.

Bracelet is excellent Clasp could be better, but I am nitpicking. Blindfold I couldn't tell this bracelet from the average Gen So it feels right. Visually it is spot on

SEL I would say within the variation of Gen to Gen.

Bezel; Action could be better, it is a little easy to turn. The bezel looks great. The edges could be smoother, However the shine on the ceramic, the engraving depth and font is great. It looks gen like in low light and daylight. Being hypercritical the bezel pip is a few microns oversize.

Dial is frankly amazing and the Red is perfect. Markers as always could be a bit more rounded at the edges . Hands are as good as any Rep I have seem. Can see they are not gen with a x10 loupe and plenty of experience. Otherwise all is good on dial and hands.

Crystal and black hole, less than perfect but the best I have seen on any Rep.

DWO they have now got right. Mag on the cyclops is great on mine and from what I have seen generally within Gen to Gen variation on others.

Weight is within a few grams of gen weight.

People will look at photos and add to their impression of this watch a fantasy of how good the Gen they have never owned will be, they will therefore apply a huge negative from the start.

However If you are not planning to do any deep diving (I am sure it will be fine in a swimming pool, mine is) I can't see the point in buying a Gen.

This watch will never be called out. It is as good as it gets. In practical terms it really isn't going to get better than this.

What we need now in the Rep world is movement and and complication progress. It is happening already and therefore a very exciting place to be right now

Buy this watch you will not be disappointed . It is IMHO a Super REP
[/IMG2]

Great review, now i want one!:D

Greg76

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/7/18
Great review!! I have the same model and it's amazing. The only issue is the Bezel assembly is poor. It moves and clicks up and down if you touch any edge, even slightly. Other than that it's trully brilliant. - And in terms of time keeping, it loses 6 seconds per week. Pretty damn good!

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Thanks timnic54 this is a great review and great pics!!! I am thinking Omagad will have what he needs to determine the NWBIG status of this super rep!!! I love my SD43 V2, it's beautiful!!!

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Surely not with the bezel click issue?

I wouldn't call it an issue. It clicks nicely and turns smooth with no play. It is not super tight to turn, which I would say is normal once a watch is worn and used for a while. The bezel turn on my SD43 is the best of any rep I have ever had. Including my subs (V6S, TC, etc.)

NewbyUK

16/3/17
Great review! This is my next purchase I think. I have a Noob V7 sub but this looks different class. Not sure I can pull off the size of the Sea Dweller but I want to find out!

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Bezel on mine is great. Any rep can have a kooky bezel from time to time - the TD should sort that out by not sending it. It's disappearance on that consensual list is of little importance. The list has more flaws than this watch.

Reactions: Bezelover

Lexx22

Known Member
20/5/18
East Coast
I just got mine yesterday and immediately drove to a friends who has the gen. I'm no expert but looks are dead on. The bezel movement is the one issue it moves easily just not solid like the gen. The 904L is spot on but there is a silky smooth feeling on the gen I just don't get on the rep. I mean the movement of the links it's smooth and soft on the gen. The xtal if possible will be replaced hopefully with a gen. Otherwise then that it's the best out of the box. Love it...

tribal

Renowned Member
27/3/06
Germany
I just got mine yesterday and immediately drove to a friends who has the gen. I'm no expert but looks are dead on. The bezel movement is the one issue it moves easily just not solid like the gen. The 904L is spot on but there is a silky smooth feeling on the gen I just don't get on the rep. I mean the movement of the links it's smooth and soft on the gen. The xtal if possible will be replaced hopefully with a gen. Otherwise then that it's the best out of the box. Love it...
If you have a loose Bezel and not good clicking you can pop it off stretch the tiny metalsprings a bit. After that the Bezel turns much better.