• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Sure, here you go !
3Voeo.jpg

markfisher

25/9/18
Italy
Anyway even from the front you can spot an ARF dial from the border (thicker) and from the “ROLEX” font

Reactions: jcher

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Anyone running into an issue with the screw down pushers for the chrono function on the noob coming unscrewed/loose without realizing it? Just makes me a little nervous that I’ll wash my hands and not realize that’s it’s unscrewed and get water in. Any thoughts on how to correct this? I thought about the purple (lowest strength) loctite

I had the opposite happen to my ARF Daytona, the crown was impossible to unscrew and after some messing around I had to remove the rubber seal in order to be able to unscrew the crown freely.

markfisher

25/9/18
Italy
If this is brand new, then it is a good price. ADs are offering on two tones up to 30% discount, they are happy if they find a buyer. All Daytonas loose money, not the SS 116500 and 116520. These 4 watches are in investment.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Here in Italy the two tone (new from AD) is at full price, if you can find it.

PsychoTee16

-- Watchmaker --
Supporter
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/3/12
California - Bay Area
If you all don’t mind me asking....would anyone be willing to share how much the ARF Bezel, Dial, and gasket are from an AD?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I have measured its diameter and it is less than 29 mm - shouldn't ARF's dial be 29,6mm?

The ARF V1 dials are indeed 29.6mm Are you sure you are measuring correctly, are you using digital calipers?

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
The ARF V1 dials are indeed 29.6mm Are you sure you are measuring correctly, are you using digital calipers?

Probably not as I don't have the adequate tools :/

Unfortunately, it is difficult for me to tell the dials apart since the "ARF's" sub-dials on the version I've received are the same as the Noob's

30HRh.jpg

grandphuba

8/4/18
Anyone running into an issue with the screw down pushers for the chrono function on the noob coming unscrewed/loose without realizing it? Just makes me a little nervous that I’ll wash my hands and not realize that’s it’s unscrewed and get water in. Any thoughts on how to correct this? I thought about the purple (lowest strength) loctite

Interested in this, but don't worry too much about it. The screw down locks don't really provide any water resistance, they are only there to prevent the pushers from being pushed. The gasket that resists the water from coming in is on the case itself.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19

Hello guys im new in this forum and i bought this beauty of watch..daytona ceramic bezel from arf v2.... i really like this built quality and this second only working chrono is not problem for me.. one and only problem for me and i didnt saw this on qc pictures is SEL ... ill post pictures bellow... i saw other arf daytonas on web and i saw that their sels are almost perfect..can i somehow solve this problem or i must learn live with it??? Tnx in advance guys

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06

Hello guys im new in this forum and i bought this beauty of watch..daytona ceramic bezel from arf v2.... i really like this built quality and this second only working chrono is not problem for me.. one and only problem for me and i didnt saw this on qc pictures is SEL ... ill post pictures bellow... i saw other arf daytonas on web and i saw that their sels are almost perfect..can i somehow solve this problem or i must learn live with it??? Tnx in advance guys

That is not an easy mod, I would try to get a new bracelet or live with it.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Reactions: Bobi01

Bobi01

2/2/19
Thank you very much for reply ... so you sure it is a end link problem not the case lugs?? If its end link problem where i can buy new arf v2 only bracelet?? And do you know what is the price?

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Thank you very much for reply ... so you sure it is a end link problem not the case lugs?? If its end link problem where i can buy new arf v2 only bracelet?? And do you know what is the price?

I think also, it is a Endlink problem. Case seems ok from the pictures.
You can ask your TD, from where you bought the watch.

Or you can ask Intime, they sell it separate --> Link: https://www.intime03.co/rollie/4043-daytona-116520-arf-1-1-best-edition-904l-ss-bracelet.html

Reactions: Bobi01

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Probably not as I don't have the adequate tools :/

Unfortunately, it is difficult for me to tell the dials apart since the "ARF's" sub-dials on the version I've received are the same as the Noob's

The ARF subdial white index lines touch the inner subdial ring like the gen. The Noob white index lines do not, they "float" in the black subdial rings

ARF dial is on top

XxrY3.jpg

7hQP0.jpg

Reactions: jcher

Bobi01

2/2/19

Thank you again... i will think about it because i need to pay again much money so i think better to save it for another watch...it was first time i buying like this replica and i didnt know what to look on qc.. overral very nice watch..