• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona 4130 arrived

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
Just that shitty bezel to go and you're all set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In this pic it has ARF bezel V2 already installed and trust me that the font it’s miles better than stock Noob. Obviously, gen bezel it’s gen bezel, but are 50/60€ vs. 600/1000€ :)

Reactions: ssouthall6

ssouthall6

10/10/13
In this pic it has ARF bezel V2 already installed and trust me that the font it’s miles better than stock Noob. Obviously, gen bezel it’s gen bezel, but are 50/60€ vs. 600/1000€ :)

I typed that on the train last night without being able to open the picture, having looked closer you're right, the font is far closer to one of the 6 variations of gen steel bezels I've seen. The only issue with the ARF steel bezel is the profile but it would not be an issue to me. Great job

Reactions: KJ2020

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Here are 3 comparsion pictures for dials: Noob vs ARF
Noob = left / ARF = right OR Noob = UP / ARF = Below

Dial_vs_Noob_ARF_1.jpg

Dial_vs_Noob_ARF_2.jpg

Dial_vs_Noob_ARF_3.jpg

As you can see, the ARF text print is better when you compare both. Also the thickness of the subdials is much more accurate at the ARF dial.
I am now not sure if I order also a BP dial (white dial) for a 116500 ....

But in my opinion, lukko did the right decision with the BP dial. This looks really good!! :)

Reactions: vcappp and KJ2020

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
about the quality of the case and waterproof, today gone to my smith to check the movement and made a correction on the balance and parts of link of the anchor, the balance had a complete perfect movement, that mean it hit each part, thinking was good, but in fact not, the balance gear could note made a 360°, so he take it of, with the anchor and made a little modification on the part remaining the anchor to correct the movement of the balance gear.
So now good balance and correction of time, 3 seconde per day, overall the movement is very good, no dust, well Lub. Decide to correct alignement of the bezel too, 120, right now perfect too, change glass of display case back by a saphir glass one, my display case back was not in saphir glass!
and at last waterproof test in slow pression and depression, why, because all the water trouble appear in slow pression and depression, not in full pressure, so first test with the crown unscrew, as it is a triple lock one, even unscrew it have to succeed and at least succeed, second test crown screw to 10 ATM at 0 during 15 minutes on depression, test succeed too.
this case is well built and the triple lock crown too, it is a good surprise, so with gaskets Lub no problem to swim with even dive :)

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp and KJ2020

Jxwatch1

Supporter
Certified
3/10/18
Here are 3 comparsion pictures for dials: Noob vs ARF
Noob = left / ARF = right OR Noob = UP / ARF = Below

Dial_vs_Noob_ARF_1.jpg

Dial_vs_Noob_ARF_2.jpg

Dial_vs_Noob_ARF_3.jpg

As you can see, the ARF text print is better when you compare both. Also the thickness of the subdials is much more accurate at the ARF dial.
I am now not sure if I order also a BP dial (white dial) for a 116500 ....

But in my opinion, lukko did the right decision with the BP dial. This looks really good!! :)

Very nice comparison! Thanks

kerstin08

Known Member
20/5/17
How works the movement? Need the movement a little or a big service? Like the SH-models

Marius13

23/9/14
Albania
That looks amazing. The black dial looks great. Did you change the gasket also, or did you use the rep one ?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
I can't seem to find a gen gasket on the bay - where are you guys sourcing it from ? Thanks!

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
That looks amazing. The black dial looks great. Did you change the gasket also, or did you use the rep one ?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gen crystal came with 2 gaskets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Regarding SEL fitment. I tried on GEN Daytona and their is QC faults on it like some reps. I'll attach a picture of the clasp where it is clearly seen that the right side of it doesn't fit perfectly. This doesn't happen only.on this example but on many gens also and the SEL'S aren't perfect either on some gens like the clasp on this one. So I think the SEL aren't a problem in the NOOB.
d168ea44db7af07a1430024cc3a5e0a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Regarding SEL fitment. I tried on GEN Daytona and their is QC faults on it like some reps. I'll attach a picture of the clasp where it is clearly seen that the right side of it doesn't fit perfectly. This doesn't happen only.on this example but on many gens also and the SEL'S aren't perfect either on some gens like the clasp on this one. So I think the SEL aren't a problem in the NOOB.
d168ea44db7af07a1430024cc3a5e0a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This forum ruined gens for me lol , finding the things we scrutinise on reps seemed to be given even less thought by Rolex QC department...