• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona 4130 arrived

Time87

Known Member
26/6/16
Big thank you to Andrew at Trusty for his great service as always

I have been waiting some time for this. In the waiting process I have seen quite a few photos and heard much criticism.

Many of the photos are of the Gold case model and therefore not representative as the cases are completely different.
I believe also many of the photos have been of very early production and pre production models. I think during the months that these have been trickling out to the TDs there have been some improvements along the way
I say this because on the one I have just received , I see little validation for much of the criticism I have been reading.

Firstly in principal the watch is revolutionary. It is a seriously complicated column wheel , vertical clutch chronograph. It is faithfully replicated and functions in exactly the same way as the gen movement. I received the watch yesterday and took it straight to my watch smith. He took the movement out and inspected it. He knows the 4130 well.

He was truly amazed to see this movement and said that the level of finish was not very far behind the original movement. Different but not seriously inferior. He maintains without measurement to verify, that the majority of parts will be interchangeable. Yes the balance is different, but then why put a free sprung balance in a watch which doesn't need it. They are only more accurate if they are set up perfectly by a very experienced watchmaker or as I suspect in the case of Rolex, by a machine. So no benefit in that.

What is so valuable about producing the clone 4130 in this way is that a column wheel vertical clutch chronograph doesn't work like a modular chrono nor a cam operated lateral clutch chrono. Therefore any rep without this movement will not feel the same at all.
Also by this replication we not only have a Dayton rep which functions and feels like the gen, we have correct thickness and a power reserve of over 70 hours

To say this is a breakthrough in the rep world would be a major understatement.

I believe it is reasonable to say that the rep world, being the highly free market competitive world that it is, will from here on up its game to the bar which Noob have massively lifted.

To the watch.

No it isn't perfect. It is a rep and reps never are, especially when we assault them with pro lighting and super Hi def 36 MP full frame cameras and present cropped photos showing the watch at up to 5 times its actual size.

The dial is great but not perfect. The case IMHO is as good as it gets If you are SEL obsessed they are good If you are not they are perfect.

The main thing is that the watch doesn't feel significantly different from a gen. I have owned 6 or 7 Gen 4130 Daytonas as well as a couple of Zenith driven Daytonas.
Wearing and operating this Noob, does not feel significantly different.

Here are some quick photos They can speak for the watch. I will take more over time and bore you all with them be assured.

Frankly Hat off to Noob . A great job and a fantastic advancement in the art.

29509583138_11537fba9c_b.jpg

42663165394_f219ee4286_b.jpg

28510246247_8e0cfe038e_b.jpg

29509518008_a975de9a52_b.jpg

29509525578_2f067516d5_b.jpg

42475436855_957d7523b0_b.jpg

42663720494_0321467839_b.jpg

Edit; Correct view of case profile

43436146411_f65b1202d4_b.jpg

Hi, what's the reference number for this model?
any link from the TD site?
would like to get this :)

The Alchemy Index

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/6/15
Does anyone know if the ARF bezel fits the noob? This is for SS 116520

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
Why is the two tick dial a obvious tell? I’m sure some gen dials have this?

All 116500 have two tick dials. Most late model 116520 have 1 tick

To be period correct the 116520 version by Noob should be a 1 tick dial. It would seem they are using the 2 tick dial (correct in the 116500) in both models.

Reactions: KJ2020

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
What is meant with two tick dial??
Cannot find anything about this.

can somenoe explain or post a comparison picture?

Highly appreciated

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Bracelet feels great . There is only 2 gms difference between this and the Gen.

What does "2 gms" mean? I acquired a noob bracelet from the first batch, and it feels really cheap. Does the new bracelet compare to the ARF bracelet?

Watchtrader93

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/1/17
Anyone know which TD has 116520's? my regulars are out of stock.

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
What does "2 gms" mean? I acquired a noob bracelet from the first batch, and it feels really cheap. Does the new bracelet compare to the ARF bracelet?

2 grams

I don't have an ARF Daytona But the quality of the strap compares well with The ARF SD43 (904L) and is better than the JF 114300 . 9 (JF and ARF same)

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Where can I buy ARF bezel if it does fit?

You can't. You need to buy both models, swap the best bits off the ARF onto the noob and then sell the donor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goldman555

Known Member
4/8/16
I received my box today from Chazing very smooth transaction and highly recommended dealer.

I've always wanted a fully functional Daytona rather than one with the not moving hands.

From the looks point of view the watch is an amazing replica of the original it really is starting to get frightening how close these replicas are getting from a looks point of view. The winders are also very smooth and close to genuine.

Unfortunately, in hand you can instantly tell this is a replica the strap from Noob is pretty poor quality it is nowhere near not even close to genuine although you wouldn't be able to tell that easily on the wrist. It just appears pretty badly made.

The worst bit is the rotor it is very clunky and you can hear a clicking as well as the rotor moving. This is a huge shame from my point of view but I guess a quick service and oiling should improve this problem.

I usually per Everest straps on my watches and this usually makes the watch look far more legitimate than it does with the replica oyster bands. The problem with oyster bands is that Rolex put so much effort into engineering these this is the part that is virtually impossible to replicate I've never seen an oyster bracelet anywhere close to genuine.

All of that said if you're buying this thinking you are going to get a one-on-one replica you're not.

But it is by far the best Daytona replica I have seen ever from the looks point of view and the movement does work correctly. So if you do get called out you can smugly show the hands moving.

In summary on wrist I think anybody would find it very hard to tell this watches replica. In hand you will immediately get found out largely because of the bracelet.

At least they are making proper replicas now with the correct thickness and correct movement/functionality so it is a major leap forward.

I will post pictures when I get my Everest strap

Doc brown

Supporter
Certified
1/11/17
I received my box today from Chazing very smooth transaction and highly recommended dealer.

I've always wanted a fully functional Daytona rather than one with the not moving hands.

From the looks point of view the watch is an amazing replica of the original it really is starting to get frightening how close these replicas are getting from a looks point of view. The winders are also very smooth and close to genuine.

Unfortunately, in hand you can instantly tell this is a replica the strap from Noob is pretty poor quality it is nowhere near not even close to genuine although you wouldn't be able to tell that easily on the wrist. It just appears pretty badly made.

The worst bit is the rotor it is very clunky and you can hear a clicking as well as the rotor moving. This is a huge shame from my point of view but I guess a quick service and oiling should improve this problem.

I usually per Everest straps on my watches and this usually makes the watch look far more legitimate than it does with the replica oyster bands. The problem with oyster bands is that Rolex put so much effort into engineering these this is the part that is virtually impossible to replicate I've never seen an oyster bracelet anywhere close to genuine.

All of that said if you're buying this thinking you are going to get a one-on-one replica you're not.

But it is by far the best Daytona replica I have seen ever from the looks point of view and the movement does work correctly. So if you do get called out you can smugly show the hands moving.

In summary on wrist I think anybody would find it very hard to tell this watches replica. In hand you will immediately get found out largely because of the bracelet.

At least they are making proper replicas now with the correct thickness and correct movement/functionality so it is a major leap forward.

I will post pictures when I get my Everest strap

Thank you for the honest advice. I am in the process of buying one of these next month and it gives me something to think about, even though it is a rep that is a fraction of the price but it still lets me know what I am buying and not getting disappointed. Please let me know how the movement holds up as this is my main concern. It's a mixed bag I know considering these are hit and miss in terms of reliability where quality will vary from 1 to another in production batches regarding movement, but my only worry is the longevity of the movement which no one will be able to a-test too, considering its still very new. I do know of 2 DOA's on repgeek where they also mentioned rust and too much oil in the movement. Where I live to service a watch of this calibre I was quoted $800. So this is why I'm really trying to keep my eyes on current owners who actually own the watch. But even that I suppose will not avail the quality of the actual one I receive, but I can only hope for the best.

mui.richard

Renowned Member
16/10/14
Thank you for the honest advice. I am in the process of buying one of these next month and it gives me something to think about, even though it is a rep that is a fraction of the price but it still lets me know what I am buying and not getting disappointed. Please let me know how the movement holds up as this is my main concern. It's a mixed bag I know considering these are hit and miss in terms of reliability where quality will vary from 1 to another in production batches regarding movement, but my only worry is the longevity of the movement which no one will be able to a-test too, considering its still very new. I do know of 2 DOA's on repgeek where they also mentioned rust and too much oil in the movement. Where I live to service a watch of this calibre I was quoted $800. So this is why I'm really trying to keep my eyes on current owners who actually own the watch. But even that I suppose will not avail the quality of the actual one I receive, but I can only hope for the best.
Wow, $800 for a service eh...just last week I was quoted $300 for the service and another $200 for a gen LEC crystal.

Anyhow, the rotor in mine wasn't making any excessive noise so I'm skipping the full service this time. Maybe when it starts to misbehave.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

goldman555

Known Member
4/8/16
Anyhow, I've now had the back off to find out what all the noise was about. One of the screws has sheared off and was rattling around in the case causing the rotor to jam I have removed the offending broken screw. It does not appear to have affected the performance of the watch. One has to question the QC process because this would not have happened in transit.

Don't get me wrong this type of thing is par for the course when buying reps. I've bought much more expensive reps and they've been complete rubbish.

Now that I have had a look at the interior it is an incredible movement.

I am testing it for accuracy now and it is pretty damn good. Similar to the later version Noob ARF Sub Mariners if I were Rolex I would be starting to be a little bit worried apart from the fact that the oyster bracelets are completely rubbish but if you replace the bracelet these things are getting very close to genuine.

in the rep world a fully functioning 4130 based version of the ceramic Daytona represents fantastic value for money considering this watch is regularly going for over $20,000 in the retail market. Not to mention the fact that if you walk into a Rolex boutique and ask for a stainless steel Daytona they will laugh at you and point at you like you have some sort of mental illness(I actually think this is part of Rolex training).

So in summary apart from a rattling screw which doesn't appear to affect the functioning of the watch. I know there are some real aficionados on here who talk about solid end links et cetera but put a quality strap on it like an Everest or a rubber b et cetera. You are not going to get called out with this watch it's very close. Very very close.

Doc brown

Supporter
Certified
1/11/17
Anyhow, I've now had the back off to find out what all the noise was about. One of the screws has sheared off and was rattling around in the case causing the rotor to jam I have removed the offending broken screw. It does not appear to have affected the performance of the watch. One has to question the QC process because this would not have happened in transit.

Don't get me wrong this type of thing is par for the course when buying reps. I've bought much more expensive reps and they've been complete rubbish.

Now that I have had a look at the interior it is an incredible movement.

I am testing it for accuracy now and it is pretty damn good. Similar to the later version Noob ARF Sub Mariners if I were Rolex I would be starting to be a little bit worried apart from the fact that the oyster bracelets are completely rubbish but if you replace the bracelet these things are getting very close to genuine.

in the rep world a fully functioning 4130 based version of the ceramic Daytona represents fantastic value for money considering this watch is regularly going for over $20,000 in the retail market. Not to mention the fact that if you walk into a Rolex boutique and ask for a stainless steel Daytona they will laugh at you and point at you like you have some sort of mental illness(I actually think this is part of Rolex training).

So in summary apart from a rattling screw which doesn't appear to affect the functioning of the watch. I know there are some real aficionados on here who talk about solid end links et cetera but put a quality strap on it like an Everest or a rubber b et cetera. You are not going to get called out with this watch it's very close. Very very close.

Thanks keep us updated. I will most likely purchase it and just hope that it doesn't need too much work. If it does, I'm going on holidays to singapore in dec so I might try to find a watch smith there. I wold assume it would be cheaper. In Australia its just to much.

Hakai

11/6/18
Anubiis

Also you might want to consider the following:

​​​​​​That you buy a rep for a friction of the price which will in the end still has a huge value. What I say is, you get a lot of watch for a couple of bucks compared to gen brands like Seiko, tissot, Rolex, etc....

You get a superb look, fully functional Chrono, and really good brushing, finishing and the bracelet might not be like gen but trust me ootb it's still better than regular watch bands for watches with the same value.

So in the end you can't buy a better watch imo what the Chinese factory is offering is a good deal.

But let's run a little mind game:
Assume noob arf etc produces in the sweet Switzerland, I stead of sweatshop conconditions. Probably some x 100% increase in the wage Wich will be a premium on the price

Second: marketing cost of company, just assume how much Rolex is investing in commercials and their athletes, ambassadors etc... Gives a huge premium on the actual price.

Price upgrade for being a premium brand (which is a not intrinsic parameter)

the premium of.putting into an AD Noob shop ...

And you will have a huge upgrade on what the watch would be worth in real life.

So get the watch and get it serviced and you will be good. Its a lot of watch for your money. Or else buy a skx.

​​​​​​If you don't trust the reliability, might considered getting a different Rolex, like a sea dweller or the sub with a 2836 which is super reliable even without service, and even if it break just get a gen età for 100-200$ and the watch will outlive you.

Cheers!

​​​​

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
any word on when the 904 noob version is coming ? once it does am in