• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Seems that Noob 904L "V2" is getting new black dial:

SeJYs.jpg

Difficult to tell much from just this photo, but the Sub-dial sizing does look better...
Are you sure it's a Noob and not an ARF?

So3U8.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That looks damn nice. Is this Noob?

Yes it is. I swapped the SELS from 6 to 12 and lost most of the SEL gap at the top right lug from the previous pic. In the process I noticed that the SELs extend a little beyond the lugs on both SEL sides, both ends. Probably not intentional but fortunately for me that's much more gen-like for a PM model than the SELs being recessed. No sunbursts in the subdials, but overall I like it a lot. Less than 1% the cost of a gen, for 98% of the enjoyment (factoring in no need to insure it or worry about wearing it to the gym, etc). I'll take it!

SOspa.jpg

SL3Rp.jpg

SLOhX.jpg

Reactions: Therion666 and guru

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Yes it is. I swapped the SELS from 6 to 12 and lost most of the SEL gap at the top right lug from the previous pic. In the process I noticed that the SELs extend a little beyond the lugs on both SEL sides, both ends. Probably not intentional but fortunately for me that's much more gen-like for a PM model than the SELs being recessed. No sunbursts in the subdials, but overall I like it a lot. Less than 1% the cost of a gen, for 98% of the enjoyment (factoring in no need to insure it or worry about wearing it to the gym, etc). I'll take it!

SOspa.jpg

SL3Rp.jpg

SLOhX.jpg

Thanks for those pics. I think you just made me buy one of these. Honestly the sunburst on the subdials dont bother me too much. The rest of it even the ice blue dial color looks spot on and even on the gen its hard to capture the sunburst on the subdials.

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Beauty!
I've recently put this on my wtb-list.
Can you plz tell me, are the subdial-rings black or brown?

They are brown. It's hard to capture but easy to see IRL. I will try to get a good capture of the brown dials, in the meantime here is what black subdials look like. Most aftermarket ice blue dials have black subdials.

SAa6o.jpg

Reactions: Aquanautilus

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

I absolutely love that combo. I have tried to get it in both versions 2813/7750 but everytime the TD's fail to deliver. I WILL have this in a 4130 someday! I can't imagine the 7750 dial wouldn't fit with modding. I would be fine with it in a 2813 too, as thin as they are. The JF dials are great, far better than the BP and NOOB versions. I canceled an order on the BP dial, it's noticeably inferior in color and sharpness.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thx a LOT !
Far better than I expected! I might pull the trigger on this one.

Lighting makes a big difference. In bright incandescent light or outdoors, the brown is lighter. In florescent or LED light it looks darker, like my first pics. But it still looks brown and matches the bezel nicely in almost any light.

Reactions: Aquanautilus

hibee999

20/10/15
Why 116520 beautiful dial with ceramic insert from 116500?

In a perfect world I would have bought a gen 116500 dial but they are too expensive currently.

So instead I put a ceramic bezel on a 116520 dial (as many gen owners have done). Also stuck it on an Oysterflex as I prefer that look to the bracelet (as some gen 116500 owners have done).

End result is far from original but resembles the WG Daytona.

Sent from the RWI mobile app