• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
This is a 116506 Platinum Daytona. From the indivudual sunburst on the Subdials I would say it is an ARF. However the Serif R on the bezel say Noob.
Now I am confused :confused:.

Last edited:

eurofan85

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
This is a 116506 Platinum Daytona. From the indivudual sunburst on the Subdials I would say it is an ARF. However the Serif R on the bezel say Noob.
Now I am confused :confused:.

I guess I should have been more specific. I knew which Rolex model it was i was curious on factory. Tony what factory do you think does the best job on the 116506?

Dinkis

Supporter
Certified
23/8/15
Michigan, USA
d2e2cabeb10e992c094c937d6735761e.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: thorne

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
I guess I should have been more specific. I knew which Rolex model it was i was curious on factory. Tony what factory do you think does the best job on the 116506?

Unfortunately this is a not to easy question to answer as the Noob and the ARF version have several flaws.

Flaws on Noob:
- no individual subdial sunburst
- wrong Serif in the UNITS PER HOUR writing on the bezel (as far as I know there is no V3 available)
- wrong SEL. In precious metal models they should protrode. Here they are the same as the steel models.

Flaws on ARF:
- Subdials are slightly to thin
- dial color not correct
- wrong SEL. Same problem as Noob.

If you like this reference and can live with the flaws it depends if you want a working chrono or not.
Maybe an upcoming Noob V3 will solve some of the issues. But who knows...

Reactions: cdelpoz1

Omega38

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/7/18
Noob V3 116500 Panda.

Very happy with the watch quality and it is spotless clean.

Considering maybe CF Dial?? I see on the Gen the numbers on the subdial are to the bottom of the rings rather than in the middle and the subdials are a little slimmer maybe but tiny details.

Movement sounds very nice and all the functions work as they should. Bracelet feels great. Do these really need serviced right away??

I7exLcm.jpg

I7exLcm.jpg

OZBgY5X.jpg

oKYbSqw.jpg

KmpOzqN.jpg

Last edited:

Cosmograph4Ever

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
3/3/20
Wow.. Are this Phong pushers on the first one? They look like Mark 1

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I wish I had Millerighe MK I pushers on mine :-D
My watch is indeed the one on the right, comparing it to a 6240 in the Daytona Legend book. :)

Cosmograph4Ever

INMATE
3/3/20
MK1 and MK2 have smooth button ends

I bought pushers from Phong, and I ask smooth version correct for 6263 from 1970 to 1974.
My is Paul Newman dial. Which was mounted on the 6263 up to 1974 so it is obliged to have the Pushers mark 1 or mark 2. But it must be said that often during the service the buttons were replaced with the more recent Mark 3 (with the grooves) in how much waterproofing. So we can very well find several 6263s from the early 70s with the 3 mark pushers

You have a beautiful build there with MK2s :)

I was looking for MK1s and wasn’t successful yet to find really nice ones for my 6240, so I settled for the MK3s which I find very beautiful.

Cosmograph4Ever

INMATE
3/3/20
Is that DW based?

It is indeed! It’s an old „mystery movement“ DW case.

Specs are:

DW case
Vietnam dial
Vietnam bezel
Gen Valjoux 23 movement (modified to tri-compax)
Gen hands
Gen crystal
Gen 702 crown and 7020 tube
Swiss made MK3 pushers
Gen 78350 bracelet
Gen 7835 bracelet (which I don’t wear)

Reactions: Sdc83

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
You have a beautiful build there with MK2s :)

I was looking for MK1s and wasn’t successful yet to find really nice ones for my 6240, so I settled for the MK3s which I find very beautiful.

Your build is beautiful bro! Yes, your sigma dial could mount a thousand lines, but they are nowhere to be found.
During the 80-90s they put all the MK3 in their Daytona during the service ... congratulations !!!

Reactions: Cosmograph4Ever

Cosmograph4Ever

INMATE
3/3/20
Your build is beautiful bro! Yes, your sigma dial could mount a thousand lines, but they are nowhere to be found.
During the 80-90s they put all the MK3 in their Daytona during the service ... congratulations !!!

Exactly, a MKIII upgrade would have happened naturally so I’m happy with the result anyways. If you’re looking for Sigma dials, Ruby has them every once in a while. The Sigma symbol isn’t entirely correct but I won’t nitpick for the price and it’s microscopic on the wrist anyways.

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
Hi,
I just received the QC-Pics for my 116519 and there seem to be quite a lot of scratches on the indices. This seems to be extremely bad, did you ever had such an issue?
I already RL'd the watch, but still wanted to share it with you.
MXsBt.jpg

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
It is indeed! It’s an old „mystery movement“ DW case.

Specs are:

DW case
Vietnam dial
Vietnam bezel
Gen Valjoux 23 movement (modified to tri-compax)
Gen hands
Gen crystal
Gen 702 crown and 7020 tube
Swiss made MK3 pushers
Gen 78350 bracelet
Gen 7835 bracelet (which I don’t wear)

PM sent your way as I do actually have a MM DW and a val23 myself :)