Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by ndema View Post
    Noob V3 116519LN OOTB


    ....have no words, this from NOOb is by far the best Daytona rep in the market....this watch doesn't need mod, maybe a gen gasket if u want a noticeable upgrade; will be my next purchase, and after this pic i am even more convinced ;-))

    Comment


      big_polarbear thats looks amazing! If I may ask, from did you source the gen dial and hands and how much it cost?

      Comment


        Originally posted by SKnight View Post
        big_polarbear thats looks amazing! If I may ask, from did you source the gen dial and hands and how much it cost?
        Friend vendor through chrono24 ! I believe there’s a dial on sale atm

        Comment


          big_polarbear Cheers for the heads up. In your opinion what do you think is fair price for the dial?

          Comment


            Originally posted by SKnight View Post
            big_polarbear Cheers for the heads up. In your opinion what do you think is fair price for the dial?
            By very definition, market price is fair price.

            Comment


              3K plus is steep! My question for my follow members is; "Do you guys think that an upgrade from a Noob V3 116519 to a gen is worth it?"

              The reason I ask is because I'm having a hard time justifying the upgrade because the price to reward isnt working for me. In this particular instance the Noob dial I feel is really good, secondly the opportunity cost of capital, other projects i'd like to work on will have to be differed.

              I know what im asking is subjective but I would appreciate the feedback.

              Cheers

              Comment


                Originally posted by dharma View Post

                ....have no words, this from NOOb is by far the best Daytona rep in the market....this watch doesn't need mod, maybe a gen gasket if u want a noticeable upgrade; will be my next purchase, and after this pic i am even more convinced ;-))
                only case is different... too cool than gen (white gold)
                WTB
                PP Nautilus white ppf v4

                Comment


                  Originally posted by SKnight View Post
                  3K plus is steep! My question for my follow members is; "Do you guys think that an upgrade from a Noob V3 116519 to a gen is worth it?"

                  The reason I ask is because I'm having a hard time justifying the upgrade because the price to reward isnt working for me. In this particular instance the Noob dial I feel is really good, secondly the opportunity cost of capital, other projects i'd like to work on will have to be differed.

                  I know what im asking is subjective but I would appreciate the feedback.

                  Cheers
                  My opinion is: NO
                  For other references (116500/116520) gen dial makes difference, bezel is not indispensable and hands are simply icing on the cake.....but if those upgrades (about 1,8/2,5K euro) do not put in difficulty your "pockets"....why not? They are always a good investment, as you can easily resell the watch at the price you payed.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by dharma View Post

                    My opinion is: NO
                    For other references (116500/116520) gen dial makes difference, bezel is not indispensable and hands are simply icing on the cake.....but if those upgrades (about 1,8/2,5K euro) do not put in difficulty your "pockets"....why not? They are always a good investment, as you can easily resell the watch at the price you payed.
                    Word. If it isn’t an upgrade that will improve it exponentially than it probably isn’t worth it, especially if you’re bending your back or breaking the bank to get that upgrade. Remember that majority of the population won’t even recognise your watch let alone the dial. But if it’s easily affordable and helps you sleep better at night then go right ahead.

                    And like mentioned above, if it is a good upgrade, it should easily fetch 70-80% of the cost price back when you decide to flip it in the future.

                    SKnight I’m on the fence about getting a gen DJ41 Rhodium dial too so i understand how you feel!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by popi2020 View Post

                      only case is different... too cool than gen (white gold)
                      There is, i suppose, a thread about it, but could u please tell me in a nutshell what are the differences between the cases? (apart from metal)

                      Thanks mate

                      Comment


                        dharma appreciate the feedback.
                        @Daytonamania Mate that is exactly one of the same watches im considering, that or the Wimbeldon.
                        However for that im also considering going the ARF Franken route and getting all the bells and whistles from @interactiv.

                        I actually got into the rep game about a year ago when I stumbled upon this forum while looking to purchase a gen to mark a significant mile stone i finally and fortunately achieved.
                        At that point in time the consideration was simple, I could purchase a gen and be limited to 1 maybe 2 watches or explore holorogy through the rep/ franken game, and as im relatively young, 30, I could always look into getting gen/ grail pieces later. So while a gen dial or even gen mercifully wont break my back, I am considering the opportunity cost of money, and whether that money is better spent else where ie. towards another watch/project or saved.

                        Cheers

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by SKnight View Post
                          dharma appreciate the feedback.
                          @Daytonamania Mate that is exactly one of the same watches im considering, that or the Wimbeldon.
                          However for that im also considering going the ARF Franken route and getting all the bells and whistles from @interactiv.

                          I actually got into the rep game about a year ago when I stumbled upon this forum while looking to purchase a gen to mark a significant mile stone i finally and fortunately achieved.
                          At that point in time the consideration was simple, I could purchase a gen and be limited to 1 maybe 2 watches or explore holorogy through the rep/ franken game, and as im relatively young, 30, I could always look into getting gen/ grail pieces later. So while a gen dial or even gen mercifully wont break my back, I am considering the opportunity cost of money, and whether that money is better spent else where ie. towards another watch/project or saved.

                          Cheers
                          I already have the watch. And it’s been franken-ed with a gen DW and xtal purchased from interaktiv. I’d say go ahead as that’s a low cost route to the DJ41 as pretty much everything else is close to gen imo. Just thought of getting the gen dial (and possibly hands) to complete the franken. Hope you’re able to make up your mind soon and see you in the ARF DJ41 thread, mate!

                          As for this thread, i already have a Noob V3 116520 with an ARF dial and bezel installed. So very happy with that already. Still on the fence about a gen bezel!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by dharma View Post

                            There is, i suppose, a thread about it, but could u please tell me in a nutshell what are the differences between the cases? (apart from metal)

                            Thanks mate
                            White gold has a slightly warmer tone to it due to the nature of its compound. Another thing that I see that is not often mentioned is the shine and depth of gold. When looking a PM piece, there's a sense of depth that stainless steel/plating can't replicate. It glows rather than reflects, if that makes any sense.

                            As for case shape, from pictures, it seems the lugs of the gen is cut a bit sharper on the edge. All the edges just look a bit more defined than the Noob. ARF is just completely off.
                            Last edited by ndema; 19-11-20, 00:43.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by SKnight View Post
                              3K plus is steep! My question for my follow members is; "Do you guys think that an upgrade from a Noob V3 116519 to a gen is worth it?"

                              The reason I ask is because I'm having a hard time justifying the upgrade because the price to reward isnt working for me. In this particular instance the Noob dial I feel is really good, secondly the opportunity cost of capital, other projects i'd like to work on will have to be differed.

                              I know what im asking is subjective but I would appreciate the feedback.

                              Cheers
                              Worth is always subjective. Ultimately, depends on what you're chasing.

                              For me, I'd say it's not worth it. The Noob 116519 dial isn't perfect, but for what it is, it's pretty darn close. Close enough that I'm not bothered by it once wearing it on the wrist.

                              Comment


                                Omega: 2 x Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Liquidmetal \ Speedmaster Apollo XVII \ Seamaster The James Bond 007 - 50th Anniversiy Ceramic \
                                Aqua Terra Grey Dial 007 \ Seamaster Diver 300 Blue Dial \ Planet Ocean CrPO 42mm Noob \ Vintage Seamaster 300 Military \
                                Rolex: Daytona 2016 116500 modded \ GMT Master II 16710 Red/Black \ Yacht-Master 116622 Noob Grey Dial \ Submariner 116610 Hulk \ Datejust blue dial \
                                IWC: Portugese Chrono 3714 \ Top Gun Chrono PVD

                                Tudor: Heritage Black Bay Bronze \ Heritage Black Bay Red Bezel
                                Porsche Design: Flat Six Chronograph P6000 - A7750
                                Montblanc: Timewalker GMT - Swiss ETA 2836-2

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X