No announcement yet.

Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry if this has been posted before but I found this dial straight from Rolex's own website... the text is bold on the dial. I guess the V4 bold text isn't inaccurate after all?

Comment

Originally posted by Duckber View Post
      Sorry if this has been posted before but I found this dial straight from Rolex's own website... the text is bold on the dial. I guess the V4 bold text isn't inaccurate after all?

I know this sounds funny, but you can not trust these computer generated Images on the Rolex website. They are not pictures of actual dials. The dial you have posted is a fantasy mix up of the 116520 and the 116500 dial. The Daytona text (different shape of the "A") over the 6 o Clock subdial belongs to 116520s and the 5 liner Rolex text is of a 116500.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Clifton View Post

I know this sounds funny, but you can not trust these computer generated Images on the Rolex website. They are not pictures of actual dials. The dial you have posted is a fantasy mix up of the 116520 and the 116500 dial. The Daytona text (different shape of the "A") over the 6 o Clock subdial belongs to 116520s and the 5 liner Rolex text is of a 116500.
        Fair, but what about this?

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Dr0AAOSw4BFeRwb4/s-l1600.jpg

Taken from https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolex-Cosmo...-/174191617460

Looks like an updated bold text dial on a legit Daytona.

Comment

You are right. Later Gen dials (2019/2020 models) seem to have bolder fonts. This has already been discussed in the Noob V4 thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Clifton View Post
            You are right. Later Gen dials (2019/2020 models) seem to have bolder fonts. This has already been discussed in the Noob V4 thread.
            +1

Comment

Comment

116500 LN

Comment

Coming soon....
                  Gen bezel
                  Gen dial aph chromalight new

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Chromalight collection :-)

Comment

Put together by the legend himself, legend

Comment

NOOB case
                        Short aftermarket clasp
                        Gen black APH dial Superluminova
                        Rehaut NO RRR
                        Gen bezel

Comment

I also have a noob and I'm looking for the components to make it a franc ... I think the Bezel is indispensable, there is no ARF that holds!
                          WTB
                          PP Nautilus white ppf v4

Comment

Originally posted by popi2020 View Post
                            I also have a noob and I'm looking for the components to make it a franc ... I think the Bezel is indispensable, there is no ARF that holds!
                            Dial is the eye-catcher of every watch, for the Daytona is absolutely the more striking appeal.....Arf bezel is the best rep, but obviously it has nothing on the gen one.....however, a NOOB with only a gen dial is already very credible, imho.

Comment

NOOB case
                              Short aftermarket clasp
                              Gen black APH dial Superluminova
                              Rehaut NO RRR
                              Gen bezel
                              116520 black dial is my favorite Daytona of all time. 2 questions for you:

1. Are you thinking about getting an ARF bracelet as I heard they are superior quality and finish to the Noob ones.
                              2. How does the gen bezel compare to the Noob? For my build I was considering going Noob base with ARF bracelet, dial, and bezel. Wondering if a gen bezel is worth the $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cassapanca View Post

Chromalight collection :-)

???

Comment

Working...
                                X